All Newton all the time

RichardBag

Sorry, I haven't had a chance to reply to this yet...I have been at a Klan meeting all day.

The idea of people not liking Cam because of his race is silly...almost as silly as this thread being created and you not saying this in the All Newton thread...

and then this happens....

Thats fine hate it all you want...out of 40+ superbowls how many of the winning qb's were black....1....Thats all i have to say.....NEXT

Sorry jboyst, if you dont believe there are a large number of fans (not just Bills, but from other teams in a position to take him) that dont want him because he is black, then you are being selectively ignorant to how crappy people can be. They might not come right out and say "I dont want a black QB", but theyll hide through the thinly veiled BS lines like "He's just another Russell" "He's another dumb, lazy running QB" etc.

I've had a LOT of discussions regarding Newton IRL, and the number of conversations that start with these ignorant statements has really shocked me. Some by people that are really close to me who I thought were better than that. Some by people who flat out admitted to me that they dont want a black QB in Buffalo, and dont think the rest of the town wants one as well. This is partly why Ive been such a staunch Newton defender, I feel like people write him off before actually thinking about it. They just take the easy way out and go with "Ignorance is Bliss".

Edited by DrDankenstein

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dont understand the fascination with Gabbert. He has mediocre ypa cmp % td-int ratio in a system designed to inflate qb's #'s in a weak defensive conference. Other than the fact he's tall, with a good arm and physical skill set, and accurate while wearing shorts the guy just is not impressive. I'm not in favor of drafting a qb in the 1st, but push comes to shove at least you can see the potential in Newton. What about Gabbert's actual play inspires confidence in anyone? This draft is too defensive line heavy and for a team who can use all the front 7 help they could get to forego that to draft a below average qb from the spread would be a monumental waste of a draft pick.

Sorry jboyst, if you dont believe there are a large number of fans (not just Bills, but from other teams in a position to take him) that dont want him because he is black, then you are being selectively ignorant to how crappy people can be. They might not come right out and say "I dont want a black QB", but theyll hide through the thinly veiled BS lines like "He's just another Russell" "He's another dumb, lazy running QB" etc.

I've had a LOT of discussions regarding Newton IRL, and the number of conversations that start with these ignorant statements has really shocked me. Some by people that are really close to me who I thought were better than that. Some by people who flat out admitted to me that they dont want a black QB in Buffalo, and dont think the rest of the town wants one as well. This is partly why Ive been such a staunch Newton defender, I feel like people write him off before actually thinking about it. They just take the easy way out and go with "Ignorance is Bliss".

No doubt there are a lot of haters around. :thumbdown:

Newton is much farther along as a passer, than Tebow is, even right now.

By passer do you mean throwing motion? Outside of throwing motion, Id say Tebow is on par or exceeding Newton in all phases. He does have a year of NFL experience under his belt but still - thats what we are talking about.

I'll eat my hat if Newton has a better career than Tebow.

By passer do you mean throwing motion? Outside of throwing motion, Id say Tebow is on par or exceeding Newton in all phases. He does have a year of NFL experience under his belt but still - thats what we are talking about.

I'll eat my hat if Newton has a better career than Tebow.

No you won't

ummm newsflash...just because i say something on here that is the truth that makes it a racist comment....only one quarterback in the nfl was black that won a superbowl...thats not racist its the truth...and 47 percent of the pouplation on welfare is black..thats racist...no its the truth....im am by no means racist...i just speak the facts....

Yes. That must be it, It is basic cause-and-effect. Or maybe only 1 black QB has ever won a Super Bowl because antiquated prejudices such as yours prevented many very capable black athletes from playing the position at the NFL level.

ok if you say so....im white and im proud to be white dude....cause and effect syndrome give me a freaking break....i am sick of hearing all that....i have alot of black friends and ill say the same thing to them...cause and effect...so something that happens 100 years ago is still haunting black athletes today....something that happened 100 years ago crowds our prisons with 50-60 percent black populations....something that happened 100 years ago....has shaped our young kids to wear their pants off their a&*...and disrespect authority....and i bet the white people get the blame forr all of that also...jsut like your implying that we have caused the black athlete to not be good enough to win a superbowl when it is a known fact that the white qb is by far the statistical leader even in the past 10 years...not even going back...im sick of my race constantly getting blamed for the cause and effect factor....what a scapegoat....im done no need to reply cause im not listening to the crying...i listened to it for way to long....its time for a white history month.....

ok if you say so....im white and im proud to be white dude....cause and effect syndrome give me a freaking break....i am sick of hearing all that....i have alot of black friends and ill say the same thing to them...cause and effect...so something that happens 100 years ago is still haunting black athletes today....something that happened 100 years ago crowds our prisons with 50-60 percent black populations....something that happened 100 years ago....has shaped our young kids to wear their pants off their a&*...and disrespect authority....and i bet the white people get the blame forr all of that also...jsut like your implying that we have caused the black athlete to not be good enough to win a superbowl when it is a known fact that the white qb is by far the statistical leader even in the past 10 years...not even going back...im sick of my race constantly getting blamed for the cause and effect factor....what a scapegoat....im done no need to reply cause im not listening to the crying...i listened to it for way to long....its time for a white history month.....

What you're saying is correct. The problem is, that doesn't represent every black. You lump all blacks into the same category of thugs strictly because of skin color. Are there more thug blacks than whites? I'd have to say yes, but that doesn't mean every black is a thug. Is cam newton a thug? Never met him, but id say probably not. He stole computers in college....so did i. Im no thug, just a kid that thought he could get away with something. Michael Jackson was black at one time btw. He was gangsta as they come....

I LIKED WATCHING NEWTON BUT HE IS A ONE YEAR WONDER . I WILL GIVE IT TO HIM HE HAS WON EVERY WHERE HE HAS PLAYED , BUT TO MUCH OF THE UNKNOWN & THE KNOWN IS AGAINST HIM .

THAT BEING SAID I BELIEVE A PLAYER THAT IS THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF NEWTON IS DALTON FROM TCU , THIS GUYS RESUME IS THROUGH THE ROOF . 66.1 COMPLETION PERCENTAGE , 42 & 7 AS A STARTER , PLUS HE HAS 4 YRS UNDER HIS BELT ! NOT TO MENTION HIS TD TO INT PERCENTAGE IS LIKE 3 OR 4 TO 1 . WHO EVER GET'S HIM WILL HAVE A GREAT QB FOR A LONG TIME !!!

QB - DALTON ------- BRUCE = BOWERS

C- WOODS ------- BISQUIT = MERRIMAN

RB - SPILLER & JACKSON ------- TALLEY = MOATS

WR - JOHNSON ------- CONLAN = POZ OR BATTEN

UMMMM !! COULD BE ???

Edited by T master

I LIKED WATCHING NEWTON BUT HE IS A ONE YEAR WONDER . I WILL GIVE IT TO HIM HE HAS WON EVERY WHERE HE HAS PLAYED , BUT TO MUCH OF THE UNKNOWN & THE KNOWN IS AGAINST HIM .

THAT BEING SAID I BELIEVE A PLAYER THAT IS THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF NEWTON IS DALTON FROM TCU , THIS GUYS RESUME IS THROUGH THE ROOF . 66.1 COMPLETION PERCENTAGE , 42 & 7 AS A STARTER , PLUS HE HAS 4 YRS UNDER HIS BELT ! NOT TO MENTION HIS TD TO INT PERCENTAGE IS LIKE 3 OR 4 TO 1 . WHO EVER GET'S HIM WILL HAVE A GREAT QB FOR A LONG TIME !!!

QB - DALTON ------- BRUCE = BOWERS

C- WOODS ------- BISQUIT = MERRIMAN

RB - SPILLER & JACKSON ------- TALLEY = MOATS

WR - JOHNSON ------- CONLAN = POZ OR BATTEN

UMMMM !! COULD BE ???

what the......?

No you don't.

ummm newsflash...just because i say something on here that is the truth that makes it a racist comment....only one quarterback in the nfl was black that won a superbowl...thats not racist its the truth...and 47 percent of the pouplation on welfare is black..thats racist...no its the truth....im am by no means racist...i just speak the facts....

No, actually that's not the truth. More whites are on welfare. And why wouldn't that be the case

as whites make up the majority of the population; for the time being anyway.

http://www.huppi.com/kangaroo/L-welfareblack.htm

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,974473,00.html

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1077/is_n2_v48/ai_12970819/

http://www.newcoalition.org/Article.cfm?artId=152

http://academic.udayton.edu/race/04needs/welfare01b.htm

As far as the Super Bowl winning QB argument that is just ignorant for obvious reasons any thinking person can see.

Edited by purple haze

No, actually that's not the truth. More whites are on welfare. And why wouldn't that be the case

as whites make up the majority of the population; for the time being anyway.

http://www.huppi.com/kangaroo/L-welfareblack.htm

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,974473,00.html

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1077/is_n2_v48/ai_12970819/

http://www.newcoalition.org/Article.cfm?artId=152

http://academic.udayton.edu/race/04needs/welfare01b.htm

As far as the Super Bowl winning QB argument that is just ignorant for obvious reasons any thinking person can see.

whoa whoa whoa. thats enough fancy research and learnin words. blacks are good for two things, 1. being on welfare and B. eatin chicken

now thats just the facts…. :ph34r:

I hope we take Newton and he becomes amazing and all the dummies buy his jersey.