All Newton all the time

RichardBag

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So? alot of people here think that the Bill's should take Newton. Well He may have enough on field skills but it does seem that he's missing TWO things. Maturity and leadership! The Bills dont need a ENTERTIANER OR ICON!! We all know that leadership starts with the QB,skills - leadership = repeating history.

Will Newton be hangin out and singin rap with Maybin? Players that have something but dont have enough and believe everything that the media heads hype them up to be - OVER RATED!

Saying he's not a leader means you have watched none of his games or just the BCS championship and are making assumptions off the smallest sample size possible. (which isn't even a good example of him not being a leader)

It just sounds like you're passing off assumptions as facts to make an illogical judgement on how someone will turn out in the NFL.

Saying he's not a leader means you have watched none of his games or just the BCS championship and are making assumptions off the smallest sample size possible. (which isn't even a good example of him not being a leader)

It just sounds like you're passing off assumptions as facts to make an illogical judgement on how someone will turn out in the NFL.

Alot of big words with nothing said

I know that the blowback from his comments are negative from GMs, scouts and pundits but I wonder what owners actually think. Maybe Ralph would want an entertainer and an icon. Maybe he would like to sell more season tickets, more national coverage and more money all around. I am not so sure those comments would upset a number of owners. I am not saying Newton should be picked, but I am saying that the league is a business and plenty of draft picks bust. So an owner might be tempted to take a guy that can sell a few more jerseys and put fans in seats. Essentially, an owner would be riding the hype wave and who knows the guy might actually be good.

I believe that Newton is likely a few years away but no one can argue that he doesn't have a ton of potential and due to certain unknowns a higher bust %.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.

Don't know if this has been posted yet. ESPN blog column on the likelihood of Cam ending up with each individual NFL team. Bills are only team rated "High."

Where will Cam Newton land?

Actually Chevy there are two teams rated high and with them picking 1st overall (Panthers) and 3rd (Bills) it decreases the chance of anyone else drafting Cam Newton.

Been busy but was able to take in Cam's combine workout. It was ehh. He looked as disinterested as I did in watching the whole event. Let's be honest, that wasnt a sporting event, that was a television event. Most see it as Cam didnt perform in a SPORTING event. Atleast be aware and recognize it for what it was, a TELEVISION event. I see it as, since im gifted with the use of the other half of my brain...that maybe this kid's light only turns on when its gametyme....not in some faux exibition. I cant imagine being a sucessful GM in this league if u dry hump every Combine super hero. Personally, I could care less about Auburn's pro day...I have already seen the light!! And this light I speak of...is his game tapes. Every thing you need to know is on those tapes. Its really that simple and I cant help anyone if they think otherwise.Hmmmm faux event or real life winning a college championship....hmmmm....yea..nothin changes for me. I-Tee at #3...Owwww...it has such a nice ring to it!! Say it with me I-Tee @ 3!! I-Tee @ 3!!

Nice article with some depth in their comparsion of Cam to Rothleisberger. Take notice of the highlighted text...

Link

"Roethlisberger struggled to read defenses early in his NFL career, a concern for Newton after two seasons as a college starter, including only one at the NCAA Division I level."

Git "IT" OBD

You are right, game tapes say it all....well almost all

What about the play his OC called and Newrton decided to change it and then fumbled the ball...that could have lost the game for them.... Mike Mayock gave the kid a C for his performance in the NCG. This guy reminds me of a TO... only at QB, I think he will be nothing but trouble for the team that selects him.

Why is this thread still going anyway, most of the NFL saw what he was like at the combine, if you can't perform in shorts with no pass rush... can't throw accuratly...big mouth....mememememe...show ME the money.... a project that will require the team that selects him to revamp their offense to a run and gun, wildcat

Edited by Harvey lives

Actually Chevy there are two teams rated high and with them picking 1st overall (Panthers) and 3rd (Bills) it decreases the chance of anyone else drafting Cam Newton.

Nice catch. You have to wonder how anyone feels post-combine. Now, many are predicting he will fall way back into the 1st rd.

Nice catch. You have to wonder how anyone feels post-combine. Now, many are predicting he will fall way back into the 1st rd.

Not that it matters (the only opinions that count are the guys actually making the picks), but here's what Mayock said post-combine...

Mayock sees four quarterbacks with first-round ability: Gabbert, Auburn’s Cam Newton, Washington’s Jake Locker and Arkansas’ Ryan Mallet, but Gabbert is the only one he viewed as a top-10 pick coming out of the combine...A Cincinnati writer asked Mayock if it would be a reach to take Gabbert at No. 4. Mayock said he’s worthy of the first overall pick.

“If I’m telling you he’s a top-10 pick, I’m willing to put my butt on the line and say he’s a top-one pick,” Mayock said. “I mean one’s part of 10. Bottom line to me, if I’m telling you a kid’s a top-10 pick, I believe in Blaine Gabbert. And you know me, and you know my belief about franchise quarterbacks. They trump every other need. If you don’t have those guys, you don’t win in this league. You just don’t.”

(Link-Mayock on Blaine Gabbert: ‘He’s a top-one pick’)

Kim Newton, OTOH, I can easily falling out of round one.

GABBERT GABBERT GABBERT B-)

thought about starting a new thread but it would get closed down and Newton doesn't need another one, So for all the newton Haters enjoy;

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/larry-felser/article359483.ece

We all choose how we spend our tyme, like say me for instance, I would rather spend it reading this Link than reading what you linked. Which was a POS, lazy, "just collecting a paycheck", drive-by, non-researched, Notepad, rant. Probably submitted via Blackberry as he waited in traffic. It amounts to nothing more than a hatchet job. What confirms this for me, is this little Felser doozy "The flaw I find most disturbing is that he has a poor work ethic." and then procedes to follow it up with no facts or examples of this "poor work ethic"?? C'mon Son!! There are better ways to spend your time and may I suggest the article I linked. And just in case this poorly constructed, literary arrow caused you some pain, here is truly researched, excerpt from the above linked article, concerning his "work ethic":

"This is one of the biggest questions surrounding Newton – how hard does he work? Well, all we see is effusive praise for his ability to knuckle down and do what it takes to be the best."

"he would spend all of his free time working out and watching tape"

"Newton arranged every weekend of the summer for his offense to work out for hours each day honing routes, increasing fitness, repping plays again and again so that the timing was down"

"coaches raved about the way that Newton spent time with his receivers, helping them to learn to adjust their routes when a blitz is coming, teaching them to recognize hot routes when they see certain coverage’s and helping them learn the audibles"

"Newton was one of the first in and last to leave the weight and film rooms and was constantly trying to learn to become better"

"Newton also talked at length about how meticulous he plans for each game watching not only film of opponents, but also of himself and of NFL and college passers he admires such as Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Andrew Luck:"

THIS IS MY FAV PART!!!

"But perhaps the most interesting comment on his work ethic comes from his LT Lee Ziemba who said that during winter workouts Newton so impressed his offensive teammates in the weight room that they named him – a QB - to a five-man tug-of-war team to take on the defense. The offense won. Ziemba went on to say that: “Players put a great deal of stock in how hard a teammate works when there's no coach forcing him to do it. But Cam was out there in the rain, throwing passes on the weekend when we were at the lake. He was dragging receivers out there with him. That kind of work ethic prepared our guys to follow him."

Nuff said!!

LMFAO @ Felser

Git "IT"

We all choose how we spend our tyme, like say me for instance, I would rather spend it reading this Link than reading what you linked. Which was a POS, lazy, "just collecting a paycheck", drive-by, non-researched, Notepad, rant. Probably submitted via Blackberry as he waited in traffic. It amounts to nothing more than a hatchet job. What confirms this for me, is this little Felser doozy "The flaw I find most disturbing is that he has a poor work ethic." and then procedes to follow it up with no facts or examples of this "poor work ethic"?? C'mon Son!! There are better ways to spend your time and may I suggest the article I linked. And just in case this poorly constructed, literary arrow caused you some pain, here is truly researched, excerpt from the above linked article, concerning his "work ethic":

"This is one of the biggest questions surrounding Newton – how hard does he work? Well, all we see is effusive praise for his ability to knuckle down and do what it takes to be the best."

"he would spend all of his free time working out and watching tape"

"Newton arranged every weekend of the summer for his offense to work out for hours each day honing routes, increasing fitness, repping plays again and again so that the timing was down"

"coaches raved about the way that Newton spent time with his receivers, helping them to learn to adjust their routes when a blitz is coming, teaching them to recognize hot routes when they see certain coverage’s and helping them learn the audibles"

"Newton was one of the first in and last to leave the weight and film rooms and was constantly trying to learn to become better"

"Newton also talked at length about how meticulous he plans for each game watching not only film of opponents, but also of himself and of NFL and college passers he admires such as Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Andrew Luck:"

THIS IS MY FAV PART!!!

"But perhaps the most interesting comment on his work ethic comes from his LT Lee Ziemba who said that during winter workouts Newton so impressed his offensive teammates in the weight room that they named him – a QB - to a five-man tug-of-war team to take on the defense. The offense won. Ziemba went on to say that: “Players put a great deal of stock in how hard a teammate works when there's no coach forcing him to do it. But Cam was out there in the rain, throwing passes on the weekend when we were at the lake. He was dragging receivers out there with him. That kind of work ethic prepared our guys to follow him."

Nuff said!!

LMFAO @ Felser

Git "IT"

Doesn't change the fact that Newton wont be a NFL QB.