All Newton all the time

RichardBag

The change of direction would be present when either player were to hit the opposing player, the velocity of the impact would be what matters - does Cam's size make up for that .07 difference then Locker? The velocity of the hit upon the opposing player is what we are talking about, because as a 100% fact the speed trial shows that Newton is .07 slower. It doesn't matter if he is .00001, what you were telling me is that by no means is he slower because of the size of Newton.

Either way, I am steering clear of this thread from here out, it is getting way too much.

Especially when people are so determined to find flaws that they bring up .00001s of seconds and 1/8 of an inch of hand size.

Nice stretching y'all.

I personally love the Campbell\Russell\Vick\Young\Cunningham\Marlin Briscoe comparisons.

If you're going to take that route why can't Cam Newton be the next Steve McNair?

Edited by Why So Serious?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The change of direction would be present when either player were to hit the opposing player, the velocity of the impact would be what matters - does Cam's size make up for that .07 difference then Locker? The velocity of the hit upon the opposing player is what we are talking about, because as a 100% fact the speed trial shows that Newton is .07 slower. It doesn't matter if he is .00001, what you were telling me is that by no means is he slower because of the size of Newton.

Either way, I am steering clear of this thread from here out, it is getting way too much.

Whaaatttt??? I was talking about their 40 and them running straight is that not what I said?. How it turned into them hitting somebody I don't know ... All I was saying was Newton is bigger than Locker so technically Locker should be faster but he's not they're the same speed. How that makes Locker faster I don't know... Anyway me and Micheal Vick (to your left) salute you for trying to make sense out of what you said... :thumbsup:

Edited by ReturnoftheBuffaloBeast23

Grape Newton?

Some negative ammo on Cam Newton: Some scouts believe his inexperience shows and he is still low on the learning curve for the QB position. Needs to learn basic QB footwork, how to read receivers, and time and adjust his throws.

LOL. Exactly. The scouts are actually being kind. The statement should simply read: "Needs to learn how to play QB." It's really quite simple folks. Cam Newton has a SINGLE season as a starting QB in DivI. Adding insult to injury, during that SINGLE season, Cam Newton had a WHOPPING 280 pass attempts..not completions..ATTEMPTS. He had 21 pass attempts a game. LOL. 3rd pick? :huh: But ya, he can run too!...blah. His shenanigans on the field at Auburn won't come so easily in the NFL, and he's going to have to THROW the ball - that is after all what QB's do.

Ok, I'm done with my anti-Cam rhetoric for the day. :beer:

Edited by bobobonators

I like how he's being slammed for not enough pass attempts... yet threw, what, 30 touchdowns?

This thread is crazy, people throwing out extremes left and right.

He's a risk. But all QBs are. He's the most talented risk though, and he's got the most potential.

On one hand you can say, well we have a QB that can get the job done, why take a risk? On the other hand you can say, well, we have a QB that can get the job done, so just in case our risk doesn't work out, we are still ok there.

IMO, defense is strong in this draft, we should be able to get quality players even if we choose a QB early. Is that Newton, or some other guy? Who knows. But frankly, I am intrigued by Newton's potential, and trust Chan/Nix to draft a guy they can coach.

Edited by Dorkington

I find it interesting that the Bills haven't tendered Brohm. Opening up a spot for one of these guys maybe?

Chan knows QB's and if he sees the guy they need they'll take him if he's there.

What will we all be saying and guessing by April 27th? That's half the fun.

I find it interesting that the Bills haven't tendered Brohm. Opening up a spot for one of these guys maybe?

Chan knows QB's and if he sees the guy they need they'll take him if he's there.

What will we all be saying and guessing by April 27th? That's half the fun.

Not interesting at all. aBrohmination had no chance to make the roster. Journeyman or rookie will be the 2nd or 3rd QB.

If Tebow is a first round pick, Newton easily will be.

Will the Bills take him? No clue.

I'm not so sure. He was unimpressive at the combine with his footwork and throwing, reportedly defensive in his interviws, red flags in terms of character and has only attepted 280 passes at the collegiate level.

Tebow was a part of two national championship teams in 4 years and his intangibles and leadership was off the charts. And the biggest difference IMO was no red flags, Tebow wanted to be the best ever and he was going to work that hard to do it, Newton appears to want to be a celebrity more than a player and that will scare teams away

I read his column today which states the Bills can't afford to pass on Newton. I realize he's a columnists whose main purpose is to stir things up. From everything being stated, I'd be surprised if the Bills were to select Newton, partically now that thngs out of the combine stated his "stock" dropped which makes me wonder if Sully wrote this article now, this way if the Bil's don't pick Newton, this topic is worth 2 or 3 more columns ripping the Bill's Three or four years from now if it turns out Newton is a great, Sully can write more articles, if he's a flop, no one will remember Sull'y article anyway. So it basically is a can't lose situation for Sully to be in.

Again, I understand that's his job, to write the opposite of what happns to stir things up.

I read his column today which states the Bills can't afford to pass on Newton. I realize he's a columnists whose main purpose is to stir things up. From everything being stated, I'd be surprised if the Bills were to select Newton, partically now that thngs out of the combine stated his "stock" dropped which makes me wonder if Sully wrote this article now, this way if the Bil's don't pick Newton, this topic is worth 2 or 3 more columns ripping the Bill's Three or four years from now if it turns out Newton is a great, Sully can write more articles, if he's a flop, no one will remember Sull'y article anyway. So it basically is a can't lose situation for Sully to be in.

Again, I understand that's his job, to write the opposite of what happns to stir things up.

Sully's a professional curmudgeon. I'm only an amateur, but we're qualified to orchestrate an NFL draft. *I* think we should defer our first round pick all together, just let the clock run out. They'll never see it coming. Now quick, somebody start a thread about *my* opinion.

Man, you are way over thinking this. His opinion on Newton alone tells me he isn't even smart enough to think that far into the future with such a ploy.

In his chat last Friday, Sully said that there was a double standard about Newton.

Sully said that no one had a problem with Sanchez and Leinart being divas, but they have a problem with Newton being a diva. He stated that he thought race was part of the equation for the double standard.

What Sully didn't mention in the chat (but glosses over in his article) was anything about Newton's "hat trick" of concerns…the cheating scandal…the stolen laptop scandal, and the pay-for-play scandal. He chalks these up to "youthful indiscretions" as if they were the equivalent of Newton drinking too much and barfing up in a Taco Bell at 1 am.

In my recollection, neither Sanchez or Leinart had these blemishes (actually scandals) on their records.

So again, IMO, Sully is either being dishonest in his framing of the issues or he's being lazy in his thinking.