Post draft quote we can count on.

So we know the Bills have said they will have their top 3 players picked out so that they will be guranteed to get one of them when their pick comes. No matter which player they pick I know the quote that will follow ... "We were really happy to see (insert name) still there when we were on the clock. He was actually the player we had ranked first on our board, so we're really excited."

what about the second round pick when they say, we had him in our top ten to fifteen and were surprised when he was still around. we think he had first round talent and it was a shock he was still on the board when it was our pick again.

"Today the Bills released _________, the 3rd overall pick. from the 2011 draft" - Chris Brown, Circa August, 2014

"we know Mel Kiper every other team didn't have him going until the 3rd round, but he was our guy- so we drafted him"

Fixed

Edited by Thoner7

"even with the third draft slot, we blew the first 3 rounds badly. But we have to give our scouts credit. Our 5th, 6th, and 7th round picks are mediocre to slightly above average. We hit on our late rounds again"

So we know the Bills have said they will have their top 3 players picked out so that they will be guranteed to get one of them when their pick comes. No matter which player they pick I know the quote that will follow ... "We were really happy to see (insert name) still there when we were on the clock. He was actually the player we had ranked first on our board, so we're really excited."

Wow, a NEW negative fan to add to all the crap already spewed here. :censored::wallbash: No wonder most of the old timers don't post much around here anymore. Come back guys. Take your site back!

Wow, a NEW negative fan to add to all the crap already spewed here. :censored::wallbash: No wonder most of the old timers don't post much around here anymore. Come back guys. Take your site back!

This wasn't actually meant to be negative. The guy we pick could be a complete stud. I'm just saying this is the type of quote we always get from Nix, Gailey, and company, no matter the situation. I'm fairly new to the board but actually couldn't be happier with the progress this organization has shown with the new coaches and FO. Is it perfect? No, but no team is. And I honestly believe the Bills are headed in the right direction! However, I'm optimistic about the Bills every year...even when Dick was coach.

This wasn't actually meant to be negative. The guy we pick could be a complete stud. I'm just saying this is the type of quote we always get from Nix, Gailey, and company, no matter the situation. I'm fairly new to the board but actually couldn't be happier with the progress this organization has shown with the new coaches and FO. Is it perfect? No, but no team is. And I honestly believe the Bills are headed in the right direction! However, I'm optimistic about the Bills every year...even when Dick was coach.

Of course thats the quote you get. its called PR. No front office is going to come out and say ****...we !@#$ed up

"Today the Bills released _________, the 3rd overall pick. from the 2011 draft" - Chris Brown, Circa August, 2014

Fixed

I was going to predict a post draft quote of you whining but you preempted that already.

Ah, the heck with it. I'll still predict a post draft quote of you whining.

"Well, since the moment last season ended we have paid careful attention to the folks over at TwoBillsDrive and kept constant tabs on what their experts had to say on The Stadium Wall, so yeah, we're quite happy with our picks."

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Even Carolina will use this on the first pick.

He has a tremendous first step.

I hope they don't care what Mel Kiper thinks of a player.

For whatever reason, Kiper is not charismatic or instantly likable, as say Chris Berman, for example.

He's just one of those guys. Maybe too serious for sports entertainment coverage.

But you know what?...if we'd gone with his picks over the last several years rather than those chosen by the Bills brass, we'd be a better team right now.

Like him or not, the guy does his homework, and I wish our geniuses at One Bills Drive would gone along with his top ranked players.

I hope they don't care what Mel Kiper thinks of a player.

Blindly looking, with certainty, I can say I wish the Bills drafted the player Mel selected for the Bills the past 10 years then whom the Bills front office selected.

Wouldn't you?

I was going to predict a post draft quote of you whining but you preempted that already.

Ah, the heck with it. I'll still predict a post draft quote of you whining.

My whining has been fully merited 1000 times over. If the Bills make another dumb draft day decision, as they have the past 10 years, it will continue. If they do not, then I will praise them. Simple as that.

Edited by Thoner7

"Well it was crazy in that War Room…after Carolina and Denver took our top two guys…we were left with the QBs…neither of whom we really like. We didn't want to draft a corner or a wideout so we were trying to buy some time and trade out of the pick.

Problem was, no one was interested in trading up to #3 and the clock was ticking down. Ralph was screaming something about Tebow and I could barely hear myself think. Modrak had a silly grin on his face and kept saying over and over "this is not happening to me again." Brandon kept saying "Cameron Jordan, Jordan Cameron, Cameron Jordan, Jordan Cameron…imagine the possibilities…"

So we finally drafted the Cal defensive end…Cameron."

Buddy Nix on the Bills selection of USC tight end Jordan Cameron with the 3rd pick in the 2012 NFL draft