I just started and finished watching Breaking Bad

The Poojer

Funny, don't know if you caught the talk show on AMC afterwards. Vince Gilligan was a guest. They asked him about the watch thing...he said it didn't have any real meaning at the time, but was only done for continuity sake. He said the scene at the diner (where Walt plays with is birthday bacon) was filmed over a year ago, and after watching it, he realized, Walt wasn't wearing the watch in that scene. Knowing what sticklers the fans are, he had him remove it in that scene. It was only after that, the he said he came up with an "arty-farty" reason for Walt removing the watch...it was a gift from Jesse for his previous birthday, and Walt taking it off, and leaving it, signified him leaving Jesse, and anyone he ever cared about, behind.

Didn't watch, but someone had mentioned that to me. They still removed the watch in a symbolic, "this is it", kind of way.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The show ended close to how I figured it would. As much as I loved the Walt/Eisenberg character, it was evident the cancer was taking it's toll. So either way in the finale we would see his demise. No more of a fitting way. Revenge on the AB for Hanks death, and he freed Jesse. Loved the after show too, with the cast and crew. Read an article yesterday that during the episode that Mike "died", the cast and crew wore black armbands because everyone loved him and hated to see his character go.

Yeah I was bummed when he was killed. With help from JA and his lap dog I came to face up with my man crush on him. Oh well on to better things. Like game of thrones. Ever watch it?

Go Uncle Jack! Too funny, man...weird, too.

Edited by bills44

Who is the more powerful individual? Uncle Jack or Gustavo Fring? Gustavo had the cartel, Jack the AB. Jack had his own connections while Gustavo networked a lot through Mike. IMO Jack had the more ruthless connections to get the job done and done quickly. Gustavo had the money though.

Who could pull off what Uncle Jack and his crew did for Mr. White in the prisons? That was seriously impressive.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Who is the more powerful individual? Uncle Jack or Gustavo Fring? Gustavo had the cartel, Jack the AB. Jack had his own connections while Gustavo networked a lot through Mike. IMO Jack had the more ruthless connections to get the job done and done quickly. Gustavo had the money though.

Who could pull off what Uncle Jack and his crew did for Mr. White in the prisons? That was seriously impressive.

Conversely, who could pull off hiding a drug empire in plain sight the way Fring did? We already saw what happened to the Product when Todd ran the lab.

Now imagine if Gus and the AB were in business together. Gus running the "Empire", Jack and the AB running the "military" wing, Mike handles "Intel", Lydia takes care of logistics/distribution, and Walt & Jesse running the lab

Looking forward to the Saul Goodman spin-off series...rumour has it that it will explore the Gustavo Fring, Goodman relationship...that would be cool....Uncle Jack may be a bad-ass..but Gus was a great villan.

I would lean towards the AB if they hadn't put every single member in the whole complex in the same room at the same time! Talk about a true "c'mon man" moment. At least have a lookout to see if Walt has backup!

Who is the more powerful individual? Uncle Jack or Gustavo Fring?

Fring...he would never have fallen for the machine gun in the car bit. He could hang with Walt step by step, often times even outpacing him. Walt got him in the end, but it took one hell of a plan.

I would lean towards the AB if they hadn't put every single member in the whole complex in the same room at the same time! Talk about a true "c'mon man" moment. At least have a lookout to see if Walt has backup!

Actually, the lookout was the first to get mowed down.

My favorite scene was Walt seeing Skyler for the last time. And I'm glad that Walt died in a moment of relative happiness, reminiscing about how good he was at cooking the meth.

If Marie was so worried about Skyler, then why not let them move in to her nice house instead of having them live in some projects. I was hoping that Marie ended up taking some poison or going to jail for repeated shoplifting. As for Lydia, the ricin in the tea was a bit too predictable, I would rather Jessie got to take her out in front of Todd.

Some have talked about Jessie ending up taking care of Brock, but that doesn't seem feasible. Jessie is a known drug user, and by the end the DEA probably know he was involved with the meth, so they would be looking for him. Plus Brock already would have a guardian, perhaps his grandmother. More likely he hooks up with Skinny Pete and Badger, and gets enough cash to get out of state.

Edited by PastaJoe

I'm sorry if I missed someone else making this observation: did anyone else feel that Walt was beaming with pride at the end? Not just with what he had "accomplished," but also that his student had learned so well. Or maybe the pride a father has for his son? That's how I interpreted it, anyway.

Not as obvious as the use of "Crystal Blue Persuasion" last season, but a great closing song non-theless...any time Badfinger gets some recognition, the world is a little better!

"Guess I got what I deserve" Infinitely better than some cheezy POS Journey song. :thumbdown:

Breaking Bad = greatest 1 hour TV series ever. Other shows may have had some very memorable and great characters, but nothing else can come close to touching what Gilligan pulled off from beginning to end. :worthy:

I've been mulling it over for these couple of days and sporadically reading this thread.

I'm just going to say that the ending scene was SO reminiscent to the final scene of LOST, with Jack walking through the banyan trees with a wound to his lower left abdomen, toward a spot of importance for him. And a last little bit of ultimate happiness(?) that someone who was important in all of that journey was able to get away. Anyone else get that?

But, unlike LOST, I did not cry my eyes out here (it was the golden retriever lying down next to Jack as he was dying that did it for me, mainly. I had had to put my own dog down about a year previous and I just lost it seeing that). I don't know, maybe it was just me but like the rest of this series, it wasn't very emotional for me. Even with saying goodbye to Holly, I was stone-faced... much like Walt was in that scene. From the start, it's just been a rote, This is What Happens story... with some top-notch acting. Therein may be the difference b/w a hero and an anti-hero, surely. Walt got his, and I was not sad about it in the least.

But, unlike LOST, I did not cry my eyes out here (it was the golden retriever lying down next to Jack as he was dying that did it for me

I will never forget how hard that scene hit me...

I'm sorry if I missed someone else making this observation: did anyone else feel that Walt was beaming with pride at the end? Not just with what he had "accomplished," but also that his student had learned so well. Or maybe the pride a father has for his son? That's how I interpreted it, anyway.

I took it as a moment of personal nostalgia and prideful reflection on what he created, not what the AB and Jesse copied on a limited scale. Crystal blue was his invention and it made him a legend, that's what he was smiling about. Remember the first episode where he was shining the tires of his arrogant student? He vindicated that moment of humiliation in spades.