Vince Young

I know i know, questions about his character and leadership are valid. But with that being said, "Vince Young finished his Titans career with a 30-17 record (63.8%) over five years. During that span, the Titans compiled a record of 15-18 (45.5%) without Young." The guy wins football games pretty much 2 to 1. And the same team is 500 without him. I dont care what u think about him u cannot argue those stats. It is getting close to 2 decades without a winning QB here in Buffalo. Also i big reason on why Young makes sense is it gives us the flexibility to draft two top defensive prospects.

Preference for a QB starts in this order...

Newton @3

Mallet @34

or Vince Young in FA

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be fine with picking him up if he's cheap AND only after Chan and the coaches have a lot of time with him to make sure he's on the same page with them.

I still hold to the idea that it's possible that him and Fisher simply didn't connect well. I know I've had some jobs where my boss and I didn't get along, and it hurt things, and other jobs where we got along great. He's obviously skilled, so it'd be dumb to not consider it, imo. But it's also something that requires research.

Newton and Young are risks for different reasons, imo. Newton is new to the NFL, so there is the built in risk. Young, is proven in the NFL as talented, but imo, has character flaws that are more questionable than Newtons. Both are risks, but almost every rookie and free agent are, and I don't see either as being much more of a risk than normal.

I'm not opposed to Cam, but i'd rather see the Bills grab Vince and use their draft picks on Def and other parts of the team. Much safer. Vince has shown an ability to win in the NFL, and even with all of his problems, he's worth a shot. Especially if that means by taking a risk on him the Bills can invest their valuable high draft picks in less risky players.

2 Questions , Have we ever had a Black quaterback ? Secondly which is a bigger risk Newton or Vince ? We need more time of possesion period another words Draft defense cause we cant stop the run to save are lives !

Yup Jim Harris. My link

I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in Vince Young, but I highly doubt he would come to Buffalo to be a back-up QB. If anyone is assuming that VY would come in and immediately unseat Fitz as the starter...I think you're sorely mistaken. There are other teams (i.e., Oakland, Washington, Arizona) that he could go to and immediately compete for the starting job.

I know i know, questions about his character and leadership are valid. But with that being said, "Vince Young finished his Titans career with a 30-17 record (63.8%) over five years. During that span, the Titans compiled a record of 15-18 (45.5%) without Young." The guy wins football games pretty much 2 to 1. And the same team is 500 without him. I dont care what u think about him u cannot argue those stats. It is getting close to 2 decades without a winning QB here in Buffalo. Also i big reason on why Young makes sense is it gives us the flexibility to draft two top defensive prospects.

Preference for a QB starts in this order...

Newton @3

Mallet @34

or Vince Young in FA

I'd rather get Radio.

My distaste for a QB at 3 is that the pick and the money associated with makes it necessary to play him before he is ready. It also means that a team woulfd have to invest 30+ starts to see if he's gonna "get it."

Vince Young is talented, has won some in the NFL, will be much cheaper and may have learned something from his failure. He will be in a situation where he would have to be clearly better than Fitz to move him to the bench. If his head is in the right place, then I like this better than any QB this year at #3.

Bring Vince Young in to Buffalo?

What, getting the Bills to an 8-8 record isn't challenging enough? :beer:

He may have all the talent in the world, but you can't teach maturity and work ethic, two things Young lacks.

Of the 3 choices I take Vince in FA all the way. Vince is a gamer and a winner (at least in regular season). Teams wouldn't be able to stack the box and bring everyone because Vince would burn 'em. I'd be all over this.

I'm really not sure what him being black has to do with anything. :huh:

from my very limited understanding of the situation in tennessee, it wasnt VYs fault, per se.

apparently, fisher didnt want to draft him, but bud adams basically stepped in and targeted him as "his guy," (sound familiar?) and fisher resented that move, and vince young, for the remainder of his tenure with the titans.

VY denies that "suicide" story through and through, and like it or not, the stats do support VY as being a consistent winner.

i would be 10x happier signing or trading for him, and using our picks on defense, although i dont know how i would feel about some of the... other... qualities vince brings to the table. doesnt look like a good fit for east aurora, orchard park, et al. http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://i29.tinypic.com/2d262hd.jpg&imgrefurl=http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/23585642.html&usg=__08NV82RMg3p6CQLXwcf-E6QMygE=&h=375&w=500&sz=176&hl=en&start=0&sig2=9uJNCjJjdHYFjD909aBEng&zoom=1&tbnid=DeBOXrSxk-dl6M:&tbnh=163&tbnw=216&ei=htSxTaT6Nui20QHmlIW-CQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dvince%2Byoung%2Bdancing%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D685%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=147&vpy=159&dur=376&hovh=194&hovw=259&tx=169&ty=116&page=1&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0