2011 Buffalo Bills schedule

Scrappy

3 straight road games in November .... The JETS twice in Nov.

I wonder if they scheduled the Putz game after their bye week again...

SUN, OCT 23 Week 7

Bye: Buffalo, Cincinnati, New England, NY Giants, Philadelphia, San Francisco

Nope.. IIRC that will be 2 in a row after what 6 years of it?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somehow the order of the games was always more interesting when there was a chance we wouldn't suck. Our first 3game road trip in a while, oh well, it happens. Couldn't have really picked a better game for Toronto than the Skins - the less interesting of the two NFC games. 1st NE game is home for once - maybe that'll change our luck?

That could end up being the battle for Andrew Luck.

With a record 84 fumbles and 0 fumble recoveries.

"Here you have it."

"No you have it."

The only scoring is when teams run out of their own end zone for a safety.

I'm trying to be an optimist here so I went 7-9...but most likely it'll be 6-10 IMO..

Wins

Oakland (H)

Cincy (A)

Wash (at Toronto)

Dallas (A)

Tenn (H)

Miami (H)

Denver (H)

Some interesting things with my prediction would be that the Bills would actually have a 5-3 record at home (even though I'm reluctant to include Toronto as a home game!) Of my list of 7 wins, probably the toughest win would be on the road at Dallas! Not because Dallas may be slightly better than the Bills, but more so because it's a difficult venue to play in and our history isn't too good against the Cowboys! The most winnable game I have as a loss would be at home against the Jets as we often take one game against the Jets and although they are a better football club we could take the home game!

After starting the season with a dismal 2-4 record I have the Bills 5-5 in the final 10 games of the season (providing there is a 16 game season!)

If the Bills are going to make a New Year's resolution as a team for 2012 they could start by beating New England on New Years day! What a opportunity and good sign that we are headed in the right direction as a organization if we could pull that off! It may work in our favor that the Patriots may be resting their players if they have everything clinched for the playoffs by the time we play in New England.

It's nice finally to have a home game late in the Season against Miami! I'll be hoping for snow that day even though Ricky Williams has ran wild on us before in the snow! (That's if Ricky is still on the Dolphins squad, and isn't smoking some wacky tobacco and singing kumbahyah by then!)I still like my chances in that game!

The Cowgirls went 2-6 at home last year. Just out of curiosity, why do you think it is a tough venue to play in for the road team?

The NFL really wants to make sure Luck ends up in Buffalo apparently. Maybe that's why Luck stayed in school? Goodell had a couple of his goons hold a Glock 22 to Luck's knee caps telling him that he'd regret declaring unless the Bills had the #1 pick.

This thing has disaster written all over it - 7 weeks in the heart of the schedule with only ONE home game (sorry, Toronto isn't a home game). By the time Dec 4th rolls around and they are hopelessly out of it, the stadium will be empty and the vultures will be circling.

Just looking at the home schedule it seems more attractive than last season imo. The Raiders are a good home opener. Even though they finished strong they are at our level. It's winnable and it will sell out since it's the opener. Pats, Eagles and Jets will all be good draws at the Ralph. We all like getting Miami to Orchard Park in December and Denver/Tennessee are fairly interesting opponents and winnable imo.

great.

a bunch of 1:00 games.

would 1 primetime game be too much to ask?

Yes - especially since they're coming off of a 4-12 season. Do you want another bloodletting on national TV? I know they improved during the second half, but the NFL isn't stupid in this regard. Why would they schedule a 4-12 team to play an elite team? The idea is to actually get people to watch...hence the sexy matchup (on paper, at least).

PFT's take is interesting - all five teams without a primetime game (Tennessee, Buffalo, Cincy, Arizona, and Carolina) have unsettled QB situations...with apologies to Fitz.

This thing has disaster written all over it - 7 weeks in the heart of the schedule with only ONE home game (sorry, Toronto isn't a home game). By the time Dec 4th rolls around and they are hopelessly out of it, the stadium will be empty and the vultures will be circling.

No doubt - once again, the best part about going to the games in December will be the eating going on before kickoff....Hell, that's been the best part for the past decade

Edited by BuffaloBaumer

would 1 primetime game be too much to ask?

I prefer the 1:00 games actually.

But my response to your question would be,

With the way the Bills have sucked major ass the past 11 years, what would be the incentive for the NFL to put them on in prime time?

No doubt - once again, the best part about going to the games in December will be the eating going on before kickoff....Hell, that's been the best part for the past decade

Funny you mentioned this. 3 times last year I got to the stadium at 8am, tailgated & when the game was about to start I had my wife pick me up at 12:50(I live 10 minutes away from the stadium) & went home & watched the sunday nfl ticket. Best decision I made all year. Ended up eating my tickets by I did not care. Pretty sad that this is what is has come down to me as a bills fan. 10 years of watching mostly miserable football will do that to you.

Edited by Gordio

Is this an attempt by the league to say we dont care about the team because we cant sell out a December game and tehy are giving us three tries to prove otherwise? WTF?

If we are competitive and in a playoff position hunt and the games are meaningful the place will be full all three games. But if not we will be talking 65,000 at the first December game. 55,000 at the second and then Christmas eve 40,000 I kind of remember the last Christmas Eve game. COLD but I was still glad I went but so many people simply cant go do to family commitments.

Good the see we haven't lost our yearly game against the Bengals. What is this, three or four years on a row?

And Kansas City, The first year in awhile the Browns aren't on the schedule.

Home vs 4th place and @ 4th place in Either the AFC North, AFC West, or AFC South are Games 16 & 17. I think thats why we see the same characters on an annual basis.

Edited by Why So Serious?

A buddy who shall remain nameless said to me that if he were a conspiracy-minded type those 3 December home dates looks like the NFL wants to set the Bills up for a move out of town. The Bills never draw well in December especially if they are out of the playoff picture.

PTR

The Cowgirls went 2-6 at home last year. Just out of curiosity, why do you think it is a tough venue to play in for the road team?

Cowboys Stadium is too young to deserve the "tough venue" tag. My fans do well to be rabid over the Giants..Eagles..and the Redskins. I can't amagine them making enough noise to cause false starts for

the Bills offense.

Cowboys Stadium is too young to deserve the "tough venue" tag. My fans do well to be rabid over the Giants..Eagles..and the Redskins. I can't amagine them making enough noise to cause false starts for

the Bills offense.

Hey CGF…have you been to games in the "Jerruh-Dome" yet?

The place looks cavernous on TV.