Sabres/ Flyers game #2 thread

Simon

It's always the ref's fault.

No, it isn't. The Sabres haven't played well tonight, and have been taking a lot of penalties. However, it gets frustrating watching so many little pointless calls go against us for 2 games in a row now.

The Sabres dedication to defense was not so evident tonight, as it was, in game one. I am not a Miller apologist by any stretch, but this was clearly a game where he got very little help from his teammates. I would only characterize one of the goals he gave up as being "soft", or the result of poor play from him. I can't remember which one it was, but he went down a little prematurely, and the puck deflected off of Sekera, over Millers' shoulder...with his height, and his pads, I don't know why he goes down so quick sometimes. But, I really think he played alright, for the most part.

That said, I am not going to let this game curb my enthusiasm for this team...they have flaws (we knew that), but I don't think the Flopers are heads and shoulders above the Sabres...I say Buffalo wins the next two, at home. Can't wait for Monday...love to smack Laviolet and Richards around a bit...

Was a little surprised to see Gaustad go after Briere so hard, prior to his beatdown on Arnell... loved Briere as a Sabre, hurts to see him as a Floper...but watching him these first two games of the series, it is coming back to me...back in 2006, Roy and Briere were known for their diving. They both curbed it the next year, but it seems like Danny is finding his game again. They almost never make that call any more...but back then (2006, after the lockout) they were calling it quite a bit.

Flopers had an abundance of PP's in Game 2, and some calls were pretty iffy...but the Sabres got a few gifts too...

Edited by Buftex

that was about as disappointing as that game could have been. Miller did not show up, we took a ton of horrible penalties, refs called a lot of horrible penalties, and we just didn't look good tonight.

Corrected it for you. If the Sabres players don't want penalties called on them, then they shouldn't commit the offenses. Simple as that. The refs did not beat the Sabres, and the Flyers did not beat the Sabres. The Sabres beat themselves. It's not catastrophic though, it was an away game and they had already taken one there. If this season has shown us anything it's that they can and generally do bounce back quickly from a game like that. I suspect we won't see another game that bad in this series.