dating etiquette question.

The Poojer

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob's advice in this thread is gold.

Solid I have to admit. Ignore Buffalotone (no offense to him) but "being a man" is not what you should probably be going for. Granted IDK you or the girl...but finding something to do to take pressure off forced conversation...but something that can still generate conversation (unlike a movie) AND something that she will likely enjoy that involves you is really the best possible balance. Dinner is just lame. Thank God it's an option and always there but it's not what you want to run towards right out of the gate.

Edited by dayman

this is a good way to use your coupon.

"hey girl. i have your half of the bill in pennies. Can i use a coupon instead or rolling out the $6.50 in pennies?"

she's gotta prefer the coupon over the pennies. now this is spot on advice! doesnt get better than that!

this is a good way to use your coupon.

"hey girl. i have your half of the bill in pennies. Can i use a coupon instead or rolling out the $6.50 in pennies?"

she's gotta prefer the coupon over the pennies. now this is spot on advice! doesnt get better than that!

To which she responds: "take me home now." LOL. If your bill is $13 for the both of you, AND you have a coupon...IDK....

to which i reply. "damn girl, if you wanna cook that bad, you should have told me. AND i save my pennies? you're awesome."

To which she should respond: "I am awesome now let me make you a sandwich....that'll be $7.50"

Edited by dayman

• 2 weeks later...

How about cooking a dinner together? If I ever found myself back in the dating scene I would suggest that.

Saw this recipe today....

How to Make “Engagement Chicken”

First comes chicken, then comes marriage? Be skeptical if you must, but this recipe may be charmed. It all began 26 years ago, when then-Glamour fashion editor Kim Bonnell gave the recipe to her assistant, Kathy Suder, who made the chicken for her boyfriend, who, a month later, asked her to marry him. “It’s a meal your wife would make. It got me thinking,” says Jon Suder, who now has three children with Kathy. Details of the simple dish passed from assistant to assistant like a culinary chain letter. When Bonnell heard that her recipe had inspired three weddings, she dubbed it Engagement Chicken. Now it is linked to 72 marriages. Try the recipe, give it to a friend—oh, and let us know when it works!

howard sterns wife did that on the today show last week....but i am sure no one paid attention because Howard Stern hasn't been funny in forever and is irrelevant

Saw this recipe today....

How to Make “Engagement Chicken”

First comes chicken, then comes marriage? Be skeptical if you must, but this recipe may be charmed. It all began 26 years ago, when then-Glamour fashion editor Kim Bonnell gave the recipe to her assistant, Kathy Suder, who made the chicken for her boyfriend, who, a month later, asked her to marry him. “It’s a meal your wife would make. It got me thinking,” says Jon Suder, who now has three children with Kathy. Details of the simple dish passed from assistant to assistant like a culinary chain letter. When Bonnell heard that her recipe had inspired three weddings, she dubbed it Engagement Chicken. Now it is linked to 72 marriages. Try the recipe, give it to a friend—oh, and let us know when it works!