This passes as reporting nowadays?

Ramius

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/27277/mcshay-bills-prefer-gabbert-to-newton

First off, i figured this was funny since rotoworld just reported that the Bills prefer Newton, and now McSuntan says the Bills prefer Gabbert. (I guess its a fair assumption now that Gabbert isn't even on the Bills board)

But more importantly, THIS passes as reporting? tim graham reports what Todd McShay says? So now, so called "journalists" are even lazier and simply regurgitate what one of their co-workers for the same company reports? I suppose pencil-neck will have an article in an hour about how "2 sources have said the Bills would take Gabbert over Newton." :wallbash:

Edited by Ramius

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://espn.go.com/b...bbert-to-newton

First off, i figured this was funny since rotoworld just reported that the Bills prefer Newton, and now McSuntan says the Bills prefer Gabbert. (I guess its a fair assumption now that Gabbert isn't even on the Bills board)

But more importantly, THIS passes as reporting? tim graham reports what Todd McShay says? So now, so called "journalists" are even lazier and simply regurgitate what one of their co-workers for the same company reports? I suppose pencil-neck will have an article in an hour about how "2 sources have said the Bills would take Gabbert over Newton." :wallbash:

I won't believe it until someone twitters it.

I was more shocked at the projection of Von Miller to Denver at #2. Has an LB ever been the 2nd pick of the draft, especially one that is converting from DE?

Lavar Arrington was selected #2 overall in 2000. Before that Norm Snead went #2 all the way back in 1961...so, it doesn't happen often, but it has.

I completely disagree. I will be shocked if they don't take one of these 2 QBs at 3.

If they like Newton and think he's a franchise QB then they'll take him if he's there.

If they don't feel that way then they'll probably take one of the can't miss "impact" guys out of Peterson, Miller, Quinn or Green.

I get the feeling that Dareus and Fairley are out of the running due to them both being somewhat emotionally immature.

They can prefer whomever QB they want. The Bills won't draft a QB at #3.

Not so sure I agree with that...I don't think anyone on this board (short of Nevergiveup) knows what they'll do.

I was more shocked at the projection of Von Miller to Denver at #2. Has an LB ever been the 2nd pick of the draft, especially one that is converting from DE?

Lavar Arrington was selected #2 overall in 2000. Before that Norm Snead went #2 all the way back in 1961...so, it doesn't happen often, but it has.

I think the highest conversion guys were:

1994 - Jets took Marvin Jones #4 overall

1995 - NE took Willie McGinnest #4 overall

1996 - Jaguars took Kevin Hardy #2 overall

1997 - Ravens took Peter Boulware #4 overall

It's a blog...

Why would anyone even notice what is being blogged or said on ESPN? The network is largely responsible for the rate increases passed on by the cable and satellite companies. For instance, why do they need to hire over 50 NFL "analysts"?

ESPN is a joke. Has anybody noticed how they almost completely ignore coverage of the NHL? Since they don't carry NHL games now the corporation has decided to pretend the NHL doesn't exist. They will cover a hit to the head controversy, but nothing else.

Why would anyone even notice what is being blogged or said on ESPN? The network is largely responsible for the rate increases passed on by the cable and satellite companies. For instance, why do they need to hire over 50 NFL "analysts"?

ESPN is a joke. Has anybody noticed how they almost completely ignore coverage of the NHL? Since they don't carry NHL games now the corporation has decided to pretend the NHL doesn't exist. They will cover a hit to the head controversy, but nothing else.

That's cause nobody gives a s--t about hockey. Lol. ESPN is a joke though, but not because they ignore the NHL.

How can we forget our own Cornelius Bennett? Biscuit was drafted #2 overall by the Colts in the '87 draft. Bennett may not be considered as a modern day "convert" but his main job in college was getting after the QB. Miller is very similar in terms of college career and measurables. If he can drop into coverage as well as Bennett did, he'll be a great pro.

GO BILLS!!!

Not so sure I agree with that...I don't think anyone on this board (short of Nevergiveup) knows what they'll do.

I think the highest conversion guys were:

1994 - Jets took Marvin Jones #4 overall

1995 - NE took Willie McGinnest #4 overall

1996 - Jaguars took Kevin Hardy #2 overall

1997 - Ravens took Peter Boulware #4 overall

Boulware and McGinest were actually very good players, but I wonder how many Bills fans would be happy if they knew that the ceiling on Miller was their career output.

Boulware was better than McGinest, but lasted only 7 seasons total. Excellent pass rusher, but wasn't very big and not surprisingly wore down quicker. Probably the best comparison of the bunch to Miller, but Miller is not built at sturdily as Boulware was. I loved Boulware's game, but with the highest pick the organization has had in 25 years, I'd prefer a guy who I think might actually be around for 9-10 seasons.

McGinest was a disappointment for his first 7 plus years. His strong suit was playing better in the second half of his career, but he still was never the game changer he was projected to be. He had a DE frame at around 270 so he's not a good comparison to Miller.

Right now, It looks like Von Miller... It is subject to change... The drafts not until the end of April, but that's the guy the Bills are Targeting @3

http://espn.go.com/b...bbert-to-newton

This is because a) no one is held accountable for what they report, and b) no one remembers what anyone reports 60 seconds after they report it.

PTR

Anyone who still tunes into Fox news should be well aware of how poor new reporting has become.

Right now, It looks like Von Miller... It is subject to change... The drafts not until the end of April, but that's the guy the Bills are Targeting @3

No offense, but I put zero credibility to anything I read on this board unless it's coming from someone like Nevergiveup, who has an undisputedly good track record, and all I've seen from him is that he knows that Buffalo likes Miller...not that he's their target.

Otherwise, it's really easy for anyone to say that the team's target is [fill in the blank], but that it's subject to change, and not have to own up to anything.