UFL lovers...Schottenheimer is back...

Buftex

Local perspective:

http://hamptonroads.com/2011/03/ufl-source-schottenheimer-will-be-va-destroyers-coachgm

IMO, if Schottenheimer puts together a halfway decent version of Martyball and the NFL lockout drags on, this might be very helpful to the upstart league

Go Destroyers!

See ya at a game dev! :thumbsup:

More like no one wants him to coach in the NFL anymore.

At least he gets his teams to the playoffs which is a heck of alot more than we've seen here the past decade. :wallbash:

If the Bills ever did leave Buffalo I'm pretty sure the UFL would welcome us with open arms.

PTR

Does that go for JP Losman too? :pirate:

I do. I wish we had hired him instead of Coach Gailey. I can't see Marty taking a 6 win team and turning it into a 4 win team the next year.

Somebody didn't get his dose of "Chan's a genius who has done great work with Fitzpatrick and the offense" kool-aid. :D

So much for all those stories about Marty Schottehiemer not wanting to coach any more:

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/ufl/news/story?id=6243241

Living down here in Virginia I will believe it when I see it. This team is now on it's third head coach and they haven't even identified any players much less ever had a game or practice. It wouldn't surprise me if this upcoming season in the UFL doesn't even happen, it appears they owe a bunch of people (including the player's salaries from last season), millions of dollars.

I do. I wish we had hired him instead of Coach Gailey. I can't see Marty taking a 6 win team and turning it into a 4 win team the next year.

Amen! You are not in that boat alone.

More like no one wants him to coach in the NFL anymore.

He still is more proven and would probably do a much better job than quite a few coaches in the NFL right now, including our own Gan Chailey.

I do. I wish we had hired him instead of Coach Gailey.

I seem to remember stories about him not WANTING to coach the Bills ... wasn't interested in interviewing, etc. I'm afraid that says more about Mr. Wilson (or at least about his reputation in the league) that someone like MS would rather coach in the UFL than consider coaching the Bills ...

But IMHO, it worked out ok - I think CG was a good choice/good fit, and I'm optimistic that he'll get the team headed back in the right direction.

GO BILLS!

Sweet. I live south of Richmond, and my mom, who is also a big Bills fan, lives 2 miles from the Sportsplex. I'm getting season tickets. Football is football. And if it's cheap enough, it'll be a good time to get outside and enjoy some pretty good players, and darn good head coaching.

I like it.

Martyball!