Holy S***

Thoner7

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/

You'll hvae to scroll down a little to read it. It was taken from an ESPN Insider article which I dont have access too.

But holy freaking crap. I knew the Bills had the worst FO in all of football, but even I didnt think they were that bad. Jake Locker is horrible. He doesnt even warrent a draft selection at all. How can anybody watch this guy and see anything other than abismal? The Bills are absolutely on the wrong course if these rumors are true.

Von Miller at least puts up a good smokescreen, but Locker? WTF? :sick:

Yea not at #3 overall, but a 2nd round pick for certain

My take is the Bills like Locker and I can see why, the only knock on this kid was his in the pocket accuracy, which BTW Mike Mayock states can be improved by working on his footwork.

This guy has great athletic ability like Newton and doesn't carry the same baggage that "Cash" Newton carries. Locker is about the only top QB that ran a pro-style offense, but he was wildly inconsistent in his throws from the pocket, tho out of the pocket he was amazingly accurate. This kid reminds me of Jake Plummer, and with proper development he could be much better then Plummer IMHO.

Charlie Casserly stated he wouldn't even have Cam Newton on his draft board because of his shady past, I agree. Ryan Mallett is another Drew Bledsoe- Joe Flacco type a strong pocket passer with lead feet, the Bills don't have near good enough O line to even consider drafting Mallett. Not to mention all the red flags shooting off this guy. The very last thing any NFL team should want is to draft a criminal as the face of their franchise.

Personally, I like Christian Ponder more then Locker, but he would be a better fit for a team with a west coast offensive scheme

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Mayock - who is generally a pretty decent evaluator - has Locker as his number 2 QB in the whole draft - right behind Gabbert.

If you believe that, taking with the 2nd rounder looks plenty smart.

And Jake Locker sucks. Bledsoe 2.0

Uhm no, Mallet is Bledsoe 2.0. For good or ill, Locker plays absolutely nothing like Bledsoe.

Edited by BobChalmers

well when you draft in the top 5 every year what do you expect? its awfully hard to miss drafting top 5 every year!

Exactly.

who is worse? And Jake Locker sucks. Bledsoe 2.0

The two teams that draft before the Bills. The Bengals. The Raiders. Maybe Miami. And probably several teams in the NFC West.

But since the Bills' FO has been on the job for just a year, there could be many more.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/

You'll hvae to scroll down a little to read it. It was taken from an ESPN Insider article which I dont have access too.

But holy freaking crap. I knew the Bills had the worst FO in all of football, but even I didnt think they were that bad. Jake Locker is horrible. He doesnt even warrent a draft selection at all. How can anybody watch this guy and see anything other than abismal? The Bills are absolutely on the wrong course if these rumors are true.

Von Miller at least puts up a good smokescreen, but Locker? WTF? :sick:

Overreact much? Toss this rumor on the pile with the others. :doh:

PTR

Brian Brohm guys......that is all Im gonna say

I don't see any comparison. By all accounts I have seen, Locker is a leader,

a tenacious competitor and a tremendous athlete on the same level as Cam

Newton. He has a great arm and played in a pro-style offense. The admittedly

big red flag is his passing accuracy. The fact that he was surrounded by

inferior talent may be a mitigating factor. I don't know if the accuracy issue

can be fixed or not, but I don't see him as any bigger risk than Newton or any

other QB in the draft, especially if he were available in the top of the 2nd.

Brohm on the other hand isn't a leader and compiled big completion stats in

a contrived offense in the Big East. His arm and athleticsm don't compare at

all to Lockers.

Just my $.02 worth...

Locker would have been a top 10 pick last year and now all of a sudden he is awful? Heck, people here wanted us to draft him last year if he came out!

Exactly right. Late 1st round,early second. I`d take him in a heartbeat. How many on here were crying for Locker last year. They also couldn`t wait till this year to take him. I like the kid.

Bingo!!!

You're all wrong (and clearly have never actually watched a game Locker played in)

Todd McShay prior to the start of the 2009 Football season, before they actually played suggested that if Jake Locker had a good junior year he might be the #1 pick in the 2010 draft.

However Locker had a horrible Junior Year, and completely crumbled under pressure when he wasn't completely inaccurate with his throws.

At the end of Locker's junior season Locker went to the draft advisory board and they gave him a 3rd round grade. He then decided to go back for his Senior year to improve his draft stock.

Its not likely that he improved his stock.

There is no NFL team that will take Jake Locker in the first 50 picks and frankly with that 20 Wonderlic on top of a horrible college career I doubt the first 150 picks.

Its a complete myth.

Just wait until April.

Edited by Why So Serious?

You're all wrong (and clearly have never actually watched a game Locker played in)

Todd McShay prior to the start of the 2009 Football season, before they actually played suggested that if Jake Locker had a good junior year he might be the #1 pick in the 2010 draft.

However Locker had a horrible Junior Year, and completely crumbled under pressure when he wasn't completely inaccurate with his throws.

At the end of Locker's junior season Locker went to the draft advisory board and they gave him a 3rd round grade. He then decided to go back for his Senior year to improve his draft stock.

Its not likely that he improved his stock.

There is no NFL team that will take Jake Locker in the first 50 picks and frankly with that 20 Wonderlic on top of a horrible college career I doubt the first 150 picks.

Its a complete myth.

Just wait until April.

Just because he easily could have been a top ten pick last year does not mean I agree. He'd have gone in the first round, for sure. I am not wrong. He would have been, McShay, Kiper, draft experts have said this.. Your responses are so often so personal. It is your opinion that those "experts" are wrong.

Just because he easily could have been a top ten pick last year does not mean I agree. He'd have gone in the first round, for sure. I am not wrong. He would have been, McShay, Kiper, draft experts have said this.. Your responses are so often so personal. It is your opinion that those "experts" are wrong.

No its not my opinion.

It is fact.

Locker went to the Draft Advisory Board and didn't get a first round grade.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/18/locker-didnt-get-a-first-round-grade-from-advisory-committee/

Despite a proclamation by ESPN’s Todd McShay that Locker would/should/could be the first overall pick, a league source tells us that Locker didn’t receive a first-round grade from the Advisory Committee.

My posts are sometimes personal to you, because you tend to be a purveyor of cluelessness as is the case with this statement:

"Locker would have been a top 10 pick last year and now all of a sudden he is awful?"

No suddeness to the awfulness. He was consistently awful.

Its just a pet peeve when nonsense is recycled and regurgitated.

I don't see any comparison. By all accounts I have seen, Locker is a leader,

a tenacious competitor and a tremendous athlete on the same level as Cam

Newton. He has a great arm and played in a pro-style offense. The admittedly

big red flag is his passing accuracy. The fact that he was surrounded by

inferior talent may be a mitigating factor. I don't know if the accuracy issue

can be fixed or not, but I don't see him as any bigger risk than Newton or any

other QB in the draft, especially if he were available in the top of the 2nd.

Brohm on the other hand isn't a leader and compiled big completion stats in

a contrived offense in the Big East. His arm and athleticsm don't compare at

all to Lockers.

Just my $.02 worth...

If Locker is a big leader, where did he lead his team? Just curious what is his win-loss record as a starter? Not really sure that being a competitor is big differentiator, its a pretty much a pre-requisite to being an NFL player.

Why is the talent surrounding him inferior, but his talent is not inferior?

Yea not at #3 overall, but a 2nd round pick for certain

My take is the Bills like Locker and I can see why, the only knock on this kid was his in the pocket accuracy, which BTW Mike Mayock states can be improved by working on his footwork.

This guy has great athletic ability like Newton and doesn't carry the same baggage that "Cash" Newton carries. Locker is about the only top QB that ran a pro-style offense, but he was wildly inconsistent in his throws from the pocket, tho out of the pocket he was amazingly accurate. This kid reminds me of Jake Plummer, and with proper development he could be much better then Plummer IMHO.

Charlie Casserly stated he wouldn't even have Cam Newton on his draft board because of his shady past, I agree. Ryan Mallett is another Drew Bledsoe- Joe Flacco type a strong pocket passer with lead feet, the Bills don't have near good enough O line to even consider drafting Mallett. Not to mention all the red flags shooting off this guy. The very last thing any NFL team should want is to draft a criminal as the face of their franchise.

Personally, I like Christian Ponder more then Locker, but he would be a better fit for a team with a west coast offensive scheme

There are a couple more knocks other than Accuracy. Crumblling under pressure, inability to win games, a 20 Wonderlic to start but the list of "positives" is tiny compared to "negatives". Yes Locker can run real fast, maybe a team can convert Locker to a TE.

Charlie Casserly is the FORMER GM, that drafted Heath Shuler #5 and David Carr #1 not really putting too much weight behind his opinion when it comes to drafting QBs.

Edited by Why So Serious?

No its not my opinion.

It is fact.

Locker went to the Draft Advisory Board and didn't get a first round grade.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/18/locker-didnt-get-a-first-round-grade-from-advisory-committee/

Despite a proclamation by ESPN’s Todd McShay that Locker would/should/could be the first overall pick, a league source tells us that Locker didn’t receive a first-round grade from the Advisory Committee.

My posts are sometimes personal to you, because you tend to be a purveyor of cluelessness as is the case with this statement:

"Locker would have been a top 10 pick last year and now all of a sudden he is awful?"

No suddeness to the awfulness. He was consistently awful.

Its just a pet peeve when nonsense is recycled and regurgitated.

If Locker is a big leader, where did he lead his team? Just curious what is his win-loss record as a starter? Not really sure that being a competitor is big differentiator, its a pretty much a pre-requisite to being an NFL player.

Why is the talent surrounding him inferior, but his talent is not inferior?

There are a couple more knocks other than Accuracy. Crumblling under pressure, inability to win games, a 20 Wonderlic to start but the list of "positives" is tiny compared to "negatives". Yes Locker can run real fast, maybe a team can convert Locker to a TE.

Charlie Casserly is the FORMER GM, that drafted Heath Shuler #5 and David Carr #1 not really putting too much weight behind his opinion when it comes to drafting QBs.

Well then... It's settled... You should be in our FO making the decisions...

:worthy:

Thats Why So Serious - you are a voice of reason. These other guys clearly just

blabor about what they heard on ESPN. If you watched any Locker games, or the Senior Bowl, he was horrible in every outing. The only way you could believe he was a top 10 pick last year if if you never saw him play and just go off of what Todd McShay said and not wha the NFL scouts and his play were telling you. Locker will get drafted 3-4 rounds too high on name alone. He should write a big check to Tan McShay when he does too.

Despite a proclamation by ESPNs Todd McShay that Locker would/should/could be the first overall pick, a league source tells us that Locker didnt receive a first-round grade from the Advisory Committee.

The source concedes that Locker might have still be drafted in round one given the value of the position, but the source insists that McShay was flat wrong in his assessment of Locker.

Thats the problem, the source opined. McShay is clueless. Up until three weeks before the 2008 draft, he said that [Kentucky's] Andre Woodson would be a first-round pick. He went in the sixth and is out of the league.

And the source explained that these opinions come not from the same-old rant by NFL scouts that guys like McShay and Mel Kiper have the luxury of popping off with no accountability as long as it all sounds good (the same-old rant has a significant amount of accuracy, by the way), but from concerns that guys like McShay do kids a disservice by pumping up their expectations.

The problem I have with people like McShay saying stupid things is parents and others who advise these kids think McShay knows what he is talking about, the source said. And they believe him before they believe the Advisory Committee. Then, when the kids go a lot lower than projected they are pissed and/or depressed. . . . This stuff happens every year and we have to deal with the broken hearts because people who dont know what they are talking about put visions of grandeur into young players heads.

Clearly a lot of TBD readers do too.

Well, if Adam Schefter is reporting it then it's definitely true!

How many times has this guy been wrong on anything Bills related? He's fallen off ever since joining the ESPN crew, dude doesn't have a clue what Nix & Co will do.

Was Schefter predicting Spiller last year, highly doubt it.

Talk about chicken little, speculation does not equal fact.

Schefter was the first one to report that Buffalo liked Spiller if my memory serves me correctly. It was only after his report that Charles Davis and others put Spiller to Buffalo in their mocks.

Thats why I am so worked up about it. The Bills last season telgraphed their pick. I dont believe they are trying to hide anything.

well when you draft in the top 5 every year what do you expect? its awfully hard to miss drafting top 5 every year!

Dude the Bills have been in the top 10 the past 10 years and have ZERO players to show for it. Its awfully hard to miss on the top 10 every year but Buffalo manages to do it.

And if you think they cant mess up a top 5 pick, just wait till April.

Edited by Thoner7

Says the guy who loves "Cash"Newton....

Casserly was also smart enough to draft Mario Williams over Reggie Bush and Vince Young, plus he drafted Andre Johnson-Jerome Mathis-DeMeco Ryans-Owen Daniels while at Houston. The guy has THREE super bowl rings from the time he was with the Washington Redskins as an assistant GM and GM. I'll trust his judgment on knowing the difference between a quality character player and a PoS.

BTW, just FYI, Hall of Fame QB Dan Marino scored a 16 on his wonderlic test.

Mike Mayock also has Jake Locker ahead of Newton and his #2 QB overall in this years draft. He states Locker has top ten ability but has holes in his game, poor pocket awareness and accuracy within the pocket.... LIKE MOST OF US ALREADY STATED!

This point of this thread is moot anyway, Locker won't get past Seattle in the first round.

I watched 3-4 of Locker's games this year and the 2 biggest things that stuck out to me were:

1.) He is really tough. He took a beating and kept getting up.

2.) his receivers were absolutely aweful. In one game, the one kid dropped the ball on 3 consecutive passes thrown to him.

I'd be fine with Locker in rd2. He reminds me of a younger Fitz with more potential.

Thats Why So Serious - you are a voice of reason. These other guys clearly just

blabor about what they heard on ESPN. If you watched any Locker games, or the Senior Bowl, he was horrible in every outing. The only way you could believe he was a top 10 pick last year if if you never saw him play and just go off of what Todd McShay said and not wha the NFL scouts and his play were telling you. Locker will get drafted 3-4 rounds too high on name alone. He should write a big check to Tan McShay when he does too.

The source concedes that Locker might have still be drafted in round one given the value of the position, but the source insists that McShay was flat wrong in his assessment of Locker.

“That’s the problem,” the source opined. “McShay is clueless. Up until three weeks before the 2008 draft, he said that [Kentucky's] Andre Woodson would be a first-round pick. He went in the sixth and is out of the league.”

And the source explained that these opinions come not from the same-old rant by NFL scouts that guys like McShay and Mel Kiper have the luxury of popping off with no accountability as long as it all sounds good (the same-old rant has a significant amount of accuracy, by the way), but from concerns that guys like McShay do kids a disservice by pumping up their expectations.

“The problem I have with people like McShay saying stupid things is parents and others who ‘advise’ these kids think McShay knows what he is talking about,” the source said. “And they believe him before they believe the Advisory Committee. Then, when the kids go a lot lower than projected they are pissed and/or depressed. . . . This stuff happens every year and we have to deal with the broken hearts because people who don’t know what they are talking about put visions of grandeur into young players’ heads.”

Clearly a lot of TBD readers do too.

Schefter was the first one to report that Buffalo liked Spiller if my memory serves me correctly. It was only after his report that Charles Davis and others put Spiller to Buffalo in their mocks.

Thats why I am so worked up about it. The Bills last season telgraphed their pick. I dont believe they are trying to hide anything.

Dude the Bills have been in the top 10 the past 10 years and have ZERO players to show for it. Its awfully hard to miss on the top 10 every year but Buffalo manages to do it.

And if you think they cant mess up a top 5 pick, just wait till April.

Then it's settled. It's clearly obvious that you don't agree with anything the REAL experts have to say or thier opinions and that's perfectly fine with probably most here or anyone for that matter. My question is.... With so much lack of faith and assumptions that the Bills FO will screw up such a high draft pick as they have in the past 10 years... Why are you even following the team and why do you care? It's obvious that you have no faith in them, why don't you just delete your account here an join a Patriots message board?