Will you watch the CFL or UFL?

major

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I checked and the NFL network did air CFL games last season. Irony will kick in if the CFL has games on the NFL network this season while the NFL is on hiatus.

I do hope the NCAA will pursue having some of their marquee matchups on Sundays and a game on Monday night if the NFL doesn't resume in the fall. NO NFL would be huge for college football.

In light of the millionaires and billionaires being unable to come to agreement on how to split up over 8 billion dollars in revenues, I propose a boycott of NFL games for the upcoming season. Once the agreement is reached, don't buy any tickets, don't go to any games and don't watch the ones on TV. That is the only power we as fans have. Let both owners and players know that it is we the fans that are making them both rich, while we struggle to pay our own bills. I would be willing to sacrifice an entire season of football to send a powerful economic message to both groups. If they lose millions next year, both parties will think twice about ever putting us through this again. Thoughts?

putting us through this? how are they putting us through anything? it's not our paycheck that is potentially going to be lost. not our healthcare. the only thing happening to us is that we have to turn the channel or find something else to do on Sundays if nothing is worked out. as much as i love football, i think i can deal with that.

putting us through this? how are they putting us through anything? it's not our paycheck that is potentially going to be lost. not our healthcare. the only thing happening to us is that we have to turn the channel or find something else to do on Sundays if nothing is worked out. as much as i love football, i think i can deal with that.

I don't get this neither. If there is a regular season in 2011, we are supposed to protest the existence of football as usual--because months earlier there was a possibility that there would be no football??

Hey, great idea! While we're at it, why don't we file a class action suit for "pain and suffering at the mere thought of no football." We'll demand the owners show us the books--so we can determine how much they owe us.

To Minneapolis!!

You're missing my point. The point is, we pay the bills and both the players and owners do not appreciate that fact. By "putting us through this" I mean making us miss something that we pay for. And excuse me if I don't cry over millionaires missing a few pay checks. And they make plenty of money to pay for whatever health care benefits they may choose. I on the other hand do not. Let them go work a real job for awhile. And I don't mind finding something else to do with my time on Sundays either. I was suggesting that even if there is football, not to watch.

You mean protest because there is no free agency yet?

no thanks.

No,I mean when there is football, just don't watch or go to the games, which is what I actually said in my post. Let the players and the owners know that we do not approve of their actions. Obviously the concept is way to much for the people on this board to comprehend.

You're missing my point. The point is, we pay the bills and both the players and owners do not appreciate that fact. By "putting us through this" I mean making us miss something that we pay for. And excuse me if I don't cry over millionaires missing a few pay checks. And they make plenty of money to pay for whatever health care benefits they may choose. I on the other hand do not. Let them go work a real job for awhile. And I don't mind finding something else to do with my time on Sundays either. I was suggesting that even if there is football, not to watch.

Heidi is a good alternative to NFL football.

I don't get this neither. If there is a regular season in 2011, we are supposed to protest the existence of football as usual--because months earlier there was a possibility that there would be no football??

Hey, great idea! While we're at it, why don't we file a class action suit for "pain and suffering at the mere thought of no football." We'll demand the owners show us the books--so we can determine how much they owe us.

To Minneapolis!!

Again, you miss my point. I am suggesting that we as fans let both the players and owners know that we do not approve of their actions. If you want to continue to pay the bills for millionaires and billionaires who do not appreciate you. I guess it is just too much for the people on this board to grasp. Excuse me for suggestion that we band together and flex the only power that we have.

Heidi is a good alternative to NFL football.

The way they play the game now, Heidi would've been All Pro.

Again, you miss my point. I am suggesting that we as fans let both the players and owners know that we do not approve of their actions. If you want to continue to pay the bills for millionaires and billionaires who do not appreciate you. I guess it is just too much for the people on this board to grasp. Excuse me for suggestion that we band together and flex the only power that we have.

The way they play the game now, Heidi would've been All Pro.

Then only players and owner of real interest here are the Bills. Their owner has recently (and very belatedly) taken credit for at least a decade of gross mismanagement while pocketing hundreds of millions of "your" money--and he has told you another 2 to 3 years of the same will likely follow before this is a playoff team. You've had plenty of time to conduct your protest of an organization that does not aprreciate you. Why start now?

I like football. Despite all the drama currently unfolding, if there is season in 2011, I'm watching. It's entertainment--I don't care how the sausage gets made.

It is our paycheck. Where do you think they get their money from?

Edited by Rockinon

Then only players and owner of real interest here are the Bills. Their owner has recently (and very belatedly) taken credit for at least a decade of gross mismanagement while pocketing hundreds of millions of "your" money--and he has told you another 2 to 3 years of the same will likely follow before this is a playoff team. You've had plenty of time to conduct your protest of an organization that does not aprreciate you. Why start now?

I like football. Despite all the drama currently unfolding, if there is season in 2011, I'm watching. It's entertainment--I don't care how the sausage gets made.

Then go ahead and pay them. That is why they don't care. I for one won't be watching. And I do watch other teams besides the Bills. Did you watch the playoffs or Super Bowl last year? Then you padded the coffers of both players and owners. The only power we as fans have is to hit them in the pocket book. Judging by the responses on this board, the players and owners are right. Fans are too stupid to know that we pay the bills and we are the ones with the economic power.

Then go ahead and pay them. That is why they don't care. I for one won't be watching. And I do watch other teams besides the Bills. Did you watch the playoffs or Super Bowl last year? Then you padded the coffers of both players and owners. The only power we as fans have is to hit them in the pocket book. Judging by the responses on this board, the players and owners are right. Fans are too stupid to know that we pay the bills and we are the ones with the economic power.

Yes, I watched every playoff game--on TV. Since I already have cable so the kids can watch cartoons (and already buy beer and own a pickup) I didn't have to "open my wallet"--it cost me nothing.

And you should get over yourself a bit--just because people don't think your idea makes a lick of sense doesn't mean they "too stupid" to "grasp" it.

I get the sentiment, I'm just not sure a boycott after the dispute is resolved is the best way to send the message. I sent Ralph my message last year by not buying tickets. Perhaps now is the time for action. How about writing the NFL and players union and expressing your frustrations. I do have a hard time finding sympathy for someone who may "lose" a paycheck, when any NFL player, even at minimum makes 8x my salary. Both the owners and the players fail to appreciate the sacrifices average Americans make to provide their salaries.

In light of the millionaires and billionaires being unable to come to agreement on how to split up over 8 billion dollars in revenues, I propose a boycott of NFL games for the upcoming season. Once the agreement is reached, don't buy any tickets, don't go to any games and don't watch the ones on TV. That is the only power we as fans have. Let both owners and players know that it is we the fans that are making them both rich, while we struggle to pay our own bills. I would be willing to sacrifice an entire season of football to send a powerful economic message to both groups. If they lose millions next year, both parties will think twice about ever putting us through this again. Thoughts?

as it turns out, a huge percentage of the people in the stands own season tix on a national level. those tickets are bought and paid for in most markets. with the intro of a psl, long term contracts, or even simple seniority, the only loser in a boycott is again, the fan.

truly you should be mad at the media at this point. the coverage is getting a little much. i dont need daily and hourly updates over who forgot to say bless you when drew brees sneezed at negotiations, and whether he shook an owners hand without washing his first.

the only fan impact the NFL or NFLPA has doled out to date is free agency being about 2 weeks late. otherwise, you have seen no consequence or effect yet, beyond the media reports you are choosing to follow. try again if games get lost in all this.

Yes, I watched every playoff game--on TV. Since I already have cable so the kids can watch cartoons (and already buy beer and own a pickup) I didn't have to "open my wallet"--it cost me nothing.

And you should get over yourself a bit--just because people don't think your idea makes a lick of sense doesn't mean they "too stupid" to "grasp" it.

Again, you obviously are too stupid. A portion of your cable bill goes to the NFL, both players and owners. By not watching, ratings go down, which costs the network millions in advertising revenues. If the networks aren't making money, then they can't pay the NFL big money for the TV contract. If the league doesn't have the money, then they can't pay the players. You do have the power to hurt both the league and the players financially and the very fact that I have to explain it to you means that both you and the others are too stupid to understand the financial power that you possess. It has nothing to do with disagreeing with my opinion. That is your right and I spent 23 years defending it. If fans do not let players and owners know that we sign the checks, then they will always take us for granted and treat us like dirt. I can not believe the ignorance that people on this board display every single day. It makes me laugh. And yes I do value my own opinion, just as I value yours if it has any logic to it. Yours didn't and neither did any of the others. Mine on the other hand is well founded and makes good financial sense.