Robert Quinn

I've been looking alot into Robert Quinn, and have taken a liking to him. The suspension is the only obvious flag that I see. I like his size, I like that he's not a one year wonder. Sounds like he has the strength for the inside move, and his outside speed/technique could make him a great pass rusher. His work ethic is superb being a 3x state wrestling champion in high school (something not duplicated in the state in any weight class). The work ethic and personal drive are big upsides, not to mention he understands leverage very well. He was compared to Robert Mathis, saying he has the rare ability to actually accelerate on the outside move while dipping inside shoulder while engaged in block. The biggest if for me though, is do you guys think he is a fit for the 3-4? Curious about everyones thoughts on him.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a HUGE advocate for the Bills to select him with their first pick at the #3 slot. I like Peterson but I feel that we have more than adequate help in our secondary and we desperately need a playmaker on our DL. Although LB is another big need it's too early to take one at the #3 spot.

I'm a HUGE advocate for the Bills to select him with their first pick at the #3 slot. I like Peterson but I feel that we have more than adequate help in our secondary and we desperately need a playmaker on our DL. Although LB is another big need it's too early to take one at the #3 spot.

I would think that he would be OLB in a 3-4, it does seem like #3 might be early i agree. Most likely scenario of taking him would probably involve a trade down.

I've been looking alot into Robert Quinn, and have taken a liking to him. The suspension is the only obvious flag that I see. I like his size, I like that he's not a one year wonder. Sounds like he has the strength for the inside move, and his outside speed/technique could make him a great pass rusher. His work ethic is superb being a 3x state wrestling champion in high school (something not duplicated in the state in any weight class). The work ethic and personal drive are big upsides, not to mention he understands leverage very well. He was compared to Robert Mathis, saying he has the rare ability to actually accelerate on the outside move while dipping inside shoulder while engaged in block. The biggest if for me though, is do you guys think he is a fit for the 3-4? Curious about everyones thoughts on him.

Robert Quinn is the definition of a one-year wonder. His only good performance was in 2009. Also, another big flag is that he stockpiled sacks in games against weaker opposition. Too many red flags for me.

I would think that he would be OLB in a 3-4, it does seem like #3 might be early i agree. Most likely scenario of taking him would probably involve a trade down.

I owe an apology, I meant to say a ILB is too early to take at the #3 spot. I'm doing this all from an IPhone these last several days and it's a real pain in the ass. The cable guy is here right now and hopefully I'll have my old dinosaur of a PC up and running today so I can actually see a real screen. This squinting is for the birds, especially at my age! Lol!

I am also big on Quinn. In fact, I'd take him over Dareus. Dareus just seems too sluggish and poorly conditioned and Quinn seems to have a much better work ethic. The suspension doesn't bother me that much since it wasn't for criminal behavior or performance enhancers or anything like that.

I owe an apology, I meant to say a ILB is too early to take at the #3 spot. I'm doing this all from an IPhone these last several days and it's a real pain in the ass. The cable guy is here right now and hopefully I'll have my old dinosaur of a PC up and running today so I can actually see a real screen. This squinting is for the birds, especially at my age! Lol!

He's a pass rusher. No way he's an ilb

He's te definition of a one year wonder, and it was 2 years ago. He's work ethic, IMO, is still to be determined. Wrestling champ or not, he had an entire year to train for one event, the combine, and he didn't fare as good as most would've thought. He supposedly ran a 4.37.... And then he ran a 4.7 at the combine. His reps weren't anything to be amazed about either. He had one more rep than the midget that is Von miller. His ability to dip as he rushes the passer IS something to be excited about.

He's a pass rusher. No way he's an ilb

He's te definition of a one year wonder, and it was 2 years ago. He's work ethic, IMO, is still to be determined. Wrestling champ or not, he had an entire year to train for one event, the combine, and he didn't fare as good as most would've thought. He supposedly ran a 4.37.... And then he ran a 4.7 at the combine. His reps weren't anything to be amazed about either. He had one more rep than the midget that is Von miller. His ability to dip as he rushes the passer IS something to be excited about.

Is that more of an indictment on Von Miller's strength or Quinn's weakness?

BTW...I don't want either. When you pick in the top 3 , you cannot afford to miss , especially when your the Buffalo Bills who have been rebuilding for more than a decade. Dareus or Peterson should be the Bills only options.

Doesn';t Quinn have an inoperable brain tumor they have been monitoring for a few years after draining it?

They removed most of it, not all of it due to being to close to his brain. He has a CAT scan every 6 months without incident. He also claims that he doesn't have anymore headaches.

I wanted to like Quinn but he left me wanting more with his combine performance. I know it's not the be-all to end-all but when you're out for a year I would think that the combine was his SB. He had all that time to prepare for the main event in his life to that point and he seemed fall a bit flat. He didn't stink it up but he seemed to lack the explosiveness I thought he had. Maybe he was just having an off day. I hope the kid brings more to his pro day.

GO BILLS!!!

Yeah for OLB no way he plays 34 end and no way in the world he plays inside on any defense. Kid is a stud for sure and would look great in a Bills uniform.

Again, combine "track" numbers are meaningless. Watch Quinn play, he plays with speed and athleticism, BUT he also has power to run inside moves and fight off blockers. He also shows intelligence in playing against screens and reading the run. IMO he is heads over heels better than VM. Yeah he was suspend last year for violation of NCAA's ridiculous rules. Not injury, not drugs, not for killing someone.

If we take an OLB at 3, he is the only option for me. Having said that, the Bills desperately need size and talent up front, or any OLB is going to struggle on this team...Dareus is looking good.

I wanted to like Quinn but he left me wanting more with his combine performance. I know it's not the be-all to end-all but when you're out for a year I would think that the combine was his SB. He had all that time to prepare for the main event in his life to that point and he seemed fall a bit flat. He didn't stink it up but he seemed to lack the explosiveness I thought he had. Maybe he was just having an off day. I hope the kid brings more to his pro day.

GO BILLS!!!

^^

GO BILLS!!!

I'd agree with all of this- I'm curious to see his proday, visits etc... It's hard cause its just one day. Could be telling, or nothing. I tend to lean towards his UNC time to be trumped a little for preseason polls but he's still faster than 4.7 I think.

I also believe his 3 championships, and his recovery from the tumor year off point towards him being no slouch as far as work ethic.

All that said, who knows....

He's not? You sure about this?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=381512 :wallbash:

Edited by DreReed83

I believe that Robert Quinn is at the top of the Bills board. I've stated in a previous post that with inside information from Butch Davis, the Bills will be targeting Quinn in the first, Marvin Austin (also from NC)in the second rd and a QB in the third. The Bills have mentioned that they will play a hybrid defense and Quinn is the player in the draft that is able to possibly play both DE and OLB. Lindy's and the Sporting News both has him listed as a Shawne Merriman type player.