Robert Quinn

Would that be an example of strategy or tactics?

GO BILLS!!!

Well, I'm a fan of both and wouldn't mind if the Bills selected either one of them. For different reasons. I just don't get how liking both is mutually exclusive.

GO BILLS!!!

BINGO

I cant like both players? Why not....they are both gonna be good pros.

JMO

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somehow this has become a Quinn v Miller debate. How people cannot see the innate differences in these twos ability is simply something I will never comprehend.

It's only a Quinn v Miller debate to those who think that by extolling the virtues of one you are denigrating the skills of the other. They are completely different players. Each with his own potential to either be realized at the next level or not. Time will tell. In the meantime there's a lot to like about both kids.

GO BILLS!!!

I love both Miller and Quinn and think they'll both be great players.

I think Miller will be a great pass rusher and outstanding coverage linebacker whereas I view Quinn as a great pass rusher who won't be asked to drop into coverage very often.

I also believe that Miller is the slightly safer pick but that both players have enormous upsides.

I'd be happy with either.

I have a feeling that if the right impact blue chip player is there around pick 6 on back, they'll move up this year...

http://www.nesn.com/2011/04/robert-quinn-worthy-of-major-draft-day-trade-for-patriots.html

This isn't the first time I read a Pats blog about them moving up for Quinn...hmmmmm

i just hope that the Bills don't try to get cute and move back thinking he'll still be there. Because the Pats have a ton of chips to cash in (if they want to) and get cornerstone player for them. The two guys I could see them doing that for is Quinn and Peterson. I do not want to move back in this draft

If anyone is not convinced about Robert Quinn go to NFL.com and watch his pro day video. Mike Mayock raves about him and compares him to Demarcus Ware. What Bills fan wouldn't want Demarcus Ware on the team? Also pay close attention to video, you will see a couple of Bills scouts in attendance. Don't underestimate the Butch Davis, Dave Wannstadt connection. Once more, Quinn is the only Top 10 player to have yet to be scheduled to visit OBD and if my memory serves me correctly last year Spiller wasn't invited either.

Linky thingy.

Quinn > Miller, IMHO.

Good Robert Quinn interview...

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Robert-Quinn-I-feel-that-my-speed-off-the-edge-is-unmatched.html

I now think there are three obvious "elite" talents in this draft...Peterson, Green and Quinn. Being out of football for a year and having an outstanding pro day like that tells to me that he's going to be a real special player.

I am also big on Quinn. In fact, I'd take him over Dareus. Dareus just seems too sluggish and poorly conditioned and Quinn seems to have a much better work ethic. The suspension doesn't bother me that much since it wasn't for criminal behavior or performance enhancers or anything like that.

WTF? :unsure:

If we can take Quinn at 3 and someone like Marvin Austin in the 2nd (if he's still there), I'd like that.

WTF? :unsure:

If we can take Quinn at 3 and someone like Marvin Austin in the 2nd (if he's still there), I'd like that.

So, when in dire need of an impact rookie class to improve your football team, your plan is to take not one, but two one year wonders, both of whom have off-field question marks, both of whom haven't played football since January of 2010? And you plan to do it in a lockout year, when they possibly won't even have the opportunity to practice with their NFL clubs until August?

No offense, but yikes.

So, when in dire need of an impact rookie class to improve your football team, your plan is to take not one, but two one year wonders, both of whom have off-field question marks, both of whom haven't played football since January of 2010? And you plan to do it in a lockout year, when they possibly won't even have the opportunity to practice with their NFL clubs until August?

No offense, but yikes.

When they're in THAT kind of shape after a year off? Yes, sign me up and get ready for the Brady beat down!

When they're in THAT kind of shape after a year off? Yes, sign me up and get ready for the Brady beat down!

I know they're good athletes, but if you haven't played in a year you BETTER be in that kind of shape. What else do you have to do with your time? It's not like these guys were dedicated to finishing school or anything, they're majoring in football (and there's nothing wrong with that I might add).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-Quinn or anti-Austin at all, but in my opinion their workout numbers should be off-the-charts better than other players. After all, the other draft eligibles are coming off of 5 solid months of full-contact football, and then they have to jump into 2 months of hardcore training to get in even better shape for workouts. Guys that haven't taken a hit in over a year should have the competitive edge, know what I mean?

That also brings up a good point about Quinn in particular, which is that I would've liked to see him a bit stronger for a 265 lb guy. His 22 bench press reps are a bit low for a guy that size. By contrast, guys like Ryan Kerrigan (267 lbs) and Brooks Reed (263 lbs) put up 31 reps and 30 reps, respectively. Not a deal-breaker per se, but something that should be considered nevertheless.

I know they're good athletes, but if you haven't played in a year you BETTER be in that kind of shape. What else do you have to do with your time? It's not like these guys were dedicated to finishing school or anything, they're majoring in football (and there's nothing wrong with that I might add).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-Quinn or anti-Austin at all, but in my opinion their workout numbers should be off-the-charts better than other players. After all, the other draft eligibles are coming off of 5 solid months of full-contact football, and then they have to jump into 2 months of hardcore training to get in even better shape for workouts. Guys that haven't taken a hit in over a year should have the competitive edge, know what I mean?

That also brings up a good point about Quinn in particular, which is that I would've liked to see him a bit stronger for a 265 lb guy. His 22 bench press reps are a bit low for a guy that size. By contrast, guys like Ryan Kerrigan (267 lbs) and Brooks Reed (263 lbs) put up 31 reps and 30 reps, respectively. Not a deal-breaker per se, but something that should be considered nevertheless.

Benching means almost nothing compared to your play on the field. A bit low? Who cares if he doesn't have a 8 or 9 extra bench reps, for that reason you aren't going to draft him? Come on now.

Can those guys bend and twist like Gumby? That's what's more important.

Benching means almost nothing compared to your play on the field. A bit low? Who cares if he doesn't have a 8 or 9 extra bench reps, for that reason you aren't going to draft him? Come on now.

Can those guys bend and twist like Gumby? That's what's more important.

In the future, please read my post before commenting:

His 22 bench press reps are a bit low for a guy that size. By contrast, guys like Ryan Kerrigan (267 lbs) and Brooks Reed (263 lbs) put up 31 reps and 30 reps, respectively. Not a deal-breaker per se, but something that should be considered nevertheless.

And yes, bench press reps do mean something. They tell you how hard a guy has been hitting the gym when he's away from the team setting. For a guy that's been away from a team setting for 14 months, that number is pretty low...

Edited by thebandit27

This whole debate has me intrigued. Have any of you seriously considered the risk of drafting a player with a brain tumor at #3? I know that he's been cleared and the tumor is benign, thank goodness. But really folks, take a look at guys like Percy Harvin who miss games because of migraines. Not to mention the thread here that talks about the reality of head injuries in the NFL.

Yes, Robert Quinn is the real deal, IMO. However for the bills, it may be a risk that is not in the best interest of the teams chances of success in this draft. When you're down as low as the Bills are right now, it is absolutely imperative that we hit on our top picks, as most of you unquestionably realize. I am like many others that question our drafting history, but in this case I can hardly question if the Bills pass on Quinn.

He may turn out to be the next Bruce Smith, but if I were Buddy Nix it wouldn't be for the Buffalo Bills.

His 22 bench press reps are a bit low for a guy that size. By contrast, guys like Ryan Kerrigan (267 lbs) and Brooks Reed (263 lbs) put up 31 reps and 30 reps, respectively. Not a deal-breaker per se, but something that should be considered nevertheless.

And yes, bench press reps do mean something. They tell you how hard a guy has been hitting the gym when he's away from the team setting. For a guy that's been away from a team setting for 14 months, that number is pretty low...

I merely asked you the question. You were the one that brought it up as an issue with the guy...LOL

Two words...Leif Larson.

This whole debate has me intrigued. Have any of you seriously considered the risk of drafting a player with a brain tumor at #3? I know that he's been cleared and the tumor is benign, thank goodness. But really folks, take a look at guys like Percy Harvin who miss games because of migraines. Not to mention the thread here that talks about the reality of head injuries in the NFL.

Yes, Robert Quinn is the real deal, IMO. However for the bills, it may be a risk that is not in the best interest of the teams chances of success in this draft. When you're down as low as the Bills are right now, it is absolutely imperative that we hit on our top picks, as most of you unquestionably realize. I am like many others that question our drafting history, but in this case I can hardly question if the Bills pass on Quinn.

He may turn out to be the next Bruce Smith, but if I were Buddy Nix it wouldn't be for the Buffalo Bills.

I think the only answer to that is what's the reoccurrence rate of brain tumors. If it's anything above 10%, well you'd have a serious point regarding the decision to take him.

Otherwise, I'd have no issue with it. I think him having gone through that has probably made him a much more mature and dedicated person, knowing that life is so precious and that you should live it full tilt.

Edited by 1billsfan

To add to what Bandit has said, I also like Quinn a great deal and think he'll be an outstanding football player.

I was however, a bit disappointed in his combine performance. As has been pointed out, he had a year to prepare for the combine and yet his performance in the agility and strength drills was considerably below what experts had expected of him.

I don't doubt his natural talent at all but his disappointing combine does raise the question of how hard he trained and what kind of advisement he received during the many long months leading up to this very important event.

BTW, is it just me or if you or I were preparing for the combine, wouldn't you practice every drill exactly as they are laid out until you had achieved total mastery of them? I'm always surprised when players stumble and bumble through these drills.

They are, after all, the same drills year after year after year.

To add to what Bandit has said, I also like Quinn a great deal and think he'll be an outstanding football player.

I was however, a bit disappointed in his combine performance. As has been pointed out, he had a year to prepare for the combine and yet his performance in the agility and strength drills was considerably below what experts had expected of him.

I don't doubt his natural talent at all but his disappointing combine does raise the question of how hard he trained and what kind of advisement he received during the many long months leading up to this very important event.

BTW, is it just me or if you or I were preparing for the combine, wouldn't you practice every drill exactly as they are laid out until you had achieved total mastery of them? I'm always surprised when players stumble and bumble through these drills.

They are, after all, the same drills year after year after year.

What are you talking about? First off, Quinn didn't hurt himself with his combine performance. Secondly, he went off with a freakish performance at his pro day...

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/03/31/mayock-quinn-showed-rare-and-elite-skills-for-end/

BTW, I would find it very creepy if a guy trained every day for a year doing the combine drills.