Robert Quinn

What are you talking about? First off, Quinn didn't hurt himself with his combine performance. Secondly, he went off with a freakish performance at his pro day...

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/03/31/mayock-quinn-showed-rare-and-elite-skills-for-end/

BTW, I would find it very creepy if a guy trained every day for a year doing the combine drills.

I respect your opinion, and as I've said, I'm not anti-Quinn at all. I, however, would find it disturbing if the guy didn't spend the majority of his time preparing for the combine and his pro day, given that those would be his first and only venues in which to perform in front of NFL scouts before the draft.

I simply think Quinn has some red flags, and if it were my choice, there may be too many for me to spend the #3 overall pick on him. I have no problem with the fact that our opinions diverge in that regard. For me, I just feel like there are safer picks with equal upside.

I merely asked you the question. You were the one that brought it up as an issue with the guy...LOL

Two words...Leif Larson.

With all due respect, you implied that I indicated that I wouldn't draft Quinn because of his bench press reps. All I said was that it was a possible red flag for me (but not a deal-breaker on its own).

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cameron Jordon is lights out the better pick if you want to reach. At third pick, you want to pick someone who breaths, eats and sh*ts football. Jordon comes from a football family. Played de, linebacker positons and was willing to play db at senior bowl and combine. The guy is versaile and performed at top level throughout college. He wasn't stupid enough to get suspended for a full season and he didn't play his best football against weaker opponents. Quinn has too many red flags to go that high. I don't like Dareus either. He is not conditioned and he likes to watch freaken cartoons. I want someone on the line who is looking to kill and not be afraid to hurt someone. No thanks.

What are you talking about? First off, Quinn didn't hurt himself with his combine performance. Secondly, he went off with a freakish performance at his pro day...

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/03/31/mayock-quinn-showed-rare-and-elite-skills-for-end/

BTW, I would find it very creepy if a guy trained every day for a year doing the combine drills.

Actually.....yes I would expect them to train regularly because it is a audition for a job pretty much....and he doesn't have any film to show from last year to scouts....so he better be in shape and perform at both the combine and pro day if he wants to be a top 10 pick

I like Robert Quinn.....but he makes sense in a slight trade down to pick up an additional 2nd due to a. being out of football last year...and b. The benign tumor in his head not giving him a 100 percent bill of health....

For me its.....Von Miller at 3 or Quinn at 6-9 in a trade down (assuming Darius is off the board)