Do I Lock Out Mallett in RD3?

Do I Lock Out Mallett in RD3?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Do I Lock Out Mallett in RD3?

Mallett will be loooooong gone by round 3. Book it! I would get a chub-chub if he lasted to #34 and we drafted him. Perfect guy to groom behind Fitz for a couple seasons. I agree with some previous poster that his lack of mobility doesn't worry me all that much. His ability to move around in the pocket will improve with experience and good coaching. Also, I'm not all that concerned about his supposed character/maturity issues.

He ran a really complicated, Bobby Petrino pro-style offense at Arkansas and improved every season.

I agree. Why Moch?

I am not sure on him, either. I can't figure it out.

The guy is a monster. At 250lbs he had a 42" vertical and a 4.45 40 time, with a 1.62 10 yard split. I don't care how you look at it, he's linebacker big with WR combine numbers. I'm still going through and watching the rest of his combine so I don't know about the rest.

It looks like he could play DE in a 3/4, 4/3, and rush OLB in a 3/4. I'd take him any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

The guy is a monster. At 250lbs he had a 42" vertical and a 4.45 40 time, with a 1.62 10 yard split. I don't care how you look at it, he's linebacker big with WR combine numbers. I'm still going through and watching the rest of his combine so I don't know about the rest.

It looks like he could play DE in a 3/4, 4/3, and rush OLB in a 3/4. I'd take him any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

:blink:

:blink:

Just saying he Looks like he could pick up another 20-30lbs on his frame and could play it a little light. Obviously he's not going to play DE in a 3/4 at 250.

And I'm not saying at all to do this. Nor am I saying to make him something he's not. I'd prefer him to play OLB in the 3/4 when were running that defense, DE when we run the 4/3. He looks like he could play many different positions in the front 7 IMO. With his physical talent I'd draft him and find a spot for him somewhere.

Edited by mrags

Mallet won't make it to the third but if we haven't picked Kaepernick (who has the strongest arm BTW) and somehow Mallet is there we should take him. Have watched him the last 2 years and he can deffinitly make plays and has won them many games, could be a Roethlesberger in disguise.

Yeah so I misread the question I don't really understand why we would want to pass on Mallet in the 2nd or the 3rd(never going to happen) I voted to lock out, but I meant lock in, so he real vote should be 17 lockin - 15 lockout. It won't let me delete my vote.

However as earlier pointed out this all moot.

The isn't colt mcCoy or Jimmy Clausen this is a real NFl QB prospect. There is mOre chance of Mallet going in the 1st then the 3rd

Mallett would be an absolute steal in RD3.....

the thought of all 3 of those QB's (mallett, ponder and Kaepernick) still avail in RD3 would be perfect storm for buffalo. ideally buffalo uses their first two picks for a DL & OLB.

Well, why did we vote?

Bill, at the time I posted that I'm locking Mallett out, the vote was so one-sided for LOCK-Out that I thought there was consensus.

I'll put a GRAB for Mallett in Round 3 to take him if he falls there, and remove the LockOut.

Mallett is now locked out. Because of size, I am also thinking of locking out

Quan Sturdivant

Bruce Carter

Dontay Moch

Ahmad Black

Comments?

Astro

I would not lock these guys out an ILB is going to be 235-249 so I dont think Anyone on the list is freakishly small to lock out.

Ahmad black is a football player and a position we don't need to take at #3. But with Donte tendered and Wilson signed and Byrd on the roster safety should a 9 on need.

Edited by Why So Serious?

If Mallett is there in the 3rd round, then you take him. He impressed during interviews, he impressed throwing the ball. He took a drug test, which I'm sure if he had failed, reports would have surfaced saying he did.

He has an elite arm and elite size. You can't teach those things. He comes from a pro style offense. From a football standpoint, he must be taken. You don't have to run 4.5 40, or be an athletic freak to succeed as an NFL QB. He would be an absolute steal in round 3.

I agree but I guess I don't know what I am talking about because I don't think Mallett will be there in Round 3. Mobility is overrated. Quarterbacks run 3-4 times per game, they throw the ball 30+ times per game. Mallett has the strongest arm in the draft, all the accuracy he needs and experience in a pro style offense. He is tall enough to see all there is to see in the secondary. I would take him in the second, might even trade up to the bottom of the first to get him but with our high second, that might not be needed.

I agree to lock out Mallett, the kid always chokes under pressure at the end of games. I also agree to lock out those smaller players since it is clear that Chan is all about size. Kaepernick would be the best match for our O-system.

I would not lock these guys out an ILB is going to be 235-249 so I dont think Anyone on the list is freakishly small to lock out.

Ahmad black is a football player and a position we don't need to take at #3. But with Donte tendered and Wilson signed and Byrd on the roster safety should a 9 on need.

I just changed Safety to a 9 on our Needs. The next Mock (not tomorrow's) shouldn't draft a safety unless he's the BPA. Black won't be BPA in D3 based on the other unfilled needs.

I agree to lock out Mallett, the kid always chokes under pressure at the end of games. I also agree to lock out those smaller players since it is clear that Chan is all about size. Kaepernick would be the best match for our O-system.

He's the best match for our O-system? If we strictly ran a pistol option offense then I would agree. But at Nevada, Kaep ran a 1 read or run system. He's very, very raw. He'd require at least 2 years of work before he would be ready to produce in a pro style offense.

He's the best match for our O-system? If we strictly ran a pistol option offense then I would agree. But at Nevada, Kaep ran a 1 read or run system. He's very, very raw. He'd require at least 2 years of work before he would be ready to produce in a pro style offense.

Which is exactly what he would get (barring injury) playing behind Fitz for the next couple seasons. That being said, I'd rather have Mallett, Ponder, or Stanzi (in that order) as a developmental QB prospect.