Stroud signs with Pats*

Good move by the Pats...

I think he's got some playing time left.

I was disappointed when the Bills let him go.

Good Luck Mr. Stroud.

At DT yes, at DE no. Asking Stroud to play DE was just dumb. But the guy didn't complain and did the best he could. I wish him well.

Or possibly Stroud will have the same impact that Fred Taylor, Torry Holt, and other veteran free agents have had as Patriots.

Zero impact.

The Bills wanted Fred Taylor but he chose to sign with the Pats. Perhaps if he had signed with Buffalo and had success we wouldn't be stuck with CJ Spiller. :wallbash:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills wanted Fred Taylor but he chose to sign with the Pats. Perhaps if he had signed with Buffalo and had success we wouldn't be stuck with CJ Spiller. :wallbash:

What makes you think that he would have had success with us if he didn't have success with New England?

Like this is a big surprise. NE has signed a few Bills players in the past.

Clearly the Bills don't want him. So what's the big :censored: deal?

Stroud said he is ready for the pressure, stating he believes the Bills’ run defense can vault at least 10 places

With the Bills 28th ranked Defense and after 3 season ... THEY CAN HAVE HIM

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Here's the deal:

Stroud can give you a solid 15-20 snaps per game.

Is that worth $7 million? No.

So the Bills should have cut him since they were contractually obligated to pay him that sum. But once you cut him loose, he's free to renegotiate with anyone.

Bottom line: The Bills and Pats front office could have the EXACT SAME grade on Stroud at this point in his career.

Just goes to show you, the division is up for grabs this season. ONLY thing they got is a QB. Other than that, they are shell of what they were...

Umm they were 14-2.

Brady is a big part of that but they have more than just Brady going for them

And where does he play in hte Pats 3-4 line up? I am not sure he will be the NT so he will be asked to be a DE again

Yeah, it's a little surprising that the Pats signed him. I know our D was run by a first-time NFL D-coordinator who didn't run very good defenses in college and may have been in over his head, but Stroud still looked bad. I don't know how much of that can be attributed to poor coaching or a poor scheme. I'm not sure if Stroud is an upgrade at DE when the Pats run a 3-4. However, they've run a lot more 4-3 the last 2 years, and signing Stroud may be an indication that they intend to keep running 4-3. Keep in mind, Stroud was horribly miscast as a DE when our D switched to 4-3 last year, but he can probably still play DT in a 4-3. The Pats usually like guys who are versatile enough to fit into whatever they run, though, so maybe they think they can play Stroud at DE in the 3-4. It'll be interesting to see how he does.

Just goes to show you, the division is up for grabs this season. ONLY thing they got is a QB. Other than that, they are shell of what they were...

Of course, they also have one of the smartest coaches in the league along with Brady. And the best possession receiver in the league.

And a load of high draft picks to replenish their roster.

Or possibly Stroud will have the same impact that Fred Taylor, Torry Holt, and other veteran free agents have had as Patriots.

Zero impact.

I tend to believe this will be the case. He did not show anything with the Bills to suggest there was a lot left in the tank. Keep in mind that while he is only one player the Bills have been horrible against the run for his entire tenure.

Last 3 seasons Stroud vs. Seymour not as far apart as you'd think. Seymour has huge edge on sacks but Stroud has 16 Pass Defensed. Stroud is a great 3rd down rusher in nickel package where you rush 4 and allow him to use his football IQ to knock down passes. Unfortunately George Edwards couldn't fit him into that scheme.

Season Team G Solo Ast Total Sack YdsL Int Yds IntTD DefTD FFum PD Sfty

2008-09 Buffalo 16 29 16 45 2.5 13 0 0 0 0 1 7 0

2009-10 Buffalo 15 38 18 56 2 7 0 0 0 0 0 8 0

2010-11 Buffalo 15 29 20 49 3 16 0 0 0 0 1 1 0

46 96 54 150 7.5 36 0 0 0 0 2 16 0

Season Team G Solo Ast Total Sack YdsL Int Yds IntTD DefTD FFum PD Sfty

2008-09 NE 15 34 17 51 8 50 0 0 0 0 0 10 0

2009-10 Oakland 16 31 16 47 4 20 0 0 0 0 1 3 0

2010-11 Oakland 13 36 12 48 6 36 0 0 0 0 0 2 0

44 101 45 146 18 106 0 0 0 0 1 6 0