One player people are sleeping on here at TSW

...JJ Watt

He was a legitimate top-10 pick coming into the Combine, and after this performance, I think he's worthy of a top 5 pick.

He's big, strong, quick, versatile, very productive, and is a tremendous athlete.

6'6

290 lbs.

4.78 40

37" Vertical

10" Broad Jump

34 Reps

4.21 Shuttle

6.88 3 Cone

Stats:

61 tackles, 20.5 TFLs, 7 sacks, 10 QB hurries, 7 PDs, 1 INT, 3 FFs, and 3 blocked kicks.

He can play as a base 43 end, can move inside on obvious passing downs as an UT, and play as a 5-technique in a 3-4 scheme.

He's faster than I thought, he's stronger than I thought, he uses his hands well, he loves the game, he is a great team mate, the guy's starting his own foundation for sick children, etc. Really can't find too many knocks on him. He is going to be a great pro, and the more I think about it, the more I would take him over a guy like Bowers, Fairley, or Cam Jordan.

P.S. Bret Bielema said he had the biggest hand he ever seen and he uses them well. 11 1/8th, biggest recorded at the combine...

I've got one leg on the bandwagon. He would be a perfect fit at 3-4 defensive end. Watching him today at the combine...he looks far too quick and agile to be a defensive lineman. He truly could be the best defensive player to come out of this draft.

Oh yeah...and Martez Wilson looked pretty good today as well. I believe he ran the 40 at 4.49...pretty fast for 6'4" 250.

You know what they say about guys with big hands.

Big gloves

As long as we don't draft Miller. I watched him move at the combine and he just doesn't look good. Sure, he's athletic but so is Maybin. In the different drills he didn't seem to know what to so, didn't use his speed. The draft experts had to keep making excuses for him. Why? They don't excuse anyone else. I just don't think he's going to make a great pro. Poor technique and he doesn't hustle all the way through a play from watching games. He is one dimensional going after the QB. Let's stay away from him and trade down or get any of these good DL. And I agree I am not sold on fairly because I think he has problems between the ears and I am not sold on Darius either. I really hope we can trade down and egt more picks. I don't really like any of the QBs either. It's a strange year - I don;t think the early picks are helping the teams that need it this year.

The dude is white. I've had enough of the Big Ten and Big 12 white guys on this team. How about we go here the talent is ... the SEC.

A guy named JJ Watt with big hands and great athletic skills is white? He's got to be a starter on the Reggie Cleveland All Stars!

You know what they say about guys with big hands.

Big gloves

Big feet

Big shoes.

As long as we don't draft Miller. I watched him move at the combine and he just doesn't look good. Sure, he's athletic but so is Maybin. In the different drills he didn't seem to know what to so, didn't use his speed. The draft experts had to keep making excuses for him. Why? They don't excuse anyone else. I just don't think he's going to make a great pro. Poor technique and he doesn't hustle all the way through a play from watching games. He is one dimensional going after the QB. Let's stay away from him and trade down or get any of these good DL. And I agree I am not sold on fairly because I think he has problems between the ears and I am not sold on Darius either. I really hope we can trade down and egt more picks. I don't really like any of the QBs either. It's a strange year - I don;t think the early picks are helping the teams that need it this year.

Miller is not the first player I'd draft but I disagree with you. He played a lot of defensive end at A&M and wasn't asked to drop into coverage very much. That showed a bit in the agility drills but with more experience and practice he's the kind of athlete that would excel in any phase.

Also as far as I am concerned, the NFL Network guys were truly in awe of his athleticism. I didn't for a moment feel that they were being apologists for his performance.

And sorry to be dismissive of your opinion but the comparison to Maybin is ridiculous. Maybin had 4 good games in his career. Miller played extensively for all four seasons. He was conference All-Freshman. In his last two seasons he had 27.5 sacks and 38 tackles for loss. He won the Butkus award as the nation's best linebacker and was a consensus first team All-American.

He's bigger, faster, and stronger than Maybin. Unlike Maybin, Miller has a proven history of excellence.

I understand wanting to get a lineman instead of a linebacker, but Von Miller is going to be a great NFL player for some lucky team.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread. I haven't watched the JJ Watt videos yet. But I will.

The dude is white. I've had enough of the Big Ten and Big 12 white guys on this team. How about we go here the talent is ... the SEC.

Dude can play, so shut your racist A$$.

...JJ Watt

He was a legitimate top-10 pick coming into the Combine, and after this performance, I think he's worthy of a top 5 pick.

He's big, strong, quick, versatile, very productive, and is a tremendous athlete.

6'6

290 lbs.

4.78 40

37" Vertical

10" Broad Jump

34 Reps

4.21 Shuttle

6.88 3 Cone

Stats:

61 tackles, 20.5 TFLs, 7 sacks, 10 QB hurries, 7 PDs, 1 INT, 3 FFs, and 3 blocked kicks.

He can play as a base 43 end, can move inside on obvious passing downs as an UT, and play as a 5-technique in a 3-4 scheme.

He's faster than I thought, he's stronger than I thought, he uses his hands well, he loves the game, he is a great team mate, the guy's starting his own foundation for sick children, etc. Really can't find too many knocks on him. He is going to be a great pro, and the more I think about it, the more I would take him over a guy like Bowers, Fairley, or Cam Jordan.

P.S. Bret Bielema said he had the biggest hand he ever seen and he uses them well. 11 1/8th, biggest recorded at the combine...

Like Watt a lot but rather have Dareus for DL or Quinn for OLB, guys like Quinn don't come around too often and we need to get him while we are this high in the draft.

You're right he's a legit top 10 pick

You're right we aren't talking about him

He's not worth the 3rd pick and it's so hard to trade down

He probably won't be a bill

Miller didn't look good? Wow...just wow. Worst post I've read in 2011. Youve the first I've heard say that today and I've been watching the NFL networkfor the last 16 hours. Just wow. Dareus was impressive, I can understand why so many pple on the board wanna draft him. But to say miller looked unimpressive is just baffling. Anyone else think Von miller was unimpressive in the combine?

Miller didn't look good? Wow...just wow. Worst post I've read in 2011. Youve the first I've heard say that today and I've been watching the NFL networkfor the last 16 hours. Just wow. Dareus was impressive, I can understand why so many pple on the board wanna draft him. But to say miller looked unimpressive is just baffling. Anyone else think Von miller was unimpressive in the combine?

Nope.

FWIW, I was very impressed with Miller's workout.

When Maybin bulked up before the combine, he ran a very slow 4.88 forty.

Miller bulked up to 246 and ran an excellent 4.53 and 4.46. His raw skills are amazing. With some coaching and polishing, he's gonna be a great player IMO.

Whichever team drafts him will be very lucky.

hes a solid player, but if youre going to reach for a DE at 3, you really have to go with cameron jordan. ok, so i want cam at three, just not newton. if the bills address the D at 3, theres really no wrong answer. i would be happy with any of the following guys at 3; quinn, peterson, darues, fairley, quinn, miller, jordan. watt looks like a big reach at 3, but if we traded down with someone inside the top 10, i would sign up for him in 2 seconds. same with jordan. probably a reach at 3, especially if i can get dareus/fairley at that spot.

ok, im not on the bowers bandwagon at all. just dont like him at all.

hes a solid player, but if youre going to reach for a DE at 3, you really have to go with cameron jordan. ok, so i want cam at three, just not newton. if the bills address the D at 3, theres really no wrong answer. i would be happy with any of the following guys at 3; quinn, peterson, darues, fairley, quinn, miller, jordan. watt looks like a big reach at 3, but if we traded down with someone inside the top 10, i would sign up for him in 2 seconds. same with jordan. probably a reach at 3, especially if i can get dareus/fairley at that spot.

Me either, bot a fan of bowers

If the Bills selected JJ Watt over Nick Fairley, I would seriously have to consider relinquishing my fanship. That would be like selecting Patrick Kerney over Bruce Smith.

It's amazing how a guy like Fairley gets dissed to the point of people thinking JJ Watt is a better choice. It's looking like the Bills will seriously get the opportunity to draft the next Bruce Smith because of the max over-analysis going on right now. There are people that are actually picking apart his mean attitude on the field. As if this is a negative! Nick Fairley gives the Bills defense an instant identity. One that hasn't been here since Bruce left. Seriously, what is not to love about Nick Fairley???? If the Bills let Failey get past them, it will be the biggest blunder in their draft history

These are the only players that I'd live with the Bills passing over Nick Failey for...Quinn, Dareus, Green, Peterson. That's it. Anything else is a reach of Eric Flowers proportions.

Dude can play, so shut your racist A$$.

Like Watt a lot but rather have Dareus for DL or Quinn for OLB, guys like Quinn don't come around too often and we need to get him while we are this high in the draft.

At 3, I agree with you. If there is an opportunity to trade down and pick up another 2nd rounder I would take it. Please note that I don't think this is likely, as Nix doesn't like to move in the draft.

Miller didn't look good? Wow...just wow. Worst post I've read in 2011. Youve the first I've heard say that today and I've been watching the NFL network for the last 16 hours. Just wow. Dareus was impressive, I can understand why so many pple on the board wanna draft him. But to say miller looked unimpressive is just baffling. Anyone else think Von miller was unimpressive in the combine?

I think the thing everyone is missing about Von Miller is how well he plays with LEVERAGE. I have watched several games, all senior ball practices, All Star Skills challenge, and the combine. This kid dips at the hips well, is fairly fluid in and out of breaks (sticks his foot in the ground and bursts), and consistently gets under pad level in games. I will say however, having seen him a lot, there are times where he relies too much on the speed rush and just gets pushed up field. He has played in space some, but I do feel he will adapt to this with coaching. BUT, to get back to your point, I thought from the meat market combine perspective, he looked very impressive.

...JJ Watt

6'6

290 lbs.

4.78 40

37" Vertical

10" Broad Jump

34 Reps

4.21 Shuttle

6.88 3 Cone

Stats:

Thanks Mrs. Watt. I don't mind the pick if Bowers is already gone.

He isn't going to be a DE, but a LB.

Edited by Rockinon

...JJ Watt

6'6

290 lbs.

4.78 40

37" Vertical

10" Broad Jump

34 Reps

4.21 Shuttle

6.88 3 Cone

That 10 inch broad jump has me a bit concerned.

Seriously though, I agree with you. Watt is a football player and will go fairly high in the draft.

GO BILLS!!!

You should read more posts then...it can't be the WORST! I like JJ Watt much better and I think Miller will underachieve as a pro. Shouldn't have compared him to Maybin because he will be better than that and I know he has more experience but I watched him closely the last half of the year and didn't like what I saw. First, he didn't hustle down plays, over pursued and got caught out of position a lot, didn't look great in pass coverage and didn't look stout against the run. He did rush the passer well. Keep in mind this is relative to being an early first round pick. And at the combine he ran a great time, can jump but look awkward on the movement drills. More awkward than half the LBs out there. For many of the awkward LBs they kept saying, well, he's an ILB but then what is Miller's excuse? I thought, when it came to Miller, no one was being objective and they were just hyping the guy no matter what because of some good measurables. Same with Newton for that matter. I don't think he'll be able to handle the pro game between the ears. Please find someone high on Newton or Gabbert and trade down for more picks. Please no Miller at #3 (or Fairley). I'd rather take Peterson or Darius if we have to stay where we are. Just my opinion on Miller. If he makes a pro bowl you can flame me then.

You should read more posts then...it can't be the WORST! I like JJ Watt much better and I think Miller will underachieve as a pro. Shouldn't have compared him to Maybin because he will be better than that and I know he has more experience but I watched him closely the last half of the year and didn't like what I saw. First, he didn't hustle down plays, over pursued and got caught out of position a lot, didn't look great in pass coverage and didn't look stout against the run. He did rush the passer well. Keep in mind this is relative to being an early first round pick. And at the combine he ran a great time, can jump but look awkward on the movement drills. More awkward than half the LBs out there. For many of the awkward LBs they kept saying, well, he's an ILB but then what is Miller's excuse? I thought, when it came to Miller, no one was being objective and they were just hyping the guy no matter what because of some good measurables. Same with Newton for that matter. I don't think he'll be able to handle the pro game between the ears. Please find someone high on Newton or Gabbert and trade down for more picks. Please no Miller at #3 (or Fairley). I'd rather take Peterson or Darius if we have to stay where we are. Just my opinion on Miller. If he makes a pro bowl you can flame me then.

I agree with you on this one Kurt. I did think he look very good in his combine workouts and his #s back that up, but that’s no surprise to me. He is a very athletic guy, but there is one glaring weakness in his game. It’s his lack of strength and ability to disengage when he is engaged with an OL. Go watch any video you can find of the guy. If he rushes the passer, and the OT is quick enough to get his hands on him, you can watch him being controlled like a rag doll. Well in the NFL all the LTs are quick – so now whats his plan? This is the same thing that has haunted Maybin – albeit Miller is better than Maybin – its still a glaring issue and should be a huge cause for concern. In the run game it’s the same thing, he is easily handled and moved out of the hole by whoever blocks him. He was abused in the run game vrs Texas the last two years, and Nebraska this year he was being pushed around by a small TE. At one point (I think this is in a youtube clip) he even resorts to turning his back to the RB and trying to spin out of a block as a last resort.

Ok, so I realize most people don’t agrea with me about Miller pass rushing ability – but what about his run stopping ability? Surely you can’t be very impressed with that. If you are then the hype machine has truly taken over.

Lets not forget we are picking THIRD IN THE DRAFT. Our pick SHOULDN’T HAVE A WEAKNESS vs. the run or the pass (assuming it’s a defensive player) Miller has a glaring weakness v the run, and a huge red flag in his pass rushing style coming into the NFL. I’ll just say it again – the team that takes Miller expecting a hard core pass rusher is going to be very disappointed. I feel Miller would be best used as a Will LB in a 4-3, were he would rarely have to take on blockers and could use his near-elite athleticism to track down ball carriers.

I think a lot of us like Watt but not at #3 - and, unfortunately, he won't be there at #34. (But if he is, DO NOT get between Nix and the podium! B-) )

I think we won't take a DE until the fourth round - Greg Romeus, a favorite of The 'Stache at Pitt. JMO.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Fear The 'Stache!!!!! :beer: