Bowers had knee surgery

sirebors

The guy has no pass rush ability to speak of.

it is truly amazing the lack of college football knowledge there is here. Bowers has been dominant in the ACC since he was a freshman. He was double teamed for about 3 years and still put up great numbers against the run/pass. Don't be surprised to hear his name called first.

Dont be suprised if his name is called at 3

All this talk about other players could be just to deflect away from where the bills actually want to go....which is Bowers who has shown he can play the run.....and had a breakout season this last year in a touch conference.........

And keep in mind that our 3-4 defense is a HYBRID. The Bills might actually think he is the best player on the board when they pick.

This makes the combine/pro day especially important to him. He'll have to prove he's healthy.

You also have to look at the type of surgery he's had. There are arthroscopic surgeries that are pretty routine. I wonder how many knee surgeries Jared Allen has had? I would be okay with him.

Dont be suprised if his name is called at 3

All this talk about other players could be just to deflect away from where the bills actually want to go....which is Bowers who has shown he can play the run.....and had a breakout season this last year in a touch conference.........

And keep in mind that our 3-4 defense is a HYBRID. The Bills might actually think he is the best player on the board when they pick.

He may very well be the best run defender of the bunch (Fairley/Dares/Watt/Jordan/etc). He had a ton of sacks this year but I was more impressed with his TFL #s. He plays great team defense on the other side of the LOS. He is in control.

We have confirmed that Clemson junior defensive end Da’Quan Bowers, rated as the number two available prospect on our board, underwent minor knee surgery after the team’s bowl game to repair an injured meniscus in his knee. Bowers initially suffered the injury midway through the 2010 campaign yet played the entire season. No ill effects are foreseen and Bowers has been training full bore in preparation for the combine.

Makes it more interesting. Imagine if he were 100% healthy. I see Bowers being dominant in teh NFL.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=4627

it is truly amazing the lack of college football knowledge there is here. Bowers has been dominant in the ACC since he was a freshman. He was double teamed for about 3 years and still put up great numbers against the run/pass. Don't be surprised to hear his name called first.

LOL I dont claim to be a NFL scout. I watched highlights of him, he struggles to get off blockers and use his hands effectively. He also plays standing up a lot. I'll agree that he is very strong and great against the run but the guys got no pass rush.

We have confirmed that Clemson junior defensive end Da’Quan Bowers, rated as the number two available prospect on our board, underwent minor knee surgery after the team’s bowl game to repair an injured meniscus in his knee. Bowers initially suffered the injury midway through the 2010 campaign yet played the entire season. No ill effects are foreseen and Bowers has been training full bore in preparation for the combine.

Makes it more interesting. Imagine if he were 100% healthy. I see Bowers being dominant in teh NFL.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=4627

That kind of grit would be welcome for a team whose last pick this early in the draft would sit it out when he got a hangnail or was "depressed."

Edited by UConn James

:lol: praying that this keeps him out of our plans.

LOL I dont claim to be a NFL scout. I watched highlights of him, he struggles to get off blockers and use his hands effectively. He also plays standing up a lot. I'll agree that he is very strong and great against the run but the guys got no pass rush.

It’s somewhat strange for you to say that he struggles to get off blocks and doesn’t use his hands effectively, and then go on to say he is great against the run. How can he be great against the run if he is always blocked? Your statement is contradictory. Saying this is especially strange because he is great at both getting off of blocks and using his hands.

He has a pass rush but IMO that’s not the best part of his game, he isn’t much of a speed rusher at all which most people like to see. He is more of a physical Jared Allen type as opposed to a Dwitght Freeny or D Ware. I forget where I read it, but It was either from a former NFL scout or one of the ESPN Scouts Inc guys (not McTan), the guy had written an article about how Bowers has the unique ability to have his upper body going one way and his lower body going another. He likened it to Bruce Smith, FWIW.

Edited by Thoner7

The Bills don't shy away from guys with knee issues , Thurmon Thomas , Mcgahee ,& there are probably others so i don't know that this means much !!

But for the money i'd go with Dareus !! :thumbsup:

Edited by T master