Sabres win 11-round shootout

\GoBillsInDallas/

Great overtime, great shootout...2 points out of a playoff spot= I'm officially in hockey mode now :beer:

I'm in hockey mode after week 2 of Bills "football".

And mad props to Drew Stafford: 9 goals in five games. Yes, that's right. Not points. Goals.

That was an awesome game! I wonder who starts in goal tomorrow vs the Laffs?

BTW- for those of you (like me) who have been watching the games on-line (when you can, not much luck lately), or when the Sabres are on VS...

Free NHL Center ICE preview Feb. 14-20th!!!! Get to watch the Leafs game tomorrow, for sure...both home and away feeds are being offered...no HD!

Not sure what the deal is, but the NBA free preview has been running since MLK day, on Time Warner...I am in heaven right now...glad Time Warner now rereuns the games through the evening...

GO SABRES!

Wow... GoBills... You are really screwing up today! It was 10 rounds... :nana:

You gotta start bringing your A-game back!

Good game...but the overtime was !@#$ing spectacular.

And Enroth showed great poise winning that shootout after giving up the first two shots.

And his best friend too: The goalpost. Without the post's poise... The Habs would have won in 7 rounds. :P

"Shootout attempt by P.K. Subban MISSES goalpost (Wristshot 19 ft)"

Next up was:

"Shootout attempt by Tyler Myers SAVED by Carey Price (Backhand 12 ft)"

That was an awesome game! I wonder who starts in goal tomorrow vs the Laffs?

BTW- for those of you (like me) who have been watching the games on-line (when you can, not much luck lately), or when the Sabres are on VS...

Free NHL Center ICE preview Feb. 14-20th!!!! Get to watch the Leafs game tomorrow, for sure...both home and away feeds are being offered...no HD!

Not sure what the deal is, but the NBA free preview has been running since MLK day, on Time Warner...I am in heaven right now...glad Time Warner now rereuns the games through the evening...

GO SABRES!

Beat me to it. Also, every game the Sabres play is on replay in the 600's. ie: if they play Rangers/Isles, it can be seem on MSG in the wee hours after the game. Boston? NESN. Lightning/Panthers? SUN. etc. -always. Not the same as watching it live, but I DVR it and speed through the game with my morning cup-o-joe.

DTV is also having free NASCAR In-Car viewing this week.

And his best friend too: The goalpost. Without the post's poise... The Habs would have won in 7 rounds. :P

Next up was:

Without the goal posts one of two things would have happened:

The Sabres would have won in OT on a shot by Myers or:

The game would have been canceled because the nets would have kept falling to the ice.

Just got some tickets to go watch them play the candycanes in March. Stafford has been on fire. Leading the league in Hats this year with 4.

Let's not jinx them! Remember how ex-BFLO MacArthur started the first four games in TOR... Sure he in the 40's w/points... But goals slowed down to only 17... What was he on pace for after the first 10 games?:P

Without the goal posts one of two things would have happened:

The Sabres would have won in OT on a shot by Myers or:

The game would have been canceled because the nets would have kept falling to the ice.

:oops::thumbsup:

Let's not jinx them! Remember how ex-BFLO MacArthur started the first four games in TOR... Sure he in the 40's w/points... But goals slowed down to only 17... What was he on pace for after the first 10 games?:P

:oops::thumbsup:

Very true, but this is a contract year for Stafford isn't it? Does that mean he keeps it up as long as he is healthy? Whats worse, making the playoffs and losing in the first round or not making them at all? I'll go with losing in round 1

MacArthur was on pace for 936 points, right? :beer:

Very true, but this is a contract year for Stafford isn't it? Does that mean he keeps it up as long as he is healthy? Whats worse, making the playoffs and losing in the first round or not making them at all? I'll go with losing in round 1

MacArthur was on pace for 936 points, right? :beer:

:lol: :lol:

I shouldn't be talking smack against TOR on the eve of a game! It will come back to haunt us Sabres fans... Well, at least Millbank could be happy!

They finally scored on their 6th chance to win the shootout, Sabres hit a post on one of those as well. They came up big when they needed to though, Vanek, Ennis, and Gerbe, were clutch...1st time an NHL team has come back from a 2-0 game defecit and 2-0 SO defecit...6 game home stand begins tonight, GO SABRES!!!

Edited by ricojes

Next up was:

The Subban attempt actually deflected off Enroth's glove before hitting near the corner of the crossbar/goal post. Versus had a nice replay of it.

I'm in hockey mode after week 2 of Bills "football".

And mad props to Drew Stafford: 9 goals in five games. Yes, that's right. Not points. Goals.

It might as well be 9 points over those 9 games too. Not that I'm complaining, but assists really aren't Stafford's thing. And on that note, he does have 1 assist over that same period.

I don't understand why Lalime is still on this team. We need a Goalie who can step in now and then and not be terrible. They're not that hard to find. The only thing I can think is that they're not going to make any moves until Pegula takes over.

I think he's here because he makes Miller happy. And Enroth doesn't get any better if he sits on the bench in Buffalo. The only way Lalime plays is if Miller comes out mid-game due to injury or suckitude.