Pat Moran:inside source has us taking

BeastMode54

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This would seem like the all too familiar case of the Bills thinking they're smarter than the rest of the league. 3 is too high for him.

Here's a good video though, he does look like a good player, good hands, but no thanks at three.

youtube.com/watch?v=LOx7bqKP4m0

I agree. I've been watching some tape on JJ Watt. He looks like the real deal as well. Just too high for these two guys I think. However, I'd rather take a guy who can play right away than one who needs to be developed. Even if people think the value of the player is worth a mid 1st round pick, I'll take mid 1st round solid production over whiffing in the first round like we have the past decade any day

Well, he's a senior with the experience and the production Nix covets for his draftees Plus he has NFL bloodline. Could not find if he was captain at Cal.

I really like the guy.

But do you really like him at 3?

If he's really their guy, that's cool -- but they HAVE to explore the possibility of a trade back. Even if the dude has a fantastic combine/pro day (which he probably will) I can't see him cracking the top 8.

If you give creedence to any of these reports, be they from Moran, Carrucci or whoever, you are assuming that the Bills place more security on the news of their impending uniform change (which nobody knew about in advance of the announcement) than they do who they'll actually pick at #3. Does this make sense?

It's all one big poker game/smokescreen at this point.

FYI: Moran posted the same thing about Jordan on his twitter feed on 25 January... "from everything I'm reading & hearing..." He clearly is in intimate contact with key members of the Bills organization on a weekly basis. I'm surprised they haven't hired him as a consultant... <_<

Edited by applescruff

But do you really like him at 3?

If he's really their guy, that's cool -- but they HAVE to explore the possibility of a trade back. Even if the dude has a fantastic combine/pro day (which he probably will) I can't see him cracking the top 8.

Yes, I think I do. You can claim Fairley and Bowers are one year wonders, Peterson is a physical beast but he is a CB, I feel AJ Green could be the BPA there but he's a WR. I don't want WR or CB with the pick.

I don't really like any of the QBs there, I like Newton and Mallett the most but the red flags are worrisome.

I feel Jordan is the kind of player overlooked by bloggers but the NFL people have different and better grades on him. I like both him and Dareus, I think they will be good NFL players because of their versatility.

If you give creedence to any of these reports, be they from Moran, Carrucci or whoever, you are assuming that the Bills place more security on the news of their impending uniform change (which nobody knew about in advance of the announcement) than they do who they'll actually pick at #3. Does this make sense?

It's all one big poker game/smokescreen at this point.

Everytime I see the word smokescreen I'm going to ask what for? What is the plan they are hiding? I've done it for a week so far without a single reply.

There's almost no mobility as it is at this point in the top few picks. Cincy is the last team with ammo for 1. There are only 3-4 teams we could go back with. More then 2-3 spots and we are talking about giving every pick in the draft since we won't be using players or 2012 picks....

Also, To tell a reporter that they are discussing and watching film on a guy 2 months out is hardly a huge development or a secret. I didn't read "he's our guy" I read "yea we haven't ruled him out" without the combine, prodays, interviews.... Anyone in the top 15 could move to a 7-8 type prospect and at that point just go get your guy, value be damned. That means 2 months out there's probably 10-15 guys in play, probably 7-8 real contenders for the big pay day. Not to mention if we move down from 3 or up from our second rounder. These guys go first round cause there good - if we don't "like" about 20 of them, something is wrong.

Edited by NoSaint

I like Marcel Dareus at the #3 spot. If he's gone, which is possible, Jordan could certainly be a possibility. Productive player who fits Nix's criteria, as other have said, at a big position of need. 3 is probably a reach, but Nix does not give a crap about opinion outside of 1 Bills Drive, he'll go with the guy he and the scouts like best. In an ideal world if Dareus is gone at #3 we could trade back to #7 or so, take a guy like Jordan and pick up an additional 2nd rounder in the process. We all know that the draft is not an ideal world and it's rare to see teams move up into one of the top 3 spots, so I highly doubt it'll happen.

Another player (a mid-late 1st round prospect), I'm intrigued with is Justin Houston. Obviously the #3 pick is high, but if there is a way we can manuever around and come away with Houston I'd be happy. I think in 3-4 years he'll be the best LB to come out of this draft (although Quinn could be right there too).

Favorite D-Lineman: Marcel Dareus, Phil Taylor, Cameron Jordan

Favorite LB's: Robert Quinn, Justin Houston

Favorite WR: AJ Green

BTW, Nolan Nawrocki (PFW.com) has Cam Jordan going #7 to SF in his initial mock draft, so don't be surprised to see him go that high. Dominant Senior Bowls backed by productive careers, can really propel a prospect (see Tyson Alualu).

Edited by Estro

Pat Moran just tweeted that a source within the organization has continuously mentioned Cam Jordan as a possible pick for us at 3. I don't know how I feel about that. If he actually makes an impact I'm fine with it, just think there are better

probably smokescreen, but Jordan is a great player and wouldn't be disappointed if we get him, as long as we don't draft Newton we will be fine (bowers too) that would set us back another decade.

Every team is going to like Cam Jordan a ton when they see him on tape. He's a very, very good player, and well known to be very good. He's likely not going at #3 but he's also likely going to have a better pro career than half the guys drafted above him, IMO. He's also known to be a great teammate and his father was drafted in the 7th round and made six straight pro bowls.

The real question, to me, and I would assume pro scouts and GMs, is whether Jordan will become a stud player and star at the NFL level, which you are looking for at a #3 player in the draft. Or is he going to be just what he looks like now, which is a consistently very good player who does most everything very well.

If we trade down, I could easily see us choosing him. I can even imagine him at #3 simply because Nix and Gailey don't really care what people think. I would imagine Edwards and Wannstedt would love what they see out of him, too.

If I had to guess, however, I still think we take whoever is left of Fairley, Dareus or Bowers.

And I put no stock whatsoever in Pat Moran's tweets, or anything anyone from the Bills organization tells a pseudo reporter in mid February about who the team is going to draft.

Pat Moran just tweeted that a source within the organization has continuously mentioned Cam Jordan as a possible pick for us at 3. I don't know how I feel about that. If he actually makes an impact I'm fine with it, just think there are better

You're fine with it? A DT from Cal, who most experts would regard as a reach at #3, and you would be fine with it? Well I'm not surprised. Newton and Gabbert may both be sitting there available while Nix may choose this kid or some other defensive player - and then sit there and watch both those QB's immediately get drafted within the top 10, and you and Nix and most others out here will be just so happy they "solidified" their defensive line.

Sorry, but I want to see the BUFFALO Bills (not the Los Angeles or the Toronto Bills) WIN a Super Bowl. The quickest way they will get that done is to draft or trade for their franchise QB now, and keep their fingers crossed that Ralph Wilson stays alive long enough for that guy to lead the team to their first Lombardi Trophy.

The Bills have the 3rd pick in the next 6 rounds following that first one. (At least I think they do, unless they have some trades from last year pending.) At least they should have the 3rd pick in most of the other 6 rounds, to solidify that lousy front 7 and the improving but still lacking O-line. Newton or Gabbert need to be the #3 pick in this year's draft, in my humble opinion.

You're fine with it? A DT from Cal, who most experts would regard as a reach at #3, and you would be fine with it? Well I'm not surprised. Newton and Gabbert may both be sitting there available while Nix may choose this kid or some other defensive player - and then sit there and watch both those QB's immediately get drafted within the top 10, and you and Nix and most others out here will be just so happy they "solidified" their defensive line.

Sorry, but I want to see the BUFFALO Bills (not the Los Angeles or the Toronto Bills) WIN a Super Bowl. The quickest way they will get that done is to draft or trade for their franchise QB now, and keep their fingers crossed that Ralph Wilson stays alive long enough for that guy to lead the team to their first Lombardi Trophy.

The Bills have the 3rd pick in the next 6 rounds following that first one. (At least I think they do, unless they have some trades from last year pending.) At least they should have the 3rd pick in most of the other 6 rounds, to solidify that lousy front 7 and the improving but still lacking O-line. Newton or Gabbert need to be the #3 pick in this year's draft, in my humble opinion.

This is what I've been saying. :thumbsup:

i would be fine with this pick...the guy has some real talent and looks to go in the top ten. it wouldn't be too much of a reach for us and i really wouldn't care as long as he came in and performed at a high level. he played four years in school has the pedigree with his dad so it seems this guy should be a solid pro.

I agree. I've been watching some tape on JJ Watt. He looks like the real deal as well. Just too high for these two guys I think. However, I'd rather take a guy who can play right away than one who needs to be developed. Even if people think the value of the player is worth a mid 1st round pick, I'll take mid 1st round solid production over whiffing in the first round like we have the past decade any day

But hasn't that been kind of our problem? Maybin's the only real BUST in the past decade. Whitner gave us mid 1st round solid production. The problem was, there was an impact star-level player available at a position we needed (Ngata), and we passed on him to take the solid guy who could play right away.