Demaryius Thomas Suffers Torn Achilles

From Schefter's Twitter:

AdamSchefter RT @Denver_Broncos: Demaryius Thomas suffered Achilles tendon injury on Wed while working out in Ga. Recovery expected to take 6-8 months.

AdamSchefter RT @ChrisWesseling: Achilles tendon ruptures in NFL: 36% never play again. Those who play can't meet pre-injury level

Does this put AJ Green in play for them at pick #2? Pushing another defensive player down?

From Schefter's Twitter:

AdamSchefter RT @Denver_Broncos: Demaryius Thomas suffered Achilles tendon injury on Wed while working out in Ga. Recovery expected to take 6-8 months.

AdamSchefter RT @ChrisWesseling: Achilles tendon ruptures in NFL: 36% never play again. Those who play can't meet pre-injury level

Does this put AJ Green in play for them at pick #2? Pushing another defensive player down?

man that sucks. and yes it does.

Elway may very well realize Green is best player in the draft. Injury to Thomas could give him the political cover to draft WR in 1st round 2 years in row. They surely don't want their golden boy Tebow with no one to throw to. Fingers crossed they make a move in free agency to acquire a WR instead.

That 36 percent number is very deceiving. It includes a whole bunch of borderline players who would have failed to play again even with the slightest injury. The churn of players in the NFL is unbelievable, and for players on the edge, I'd bet that even something like chronic tendenitis would bump them from the league very quickly.

"36% never play again."

of course, 35% are 36 when it happens !

seems unusual for someone about 24 to have one of these, but he's got years to come back from it and has far too much talent to pack it in. my money(not much) says he comes back strong.

~ AS

It's normally a two year return, if you do. It's rough.

man that sucks. and yes it does.

Elway may very well realize Green is best player in the draft. Injury to Thomas could give him the political cover to draft WR in 1st round 2 years in row. They surely don't want their golden boy Tebow with no one to throw to. Fingers crossed they make a move in free agency to acquire a WR instead.

Dude Avatar is a riot, pretty good abs for a politician tho :lol:

Think about how the Broncos fans must feel right now. One of their 1st Round picks from just last year, who was supposed to end up being their #1 WR, goes down with a ruptured achilles and will possibly never even be able to play again. The signs were all there so I bet they are cursing the FO right now. The guy was injury prone in college, gets a 1st Round contract, and now may not be able to get back on the field for a year or two or never. If this were one of ours you guys would be mopping the floor with the FO in here.

Edited by H2o

If you believe Buddy that he was not looking to move back into the first to draft Tebow, and if you believe the pundits who say Denver thwarted his move, then the guy we were really after last year was D. Thomas, who Chan had at Tech. Anyone who saw his highlight reel probably broke their jaw when it hit the floor. Averaged something like 25 yrds per reception. Just a great kid. Hope things turn out ok for him.

And BTW if they were really going after him, especially when they had already picked CJ earlier in the first, it lends credibility to the Green to Buffalo possibility.

From Schefter's Twitter:

What I read here is bad news for any hope of Merriman contributing to the Bills next year. :( :(

Of course there is a difference between Achilles tendon injury or partial tear, and Achilles tendon rupture.

I think they'll be happy going into next year with Llyod, Royal, and Gaffney. Daniel Graham isn't "so" bad either. Knowshon Moreno, Correll Buckhalter, and Laurence Maroney for RB isn't "that" horrible either. Their defense with a capital S sucks and kept them out of the playoffs... well that and their offense stalling a lot. More than likely they'll go D.

i doubt Denver goes WR.....most likely D-lineman, with Peterson a possibilty (champ bailey close to the end).

I was thinking Peterson myself.

If you believe Buddy that he was not looking to move back into the first to draft Tebow, and if you believe the pundits who say Denver thwarted his move, then the guy we were really after last year was D. Thomas, who Chan had at Tech. Anyone who saw his highlight reel probably broke their jaw when it hit the floor. Averaged something like 25 yrds per reception. Just a great kid. Hope things turn out ok for him.

And BTW if they were really going after him, especially when they had already picked CJ earlier in the first, it lends credibility to the Green to Buffalo possibility.

This is exactly who they were going to move back up to draft. And Denver did thwart their plan, but it wasn't for Tebow.

Thank you Broncos!

I doubt it, they Broncos are not on the cusp of greatness and that WR is not going to get them anywhere.

Either are we. Green is definitely a possibility for us

Champ Bailey's a UFA and is as good as gone.

....even though he says he wants to remain a bronco....

The Broncos will probably address WR early with the injuries to Thomas and Royal (Hip Surgery) but I don't see it impacting their 1st round pick unless they are given a good scenario to trade down. They need defense just as bad as the Bills