IF 49ers send picks 7, 45, 107 to Buffalo for pick 3; SF targeting CB

Astrobot

Carolina should be interested in Kolb! No inside info on whether they're exploring that option. That'd work for both teams.

Here is a sim of the Bills-SF trade scenario (this could also be for Gabbert, not just CB):

Bills acquire DT in Free Agency.

1 7 Marcell Dareus DE34 Alabama

2 34 Kyle Rudolph TE Notre Dame

2 45 Andy Dalton QB TCU

3 68 Sam Acho OLB34 Texas

4 99 Owen Marecic ILB Stanford

4 107 Chris White ILB Mississippi State

4 121 Marcus Gilbert OT Florida

5 130 James Brewer OT Indiana

6 164 Shane Vereen RBF California

7 195 Jordan Cameron TE USC

There will be good value in the late (RD5-RD7) rounds this year for TE, RB, and CB.

4-3 DT's will come off the board slower than 3-4 DT's.

There will be early runs on DE and the better OT's.

I was right on my predictions last year!

i take it -- puts you in a great spot to choose between dareus and quinn, pick up a player and save cash. even if one is off the board i dont think both are at that point.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Carolina should be interested in Kolb! No inside info on whether they're exploring that option. That'd work for both teams.

Here is a sim of the Bills-SF trade scenario (this could also be for Gabbert, not just CB):

2 45 Pat Devlin QB Delaware

There will be good value in the late (RD5-RD7) rounds this year for TE, RB, and CB.

Couple of things. I think Pat Devlin in the 2nd would be quite high for him. Why Jordan Cameron in the 7th when Rudolph is everything you could ever want in a TE?

DraftTek is going to use their Draft Lab to simulate a trade each week. One of the two scenarios involves the 49ers sending picks 7, 45, and 107 to Buffalo for pick 3. San Fran is targeting CB Peterson/Amukamara. Over forty percent of the votes in our discussion went to this scenario (the other one with just under 40% was Cardinals sending picks 5 & 69 to the Eagles for QB Kolb).

Would you pull the trigger on the Bills-SF trade?

In a heartbeat....and it would be a steal!

DraftTek is going to use their Draft Lab to simulate a trade each week. One of the two scenarios involves the 49ers sending picks 7, 45, and 107 to Buffalo for pick 3. San Fran is targeting CB Peterson/Amukamara. Over forty percent of the votes in our discussion went to this scenario (the other one with just under 40% was Cardinals sending picks 5 & 69 to the Eagles for QB Kolb).

Yes, then Quinn or Dareus

Couple of things. I think Pat Devlin in the 2nd would be quite high for him. Why Jordan Cameron in the 7th when Rudolph is everything you could ever want in a TE?

agreed, Don't understand why people think Devlin is a good QB, from what I saw the kid just doesn't have it. If some one wants to give me a honest answer I'd like to hear it.

Ugh, dont like Devlin or Dalton (or Kaepernick, etc), especially not in the second. Its a waste of the pick we got in the trade. Get the best Defensive players available. If we MUST go QB, it's either a guy we think it worthy of #3 or no one. Anyone else will take years to develop and only end up just as good as Fitz. Not worth it, and a waste of a pick, and a waste of our coaches' time.

My logic was that Devlin will be gone by the #68th pick. Cameron in the 7th is because our TE's combined amassed 168 yards and 1 TD last year.

This would be a very good deal for Buffalo.

2 45 Pat Devlin QB Delaware

Wow. That'd be just like the Bills. Make a great trade and then ruin it with those two selections in the 2nd round. Those are terrible. If we had 2 2nd rounders like that and picked Dareus in the first, they'd better be for ILB and DT. QB and TE? Really?

I may be alone here but while this deal is awesome I would rather get their first round pick next season rather than a second this year. Having two first round picks next season (one if not both of those picks being pretty high) it would give them the ability to make a serious move for Luck ... It's a gamble yes, but worth it. A least to me ...

Edited by tgreg99

I may be alone here but while this deal is awesome I would rather get their first round pick next season rather than a second this year. Having two first round picks next season (one if not both of those picks being pretty high) it would give them the ability to make a serious move for Luck ... It's a gamble yes, but worth it. A least to me ...

until there is a cba, no trades for next years picks.... just throwing it out there as a reminder going forward.

Sign me up, Astro.