HOF player you just didnt get?

Stenbar

Steve Young. IMO, was arguably the best quarterback of all-time. If I HAD to pick one guy, he would be it. He did everything great. Threw long, short, for accuracy,could run long or short, speed and power, could scramble, throw on the run, and was a winner. There wasn't anything he couldn't do, and was excellent at all of them. Easily the best all around quarterback, one could argue that someone like Montana won more championships, but Young won the SB, too.

I agree. He was unreal.....I would want to face Montana instead of him.

No way that Deion Sanders is a Hall of Famer and Andre Reid is not. Sanders had nowhere near a hall of fame career, while Reid clearly did. The whole thing is a joke.

Deion was an incredible player. A true shut down corner that played both ways and was a threat to score any time he had the ball. Reed deserves to be in there too but to say Deion doesnt deserve to be in is insane

I wish the NFL hall of fame selection was as rigid as MLB's. You have to be GREAT to be enshrined in Cooperstown. The NFL puts too many people in the hall, in my opinion. Not all of them were GREAT. Some were good, but very few were GREAT.

When asked tonight who he thought should be in out of all the recievers he said Reed. He gave nice props to AR.

Just thought I'd bring that up.

It was fun watching him play here in Tampa. HOF stuff here fer sure.

Thats cause you're an idiot.

go milk the cows, dude.

:lol:

Does not make me an idiot, he was before my time and I have never seen the footage to back his ring up, also I would include Terry Bradshaw.

But, keep it classy.

The question was, if you dont remember was : HOF player you just didnt get??

But yet you agree with someone else who said Howie Long and yet you dont know anything about his HOF career. Right, got it.

Keep it stupid.

I know you said players, but honestly Marv Levy...if you look at the talent the Bills had in the late 80's and early to mid 90's they should have won 5 titles. Only on Madden can I manage to have that many great players on one team.

He was a less than average head coach, had it been anyone else I don't think we hear the 0-4 comments.

I know you said players, but honestly Marv Levy...if you look at the talent the Bills had in the late 80's and early to mid 90's they should have won 5 titles. Only on Madden can I manage to have that many great players on one team.

He was a less than average head coach, had it been anyone else I don't think we hear the 0-4 comments.

The problem with that is the players all credit Levy for keeping all of their egos in check. That's not an easy job and most coaches probably wouldn't have succeeded.

Jim Kelly...j/k.

I'd have to agree with GOBILLS and say Namath probably doesn't deserve it.

Good news is Andre made the cutdown to 10 so he'll probably get in next year. Still too long of a wait tho for a guy they basically had to invent a football statistic for: RAC

Steve Young. IMO, was arguably the best quarterback of all-time. If I HAD to pick one guy, he would be it. He did everything great. Threw long, short, for accuracy,could run long or short, speed and power, could scramble, throw on the run, and was a winner. There wasn't anything he couldn't do, and was excellent at all of them. Easily the best all around quarterback, one could argue that someone like Montana won more championships, but Young won the SB, too.

+1

As far as non-Bills QB's go, in my time, Elway, Favre and Young were the best, as far as I am concerned. I realize that Marino and Montana belong in that conversation, but not for me. And though I could never get myself to root for the 49ers, unless they were playing Dallas (I always found them great, but dull as hell, to watch) I think Young was the best of the bunch. If he hadn't been sitting behind the more popular Montana as long as he did, I think the feelings about him wouldn't be as divided.

Jim Kelly...j/k.

I'd have to agree with GOBILLS and say Namath probably doesn't deserve it.

Good news is Andre made the cutdown to 10 so he'll probably get in next year. Still too long of a wait tho for a guy they basically had to invent a football statistic for: RAC

I think he made the top ten vote getters last year too...while neither Brown or Carter did. So, like you, I think he will make it very soon...

Edited by Buftex

Jim Brown too.

hehe----deion sanders,steve young,tim brown(completely uncoverable-and with lousy QBs most of his career),chris carter,..this thread is too much..

But in the spirit of this thread I nominate Reggie White--bad 40 times,didnt do well on the superstars competition and more stuff i cant think of right now.

Steve Young.

I know this is unpopular but I have to agree somewhat. I thought he was over rated. If I remember correctly he was in the league 7 years before he even did anything. I know he played behing Joe but he took a long, long time to develope. I think most players would rather face Young than Montana. By the time Marino, Kelly, Brady, Manning, Elway, Rothlesberger, Montana, Warner were in the league 7 years they had gone to SB's. A good player? Yes eventually. Arguably the best player? No way, HOF...not before Andre.

Shannon Sharpe, Michael Irvin, Lynn Swann, Dan Dierdorf????? I don't understand these.

Edited by VADC Bills

I wish the NFL hall of fame selection was as rigid as MLB's. You have to be GREAT to be enshrined in Cooperstown. The NFL puts too many people in the hall, in my opinion. Not all of them were GREAT. Some were good, but very few were GREAT.

If they did, I have the feeling that the only Bills in the HOF would be OJ Simpson and Bruce Smith. Not to disrespect the other 7 HOF Bills (including Lofton), cuz I loved watching all of them play...

Shannon Sharpe. I don't get this one at all.

Why not? He is one of three or for TE's in the arguement for best TE of all time.

Amen brother. You can make an arguement that Reed, Polian, Tasker, and Hull should be in the HOF instead of Levy.

I know this is unpopular but I have to agree somewhat. I thought he was over rated. If I remember correctly he was in the league 7 years before he even did anything. I know he played behing Joe but he took a long, long time to develope. I think most players would rather face Young than Montana. By the time Marino, Kelly, Brady, Manning, Elway, Rothlesberger, Montana, Warner were in the league 7 years they had gone to SB's. A good player? Yes eventually. Arguably the best player? No way, HOF...not before Andre.

Shannon Sharpe, Michael Irvin, Lynn Swann, Dan Dierdorf????? I don't understand these.

My memory of Young on the Bucs was him being very talented on a horrible team. And, then he did play a lot during his "backup" years to Montana.

* Third-Highest Passer Rating, Career - 96.8[6]

* Most Rushing Touchdowns by a QB, Career - 43[7]

* Most Passing Titles, Career - 6 (tied w/Sammy Baugh)[6]

* Most Consecutive Passing Titles - 4 (1991–94)[6]

* Most Seasons With a Passer Rating Over 100, Career - 6 (1991–94, 1997–98)[8]

* Most Consecutive Games w/300+ Yards Passing - 6 (Young was the first QB to do this in 1998; Kurt Warner (2000) and Rich Gannon (2002) have since tied the mark)[6]

* One of only 4 QB's to lead the league in touchdown passes 4 times (tied w/Johnny Unitas, Brett Favre, and Len Dawson)[6]

* Most Passes Attempted, Playoff Game - 65 vs. Green Bay, 1995[9]

* Most TD Passes, Playoff Game - 6 (tied w/Daryle Lamonica)[9]

* Most TD Passes in one Super Bowl - 6[10]

* Most Rushing Yards by a QB, Postseason Career - 594[11]

* Most Rushing Touchdowns by a QB, Postseason Career - 8[11]