Pro Bowl game needs fixing

papazoid

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the players like going to Hawaii and hang out for bit, play some backyard football and have some fun. I don't watch it anymore but I understand why the players like it.

Not to mention they get paid an amount that the average person would consider a large chunk of change.

The only all-star game among the 4 major sports that even comes close to resembling the game played during the regular season is baseball.

The other 3 are completely unwatchable.

The only way the games will ever go away is if the networks band together and refuse to televise that crap and/or sponsors refuse to buy advertising during the games.

Agreed. The games are a waste and are unwatchable!

NFL greed seeks to extract every nickel and dime possible.

#1- a tremendous amount of media from all over the world is already assembled for super bowl week. they are desperate for stories and interviews.

#2- they should NOT play the actual game.

#3- during the "off" weekend, and at the same city the super bowl is played at, they should have some type of awards show...like the ESPY's. this way ALL the actual winners can participate, including the super bowl players AND the injured players who otherwise pass on the game......no need to get the 4th, 5th or 6th alternates. coming up on stage we could actually see their faces, half those players you don't even recognize because of helmet rules, great for the players getting endoresement deals. a small video montage of the players highlights and a very short one minute acceptance speech. the event could be combined with the Hall of Fame announcements.

a huge public relations event.

Maybe the players like going to Hawaii and hang out for bit, play some backyard football and have some fun. I don't watch it anymore but I understand why the players like it.

Exactly. It's not an event for fans, it's a free vacation for players. It's like a saleman's quota trip.

We will never see again the days when a college football team plays an organized game against an NFL team. There are just too many reasons to list.

It is cool to look back and read about another era, when the college all-stars played the NFL Champion. I imagine nowadays the scores would be a little more lopsided.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_College_All-Star_Game

I watch the Pro Bowl every year and actually like it. This year's was lame. This is the first time I've ever seen guys flat out not even try. It was pathetic. In the past, it at least resembled a football game. I think Goodell's moving to where it is at least part of the problem. Not having the SB guys there makes it not even a real all star game as some of the best guys can't be in. It turned it kindof into a losers bowl. And, it's too close to the end of the playoffs.

Move it back to the week after the SB like it was. It was kindof a close out to the season. HOF game as opener and Pro Bowl as official end.

Not sure what to do to get guys to play harder. They used to.

As far as touch football game or skills competition or awards banquet to replace it, bah, I wouldn't watch that.

I wonder if there were a big purse for the game, like winning team gets to divide up 10 million bucks, it would net a better game.

You'd think the enhanced TV ratings would make it pay for itself.

Maybe 100K-200K isn't enough to get them excited, esp considering they tend to get a bonus for making it. Who knows?

You can't fix what is unfixable just take it for what it is a fun exhibition or get rid of it completely. Look at the NHL they just picked teams school yard style and played the game that way, it drew more attention to the game and made it better. I actually think they should just stop the Pro-Bowl and name a Pro-Bowl team without actually playing the game no one cares and I don't think the ratings are that good.