Jeff Fisher to part ways with Titans

/dev/null

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I'd prefer that the Titans hire George Edwards........I think this is Greggo's job to lose.

The Titans already play Williams' preferred defense and have 4-3 personnel. Easiest possible transition for the Titans, who really aren't bereft of talent by any means.

Edited by BADOLBILZ

Too bad we already have a coach...

Fisher will most likely take a year off ... maybe he'll be an adviser or do some TV. But next year he might not be a bad guy to look at (either as DC or head coach if Chan doesn't continue to improve).

Edited by tgreg99

My thoughts:

There are two franchises, run by elderly owners that are in complete disarray, and neither of them are Buffalo.

He won't coach this year. He'll probably have his pick of places next year.

While I'd prefer that the Titans hire George Edwards........I think this is Greggo's job to lose.

The Titans already play Williams' preferred defense and have 4-3 personnel. Easiest possible transition for the Titans, who really aren't bereft of talent by any means.

Only thing is why can him for someone from his coaching tree? Not saying I disagree... Probably just hoping to keep Gregg in nola.

The Titans are flat out crazy! They drop a coach like Fischer so long after the season and going into the next (Senior Bowl scouting), etc. Then they stick to their guns about getting rid of Young. No Coach, no staff, no QB - sweet.

Look at it this way - the Titans are in disarray while the Bills are doing HANDS ON evaluating of the top seniors in the country. Let's hope it translates...

Gregg, Mularky and Fewell on the short list for the job according to NFLN

INTRIGUE! :devil:

Yeah, I guess they each are due for a go on the carousel again. Who knows, maybe Mularkey and Greggo have learned from their respective HC's since their failures in the B-Lo. Fewell should show what he can do with the Giants D for another year, If the G-Men had made the playoffs, it would have helped his case. Though, his D was impressive relative to the talent that was there.

Yeah, I guess they each are due for a go on the carousel again. Who knows, maybe Mularkey and Greggo have learned from their respective HC's since their failures in the B-Lo. Fewell should show what he can do with the Giants D for another year, If the G-Men had made the playoffs, it would have helped his case. Though, his D was impressive relative to the talent that was there.

Mularkey was failed more then he failed himself. If he is given a good chance with a decent front office he can assemble a decent team.