Who is going to win the LOCKOUT BOWL?

major

The Lockout Bowl  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the CBA dispute?

• The Players
    • The Owners

We the fans have already lost. If we don't have games next year for any period of time, we lose. Also, we lose every week. We the fans pay outrageous sums of money for concessions, tickets, parking, jerseys, NFL Sunday ticket, etc... We lose all of the time. The sad thing is we allow it to happen.

Players won last time owners win this time. I'm all for a longer season and rookie salary cap, so I'm with the owners on this. However the roster needs to be increased to 60 players and for God's sake every one gets to play not this 53 guys but only 45 dress BS.

The owners will get what they want they will just use replacement players and the players will cross the line of course.

The owners will win because they have all the leverage. Tv contracts are guaranteed regardless of whether there is a season or not, so if there is no season the owners will make BIG money. Many teams clear only around 2-7 million a year after all expenses, if Forbes can be believed. Take away players salary from that equation, and after accounting for lost revenues from the gameday take, they still come out way ahead. Some articles I've seen said teams could make the same profit in a lockout year that they would otherwise make in 10 seasons of play.

When the lockout officially begins, I'll probably side with the players. However, I'm all but certain the owners will win in the end. We'll see. Let the real games begin.

The players will always be the huge winners. The owners are already multi million or billionaires without the NFL. The players come from all kinds of back grounds, some with and some without legitimate college degrees, and earn millions of dollars. That is crazy. I don't care if they are "entertainers" and all elite "entertainers" earn millions. I don't care that they put their lives on the line, and in many cases risk major injuries and have major problems after their careers are over with their health. You can say the exact same thing about fire fighters, police officers and military soldiers.

I wish the 32 owners of the NFL would shut the whole thing down and start it all over again. The goal would be to cater to the average fan instead of television and corporations. Every major sport should do the exact same thing, especially in today's economic times. Here is what should happen:

1) Every NFL team should sign a 50 year irrovocable lease with their current cities and should go back to paying those cities and counties good money for the right to play in those publicly funded stadiums, including going back to paying those cities and counties parking and concessions money. (The very few owners that paid for their own stadiums with zero public funding can be free to negotiate more favorable leasing terms, but they should still sign a 50 year lease.)

2) PSL's should be banned. (However owners could still charge for their luxury suites whatever their individual markets will bear)

3) All ticket prices for seats in every NFL stadium should be cut by at least 50%.

4) Screw Los Angeles. The NFL should not allow any current team to move there, but instead force them to start from scratch as an expansion team - and in fact add another expansion team from another city that has never had NFL football to keep the number of teams even.

So how on earth do the owners afford to take these 4 fan-friendly steps you might ask? Very easy - reduce the money they pay the players. Cut the salary cap in half - at least. What is it now, (or what was it before this past 2010 uncapped season) - about 125 Million dollars per year per team? Are you freakin' kidding me? Cut that in half, and each team will immediately save 62.5 Million dollars. Per year. Gee, that means Tom Brady and Peyton Manning will only earn 8 Million dollars each instead of 16 Million per season?? How on earth will they ever survive?? And the last guy on the team - the 53rd guy to make the roster, will have to "get by" on only $100,000.00 per season instead of $200,000.00?? Are you telling me that some 7th round draft choice or rookie free agent that over-performs and beats the odds to make the roster at the final cut, won't think it's worth "his trouble" to earn $100,000.00 per season? What are his other options, a sweet $30,000.00 a year entry level marketing job in the real world - if (and that's a huge if) he earned a bachelors degree in college??

I say shut it all down owners, and start it up again from scratch. Every major sport should cut it's payroll by half at the end of their current seasons, and give that money back to the average fans who cannot afford to even attend any of the games anymore. But first and foremost, the NFL needs to do that. They won't of course. But I would love to see it because really....what could the players do??

We the fans have already lost. If we don't have games next year for any period of time, we lose. Also, we lose every week. We the fans pay outrageous sums of money for concessions, tickets, parking, jerseys, NFL Sunday ticket, etc... We lose all of the time. The sad thing is we allow it to happen.

Why are the fans gonna lose if the games aren't played? The fans will win by having more money in their pocket to put to better use!

Bring on the lockout!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

We can live without these douches for a while.

Why are the fans gonna lose if the games aren't played? The fans will win by having more money in their pocket to put to better use!

Bring on the lockout!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

We can live without these douches for a while.

I have been around for a while, lived through the strike in the 90's.(Jimbo stayed out) I saw the replacement players (sad sack football),and I saw the game after the players came back (on one weeks practice), if was almost as bad, bad football from out of shape and non trained players. The first few games back were almost as bad as the replacement players!!!(Need a preseason to get it right, didn't have it) I was a season ticket holder, and had options the Bills gave us. I elected to take back ALL of my money, and bought an AKC registered ST Bernard and skipped their subpar season entirely. I am still a season ticket holder, but if they do this dirt to us again, I will walk permanently!!!

The players will always be the huge winners. The owners are already multi million or billionaires without the NFL. The players come from all kinds of back grounds, some with and some without legitimate college degrees, and earn millions of dollars. That is crazy. I don't care if they are "entertainers" and all elite "entertainers" earn millions. I don't care that they put their lives on the line, and in many cases risk major injuries and have major problems after their careers are over with their health. You can say the exact same thing about fire fighters, police officers and military soldiers.

I wish the 32 owners of the NFL would shut the whole thing down and start it all over again. The goal would be to cater to the average fan instead of television and corporations. Every major sport should do the exact same thing, especially in today's economic times. Here is what should happen:

1) Every NFL team should sign a 50 year irrovocable lease with their current cities and should go back to paying those cities and counties good money for the right to play in those publicly funded stadiums, including going back to paying those cities and counties parking and concessions money. (The very few owners that paid for their own stadiums with zero public funding can be free to negotiate more favorable leasing terms, but they should still sign a 50 year lease.)

2) PSL's should be banned. (However owners could still charge for their luxury suites whatever their individual markets will bear)

3) All ticket prices for seats in every NFL stadium should be cut by at least 50%.

4) Screw Los Angeles. The NFL should not allow any current team to move there, but instead force them to start from scratch as an expansion team - and in fact add another expansion team from another city that has never had NFL football to keep the number of teams even.

So how on earth do the owners afford to take these 4 fan-friendly steps you might ask? Very easy - reduce the money they pay the players. Cut the salary cap in half - at least. What is it now, (or what was it before this past 2010 uncapped season) - about 125 Million dollars per year per team? Are you freakin' kidding me? Cut that in half, and each team will immediately save 62.5 Million dollars. Per year. Gee, that means Tom Brady and Peyton Manning will only earn 8 Million dollars each instead of 16 Million per season?? How on earth will they ever survive?? And the last guy on the team - the 53rd guy to make the roster, will have to "get by" on only $100,000.00 per season instead of $200,000.00?? Are you telling me that some 7th round draft choice or rookie free agent that over-performs and beats the odds to make the roster at the final cut, won't think it's worth "his trouble" to earn $100,000.00 per season? What are his other options, a sweet $30,000.00 a year entry level marketing job in the real world - if (and that's a huge if) he earned a bachelors degree in college??

I say shut it all down owners, and start it up again from scratch. Every major sport should cut it's payroll by half at the end of their current seasons, and give that money back to the average fans who cannot afford to even attend any of the games anymore. But first and foremost, the NFL needs to do that. They won't of course. But I would love to see it because really....what could the players do??

Are you a communist or something?

Look at how many players go bankrupt without a lockout going on. Missing game checks is going to be too much for too many players to bear, and they'll settle. I think their only real shot is decertifying the union and seeing what they can get in court.

Only because they live beyond their means and make bad business decisions. Most of the players going bankrupt have gotten involved in realestate or construction or restraunts that have tanked. Alot of these guys go out and just throw their money away on cars they don't need, ridiculous mansions even when they're single, and $1,500 bottles of whatever at the clubs. There are very few who look beyond the moment and realize that this money should easily carry them through the rest of their lives.

When the lockout officially begins, I'll probably side with the players. However, I'm all but certain the owners will win in the end. We'll see. Let the real games begin.

I think neither side will feel that they "won." My guess is thast the owners have more leverage and probably more patience.

While I don't think it will happen I would not be shocked if the owners let the season go down the tubes to hold out for a good deal. Public financing of stadiums is probably nearly dead with the current economic situation. Therefore, league financing of stadiums and the owners desire to keep more of the "pie" will likely make coming to a settlement difficult.

Are you a communist or something?

Yeah sure, I'm a communist because I would like the fans whose taxes pay for the vast majority of the stadiums NFL teams play in be able to afford to attend the damn games, right?

I'm a communist because I would like to see the owners cut the ridiculous amount of money they pay the players in half, and use it to cut the fans' cost to watch their teams play in half.

In other words, because I want Chris Kelsay to only earn 3 Million dollars a year instead of 6 Million dollars a year, that makes me a communist. Think about that. Chris Kelsay would have to scrape by playing in my "Soviet Union NFL" on only 3 Million Dollars per season.

Owners are determined to no only win, but to win while shoving it down the players throats. Could set the stage fo a lo of animosity for years to come...