Here is my Mock

Thoner7

With the college football season officially over its time for me to put my Mock Draft out there for Buffalo. Its impossible to predict where these guys go but I try to be realistic, basing my projections off of a lot of a multitude of others rankings, and adjusting for my opinions on some players (Like Sherrod being an average 2nd round T and not a top 10 guy like others think). In my mock I list multiple players at each pick bc of this too. Some are stretches (like C. Heyward) but at least one on my list is a lock to be available IMO. We will see how this picture looks after the combine/senior bowls.

I have ranked my guys in the order I would take them if they were all available.

1- Fairley, Bowers, Dareus. I would like to trade back to 8-15 if possible and pick up a 2012 pick or two (the goal of this is to make a move for Luck in 2012). If we can do that my list looks like Dareus, Quinn, Carimi, Clayborne.

2- Martez Wilson -Illinois (64 250# ILB who runs a sub 4.5 40. A RS Jr that just declared. Team captain too), Cameron Heyward DL, M. Pouncy OL , JJ Watt DL, M. Cannon OL, Kyle Rudolf TE, M. Austin DL B. Gabbert QB, D. Sherrod OL, D. Love OL, Wisniewski (the penn st C/G).

3&4- This is hard because I have no real idea where in these rounds these guys will go but Im fairly certain we could land 3 of them in this group with our 1x 3 and 2x 4s.

- Mark Herlich LB, BC. Would have been a 2009 1st rounder if not for being diagnosed with Cancer.

- James Carpenter, G/RT, Alabama. A monster of a road grader. Could have started at G or RT this past season for the Bills

- Casey Mathews. He is athletic but small. I expect him to be a late bloomer just like his Bro who walked on at SC and only started 1 year. His lineage should be taken into account too.

- John Moffit, G from Wisconsin. Awesome OLman, coulda started at G for us this year.

- Luke Stocker, TE from Tenn. 66 250, plays like former Vol Jason Witten.

- Dontay Moch - Nev OLB. Very fast and decent strength but Im not sure about this guys football IQ or insticts. Technique is poor too. Great athlete though, doubtfull he is available.

- Drake Nevis DL LSU.

5- I normally stop at rd 4 because after that you are reaching for guys who arent available. But after watching Auburns DL last night I am adding big # 93 from Auburn, Mike Blanc, hold up so well vrs 2 lineman I want him too. Astrobot/Drafttec has him as a mid 5th rounder, so if thats accurate, he is available when we pick.

Figuring we dont trade our top pick, at Worst case scenario we could get Dareus, Austin, Herlich/Mathews, Moffit/Carpenter, and Blanc. 3 Dl, 1 OL, 1 LB, and 1 non-used 4th on someone else.

If you didnt notice I have no RBs, WRs, or DBs. I only have one QB (Gabbert) and he is one of my last options of the 2nd round. This draft is all DL, OL, LBs, and works with a 3-4 or 4-3. If The Bills take these players in each round they will have had the best draft in team history.

Let me know what you think. What players would you add/remove to my list and in what rounds?

Edited by Thoner7

While I believe we need a franchise QB badly, I'm not 100% sold on any QB who will be available. In conclusion, I second your list 110%. All you have targeted at their respective projections are just what the doctor ordered, including TE Kyle Rudolf in the 2nd. Already a very good reciever, this guy has the frame (6'5 265) to grow into a solid blocker as well. On board with your whole list. :thumbsup:

Edited by JStranger76

Not bad bro. Alot of realistic options. I wouldn't mind Fairley, Dareus, or Bowers in the 1st. My hope is that we can trade back with a team who is sold on a QB and get Von Miller in the 1st while picking up an additional 2nd or 3rd, but hopefully a 2nd.

Excellent draft. I think somewhere in the 3-4 round if available I would certainly take Luke Stocker TE of the Vols and I really was impressed with the linebacker Tank Carder from TCU but that is based on the one game I saw him play. I have no idea where he will be on the draft board but I like his style.

With the college football season officially over its time for me to put my Mock Draft out there for Buffalo. Its impossible to predict where these guys go but I try to be realistic, basing my projections off of a lot of a multitude of others rankings, and adjusting for my opinions on some players (Like Sherrod being an average 2nd round T and not a top 10 guy like others think). In my mock I list multiple players at each pick bc of this too. Some are stretches (like C. Heyward) but at least one on my list is a lock to be available IMO. We will see how this picture looks after the combine/senior bowls.

I have ranked my guys in the order I would take them if they were all available.

1- Fairley, Bowers, Dareus. I would like to trade back to 8-15 if possible and pick up a 2012 pick or two (the goal of this is to make a move for Luck in 2012). If we can do that my list looks like Dareus, Quinn, Carimi, Clayborne.

2- Martez Wilson -Illinois (6’4’’ 250# ILB who runs a sub 4.5 40. A RS Jr that just declared. Team captain too), Cameron Heyward DL, M. Pouncy OL , JJ Watt DL, M. Cannon OL, Kyle Rudolf TE, M. Austin DL B. Gabbert QB, D. Sherrod OL, D. Love OL, Wisniewski (the penn st C/G).

3&4- This is hard because I have no real idea where in these rounds these guys will go but I’m fairly certain we could land 3 of them in this group with our 1x 3 and 2x 4s.

- Mark Herlich LB, BC. Would have been a 2009 1st rounder if not for being diagnosed with Cancer.

- James Carpenter, G/RT, Alabama. A monster of a road grader. Could have started at G or RT this past season for the Bills

- Casey Mathews. He is athletic but small. I expect him to be a late bloomer just like his Bro who walked on at SC and only started 1 year. His lineage should be taken into account too.

- John Moffit, G from Wisconsin. Awesome OLman, coulda started at G for us this year.

- Luke Stocker, TE from Tenn. 6’6’’ 250, plays like former Vol Jason Witten.

- Dontay Moch - Nev OLB. Very fast and decent strength but Im not sure about this guys football IQ or insticts. Technique is poor too. Great athlete though, doubtfull he is available.

- Drake Nevis – DL LSU.

5- I normally stop at rd 4 because after that you are reaching for guys who aren’t available. But after watching Auburns DL last night I am adding big # 93 from Auburn, Mike Blanc, hold up so well vrs 2 lineman I want him too. Astrobot/Drafttec has him as a mid 5th rounder, so if that’s accurate, he is available when we pick.

Figuring we don’t trade our top pick, at Worst case scenario we could get Dareus, Austin, Herlich/Mathews, Moffit/Carpenter, and Blanc. 3 Dl, 1 OL, 1 LB, and 1 non-used 4th on someone else.

If you didn’t notice I have no RBs, WRs, or DBs. I only have one QB (Gabbert) and he is one of my last options of the 2nd round. This draft is all DL, OL, LBs, and works with a 3-4 or 4-3. If The Bills take these players in each round they will have had the best draft in team history.

Let me know what you think. What players would you add/remove to my list and in what rounds?

good idea to stockpile picks.

IVE been watching the way many of this years players are being rated ,so far. it seems that the top of the second round has players of quality but not priority or the profile the bills have used recently. under chan. unless some one we like drops i think you may see the bills trade down in the second ,their are alot of players at need position in the mid to late second,,

your draft is good ,except i doubt watts,gabert,hayward,wisnewski or rudolph will last till second..

id go fairley ,dareus ,then bowers., taking moffitt and herzlich in the 4th,sounds good,

Excellent draft. I think somewhere in the 3-4 round if available I would certainly take Luke Stocker TE of the Vols and I really was impressed with the linebacker Tank Carder from TCU but that is based on the one game I saw him play. I have no idea where he will be on the draft board but I like his style.

Tank Carder – Another guy I really liked but forgot about (also only saw one game). He made lots op intelligent plays and I want intelligent players. Put him in the 3rd-4th slot ahead of Moch and Nevis but not before the OLmen and other LBs. Thanks Tennesse.

Where is the RT that can come in and start for us in your draft Thoner?

Or are you including that in your trade down scenario.....

I would like to know what peoples opinions of Nate Soldier (OT) are.....he seems like a guy that could be there for our 2nd pick.....

While I would like to add a RT that can come in and start ( our weakest position IMO, Carimi being my favorite) I simply cannot find one with good value in this draft – I am very sour on this years crop of Ts. Carimi in the trade down would be a guy, but not over Dareus or Quinn. In the second, Love, Sherrod, and Cannon may be there with Cannon being my top choice, but not over the LBs or DL I have. I guess it could be wise to take a T instead of another DT though – but then you are caught reaching. With a interior talent like Pouncy being available Id rather take him over a weaker tackle, he could make Woods move to C permanent (Pouncy can’t snap the ball and thus cannot be a C.)

Nate Soldier I think is the worst one I have seen honestly. He is really tall which works to his DISadvantage IMO. He doesn’t have the feet to be a tackle in the NFL and doesn’t have the bend to get low either. I really don’t like him and I have to believe he would be off the board before I would be comfortable drafting him.

Not bad bro. Alot of realistic options. I wouldn't mind Fairley, Dareus, or Bowers in the 1st. My hope is that we can trade back with a team who is sold on a QB and get Von Miller in the 1st while picking up an additional 2nd or 3rd, but hopefully a 2nd.

Trading down and landing miller would be the best option imo. If we stay put, I'm hoping for fairley. Dudes a beast. 34-end or 43 dt. He and Kyle would be a great pairing. I'm not as sold on bowers due to our scheme, unless we switch back to a 4-3. Darieus is a beast, but I rather have Von miller leading our defense. The kids a real winner. He lays the thunder on the field and lead the team in the clubhouse.

Trading down and landing miller would be the best option imo. If we stay put, I'm hoping for fairley. Dudes a beast. 34-end or 43 dt. He and Kyle would be a great pairing. I'm not as sold on bowers due to our scheme, unless we switch back to a 4-3. Darieus is a beast, but I rather have Von miller leading our defense. The kids a real winner. He lays the thunder on the field and lead the team in the clubhouse.

I think the Bills should trade down. Nick Fairley will be already taken and Defense lineman Da'Quan Bowers, Cameron Jordan, Robert Quinn, Marcell Dareus and J.J. Watt will still be available. The problem is to find a team that wants to trade up for something other than a Defense Lineman. Possible teams are Detriot (13th) needs a corner and might trade up for CB Prince Amukamara. Cleveland (6th) needs a Wide receiver and might trade up for WR AJ Green. StLouis (14th) who justed missed the playoffs needs both a CB and a WR. A Trade down would net the Bills multiple picks, what WE all can agree are needed. THat kind of trade would give the team a building block for the future.

1.(14th) Ryan Mallet QB, Arkanas. QB of the Future.

2.(34th) Aldon Smith OLB, Missouri. 3-4 pass rusher team needs.

2.(46th) DJ Williams TE, Arkanas. Mallets favorite target in college.

3.(67th) Kelvin Sheppard ILB, Run stopping ILB.

4.(99th) Chris Hairston OT, Clemson. Blocked for Spiller in college.

4.(119th) Christian Ballard DE, Iowa. Depth on the line.

5.(133th) Wayne Daniels OLB, TCU. Need a pass rush people.

6.(167th) Dom DeCicco SS, Pittsburgh. Depth at safety.

7.(199th) Derek Newton OT, Arkanas St, Depth on OL.

Plus we get a second round pick next year in that trade.

2- Martez Wilson -Illinois (64 250# ILB who runs a sub 4.5 40. A RS Jr that just declared. Team captain too), Cameron Heyward DL, M. Pouncy OL , JJ Watt DL, M. Cannon OL, Kyle Rudolf TE, M. Austin DL B. Gabbert QB, D. Sherrod OL, D. Love OL, Wisniewski (the penn st C/G).

3&4- This is hard because I have no real idea where in these rounds these guys will go but Im fairly certain we could land 3 of them in this group with our 1x 3 and 2x 4s.

- Luke Stocker, TE from Tenn. 66 250, plays like former Vol Jason Witten.

- Drake Nevis DL LSU.

5- I normally stop at rd 4 because after that you are reaching for guys who arent available. But after watching Auburns DL last night I am adding big # 93 from Auburn, Mike Blanc, hold up so well vrs 2 lineman I want him too. Astrobot/Drafttec has him as a mid 5th rounder, so if thats accurate, he is available when we pick.

Figuring we dont trade our top pick, at Worst case scenario we could get Dareus, Austin, Herlich/Mathews, Moffit/Carpenter, and Blanc. 3 Dl, 1 OL, 1 LB, and 1 non-used 4th on someone else.

If you didnt notice I have no RBs, WRs, or DBs. I only have one QB (Gabbert) and he is one of my last options of the 2nd round. This draft is all DL, OL, LBs, and works with a 3-4 or 4-3. If The Bills take these players in each round they will have had the best draft in team history.

Excellent work. There are a variety of approaches to take. I still believe that if Newton is deemed as a worthy franchise qb I would take him and continue on rebuilding this hollow organization. But for now let's put my biases aside.

Your picks have a clear theme. Get bigger and stronger. What the two Jet games embarrassingly demonstrated is that our defense (front seven) was physically overmatched. Getting a couple of contributing players and a free agent acquisition or two in free agency will at least put the defense in position to compete. Last season's run defense and pass rush was atrocious. It was tough to watch. It was ugly.

Edited by JohnC

If Matthews is available in the 3rd round I'll be shocked. Don't be surprised if he rises to late 1st and definitely will not get out of the 2nd. I wouldn't mind us taking him with #2. He looked pretty good last night. His brother was thought to be small too but he's worked out pretty well.

If Matthews is available in the 3rd round I'll be shocked. Don't be surprised if he rises to late 1st and definitely will not get out of the 2nd. I wouldn't mind us taking him with #2. He looked pretty good last night. His brother was thought to be small too but he's worked out pretty well.

Actually, me too. Another mock that I looked at had him mid-2nd round. I think Casey Matthews opened a lot of eyes with his play last night, let alone, he'd draw attention because of his lineage. I'd never discount a LB's size if he is a playmaker. Look at Zach Thomas and London Fletcher as two examples.