Here is my Mock

Thoner7

IMO:

#1 Car - Fairley (esp now with Rivera at the helm)

#2 Den - Peterson

#3 Buf - ? (prolly Bowers or Dareus)

Now, I must say the game I watched Clemson play this year (South Carolina) I was a tad on the underwhelmed side with Bowers. He was handled by one Olineman for most of the day and, once he the play was away from him, he wasn't going 100%. That said he did have huge stats in the sack category this year.

I don't think any team can miss with Fairley. He's big, NFL-ready, mean and "dirty." I think the Bills could use about three of those types of guys but I'd be shocked if he fell to #3. Happy but shocked.

With the college football season officially over its time for me to put my Mock Draft out there for Buffalo. Its impossible to predict where these guys go but I try to be realistic, basing my projections off of a lot of a multitude of others rankings, and adjusting for my opinions on some players (Like Sherrod being an average 2nd round T and not a top 10 guy like others think). In my mock I list multiple players at each pick bc of this too. Some are stretches (like C. Heyward) but at least one on my list is a lock to be available IMO. We will see how this picture looks after the combine/senior bowls.

I have ranked my guys in the order I would take them if they were all available.

1- Fairley, Bowers, Dareus. I would like to trade back to 8-15 if possible and pick up a 2012 pick or two (the goal of this is to make a move for Luck in 2012). If we can do that my list looks like Dareus, Quinn, Carimi, Clayborne.

2- Martez Wilson -Illinois (6’4’’ 250# ILB who runs a sub 4.5 40. A RS Jr that just declared. Team captain too), Cameron Heyward DL, M. Pouncy OL , JJ Watt DL, M. Cannon OL, Kyle Rudolf TE, M. Austin DL B. Gabbert QB, D. Sherrod OL, D. Love OL, Wisniewski (the penn st C/G).

3&4- This is hard because I have no real idea where in these rounds these guys will go but I’m fairly certain we could land 3 of them in this group with our 1x 3 and 2x 4s.

- Mark Herlich LB, BC. Would have been a 2009 1st rounder if not for being diagnosed with Cancer.

- James Carpenter, G/RT, Alabama. A monster of a road grader. Could have started at G or RT this past season for the Bills

- Casey Mathews. He is athletic but small. I expect him to be a late bloomer just like his Bro who walked on at SC and only started 1 year. His lineage should be taken into account too.

- John Moffit, G from Wisconsin. Awesome OLman, coulda started at G for us this year.

- Luke Stocker, TE from Tenn. 6’6’’ 250, plays like former Vol Jason Witten.

- Dontay Moch - Nev OLB. Very fast and decent strength but Im not sure about this guys football IQ or insticts. Technique is poor too. Great athlete though, doubtfull he is available.

- Drake Nevis – DL LSU.

5- I normally stop at rd 4 because after that you are reaching for guys who aren’t available. But after watching Auburns DL last night I am adding big # 93 from Auburn, Mike Blanc, hold up so well vrs 2 lineman I want him too. Astrobot/Drafttec has him as a mid 5th rounder, so if that’s accurate, he is available when we pick.

Figuring we don’t trade our top pick, at Worst case scenario we could get Dareus, Austin, Herlich/Mathews, Moffit/Carpenter, and Blanc. 3 Dl, 1 OL, 1 LB, and 1 non-used 4th on someone else.

If you didn’t notice I have no RBs, WRs, or DBs. I only have one QB (Gabbert) and he is one of my last options of the 2nd round. This draft is all DL, OL, LBs, and works with a 3-4 or 4-3. If The Bills take these players in each round they will have had the best draft in team history.

Let me know what you think. What players would you add/remove to my list and in what rounds?

Anything remotely like this would make me smile. Smile heck I'd be dancing down the hallway.