Saints would have offered a 3rd round pick

zevo

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, this should have been addressed by the Bills organization by now.

I see absolutely no gain to the Bills organization addressing off the record comments relayed through a reporter.

The funny part of all this is that if anyone on the Saints Defense could make a tackle we would not be having this discussion!!!

The hysterical part is that the headline isn't "over-hyped Saints Defense exposed severely causing many an NFL expert to look foolish", or, "hey, isn't that Saints Defensive Coordinator the same coach who couldn't find a way to beat Pittsburgh's 2nd and 3rd String", or, "Isn't that the Offensive Coordinator who is famous for having one good year, and then being awful for the next 3?".

Instead, due to some quick work by the Saints management and coaches, and skillful manipulation of the media, instead of talking about the team that lost the game, everyone is talking about the team that wasn't even there. :blink::rolleyes:

So, the Saints say IF we had just called them, they would have offered us a 3rd. And Buddy was supposed to read their minds.

Well, since we're dealing with fantasy-land here... IF the Saints had just called us and offered a 2nd, they still might be in the playoffs right now.

Their fault.

Edited by DrDankenstein

The hysterical part is that the headline isn't "over-hyped Saints Defense exposed severely causing many an NFL expert to look foolish", or, "hey, isn't that Saints Defensive Coordinator the same coach who couldn't find a way to beat Pittsburgh's 2nd and 3rd String", or, "Isn't that the Offensive Coordinator who is famous for having one good year, and then being awful for the next 3?".

Instead, due to some quick work by the Saints management and coaches, and skillful manipulation of the media, instead of talking about the team that lost the game, everyone is talking about the team that wasn't even there. :blink::rolleyes:

"Saints blame 4-12 team for playoff loss"

It's even funnier how the usual naysayers are gobbling this entire story hook, line, and sinker in their never-ending desperate attempts to be "right".

I see absolutely no gain to the Bills organization addressing off the record comments relayed through a reporter.

PR gain.

Glazer made a stinging accusation of incompetence to a huge national audience directly aimed at the Bills front office. Isn't clearing up messes what PR people are paid to do? The fact that the Bills remain silent makes me start to wonder whether Glazer was telling the truth.

The Bills act like its still the 80s, the internet has yet to be invented and that their fans a bunch of rubes. It's a new world and their silence is making them look guilty as charged.

PR gain.

Glazer made a stinging accusation of incompetence to a huge national audience directly aimed at the Bills front office. Isn't clearing up messes what PR people are paid to do? The fact that the Bills remain silent makes me start to wonder whether Glazer was telling the truth.

The Bills act like its still the 80s, the internet has yet to be invented and that their fans a bunch of rubes. It's a new world and their silence is making them look guilty as charged.

It's more that the only people who care are message board cranks with nothing better to do. These reporter scoops have the shelf life of an open can of soda.

PTR

"Saints blame 4-12 team for playoff loss"

It's even funnier how the usual naysayers are gobbling this entire story hook, line, and sinker in their never-ending desperate attempts to be "right".

If they are right, then they need to prove my reporting wrong. They need to prove that the Bills weren't looking for a 5th and next year's 6-7th for Lynch, and jumped at the chance to get a 4th and next year's 4-5th.

It's a perfectly reasonable assertion that is impossible to prove one way or the other as well. I do have a very reliable inside source and have posted material from him on this board in the past. So, my story is just as credible as Glazer's.

IIRC correctly, you're a science guy, so, Occam's razor. What is more likely?

Glazer "knows" that the Bills foolishly passed on a 3 that they knew was there for the taking

-or-

grief-stricken Saints front office looking to deflect utter failure of defense to tackle

-or-

butt-hurt media looking to deflect their complete failure to properly analyze a football game, and their insistence on running with the made-for-tv Katrina Saints Movie?

Next time pick up the damn phone and call yourself.

What good would it have done for them to call themselves? I kid...I agree with your point. It does seem like most of the Jay Glazer reports are crap and it seems as though he likes to pick on the Bills front office a lot. In his defense, they make it easy.

If they are right, then they need to prove my reporting wrong. They need to prove that the Bills weren't looking for a 5th and next year's 6-7th for Lynch, and jumped at the chance to get a 4th and next year's 4-5th.

It's a perfectly reasonable assertion that is impossible to prove one way or the other as well. I do have a very reliable inside source and have posted material from him on this board in the past. So, my story is just as credible as Glazer's.

IIRC correctly, you're a science guy, so, Occam's razor. What is more likely?

Glazer "knows" that the Bills foolishly passed on a 3 that they knew was there for the taking

-or-

grief-stricken Saints front office looking to deflect utter failure of defense to tackle

-or-

butt-hurt media looking to deflect their complete failure to properly analyze a football game, and their insistence on running with the made-for-tv Katrina Saints Movie?

Yeah i'm a science guy, so the simplest explanation to me is to wonder why, if the saints felt so spurned, did they wait until now to leak the story? Their timing is extremely fishy seeing how the guy they supposedly would have given anything for (yet never actually made a real offer) just steamrolled their asses out of the playoffs.

Seems like sour grapes by everyone involved.

It's more that the only people who care are message board cranks with nothing better to do. These reporter scoops have the shelf life of an open can of soda.

PTR

You think that Bills fans won't be looking who's available and who we could have selected when the Saints pick comes in the 3rd round? Not only that, the Bills also will have to hope that any player picked between that pick and the Bills pick doesn't turn out to be a good to great player. These things take on a life of their own and ignoring this will only make it grow larger in scope.

What good would it have done for them to call themselves? I kid...I agree with your point. It does seem like most of the Jay Glazer reports are crap and it seems as though he likes to pick on the Bills front office a lot. In his defense, they make it easy.

I have no problem with Glazer relaying that the Saints told him that they would have offered more than the Seahawks. My problem is is lame-brained analysis afterwards. Must be the 'roids.

PR gain.

What is there to respond to? Someone makes an anonymous comment to Jay Glazer and suddenly it's a PR disaster? If you get worked up over that it's not the Bills' fault.

I just really hope its not true.

Well, if it IS TRUE, then the Saints front office and Mickey Loomis really are the ones that look bad. They are the team that apparently wanted and needed M Lynhc for a 3rd but they decided not to make that offer a few days before the trade deadline no less. Did it cost them an opportunity to go on in the playoffs and defend the NFL Championship? If so, then the national media (Jay Glaser) should dress the Saints down since they did not make a firm offer.

So the Saints called the Bills, and said, "We're not going to tell you what we'd offer for Lynch, but if you call us we'll tell you what we would offer for Lynch. Okay, so I'm going to hang up now, and you call me back and then I'll tell you."?

Yeah, this story is bogus.

So the Saints called the Bills, and said, "We're not going to tell you what we'd offer for Lynch, but if you call us we'll tell you what we would offer for Lynch. Okay, so I'm going to hang up now, and you call me back and then I'll tell you."?

Yeah, this story is bogus.

if it is bogus the bills would have denied it