For those of you that want Lee Evans gone

If Lee was traded to ANY of the playoff teams in the offseason, what do you think his numbers would be? If you think that he s**** so badly, then it probably would not matter if Brady, Manning, or Rapelessburger were throwing him passes against us, right?

Do you realize that Lee Evans is the 12th highest paid player in the NFL? Allen Wilson said in a chat that the Bills could not trade Evans this year because no one would pick up his contract.

I just find it absolutely baffling that they broke the bank on a top-40 WR while going on the cheap at RT, LB, and key depth. And why did Evans get paid instead of Peters anyway? Does any successful GM think that a deep threat is more important than left tackle?

Sure, other teams would love to have him at half of his current salary. I also see no reason to cut him as I don't think this team should create a new hole. But you have to admit that this contract was another front office blunder.

Do you realize that Lee Evans is the 12th highest paid player in the NFL? Allen Wilson said in a chat that the Bills could not trade Evans this year because no one would pick up his contract.

I just find it absolutely baffling that they broke the bank on a top-40 WR while going on the cheap at RT, LB, and key depth. And why did Evans get paid instead of Peters anyway? Does any successful GM think that a deep threat is more important than left tackle?

Sure, other teams would love to have him at half of his current salary. I also see no reason to cut him as I don't think this team should create a new hole. But you have to admit that this contract was another front office blunder.

Who makes the ultimate decision on what and whether to sign a contract?

It ain't some hapless GM or Modrak it is Mr. Ralph.

Is the current plight Nix's fault?

Too early to indict but results do not look good so far.

Was the previous failure Jauron's fault?

Given the lack of a GM he has to be bear some of the blame.

Was the pren- GM phase Marv Levy's fault?

Sure. Granted the bust of McCargo is balanced by an extraordinary pick of Pro Bowl qualifier in the 5th but overall sure/

And so on TD, and so on Butler, and so on who fired Polian

Any blame anyone wants to cast really needs to start with Mr. Ralph or it is simply wrong. In fact it can end with Mr. Ralph as well as like it or not Modrak, Jauron, Levy, or whomever simply can not be blamed for the majority of the decade plus of inadequate results.

The same people crying over Lynch are the same ones calling him a draft bust and thug.

PTR

they are the same people that did not want vick :wallbash:

gabe lets be real jason peters sucks im glad we did not pay that bum, and if we want to trade lee we could in a heart beat most of his money was upfront.

if lee has a big year next year everyone will love him again.

we turn our backs on our players if they have a bad year but when we get rid of them and they do well we complain about or front office for it they cant win the fans will never be happy, we need to remember it is a team sport and one player is not to blame fix the o-line and the d-line things will be different

GO BILLS!!!! :thumbsup:

Of course, in almost 3 hours, no one has answered my question. If Evans s**** so bad, how do you think he would do on any of the current playoff teams next year? How would you project his performance if Brady, Brees, Mannning, Vick or Matt Ryan were throwing him passes?

only 11 people make more than 4 million a year?

Of course, in almost 3 hours, no one has answered my question. If Evans s**** so bad, how do you think he would do on any of the current playoff teams next year? How would you project his performance if Brady, Brees, Mannning, Vick or Matt Ryan were throwing him passes?

Evans would be at best a #2 receiver on any of those teams.

Who knows, or cares how a different #2 would do on one of those teams.

I will answer your question:

NE - Dangerous weapon for Brady who would really utilize his big play capability, especially how they spread the ball around and they cant shift so much attention to him.

Indy - MAJOR factor with Collie out and Mannings accuracy and how often they pass.

NO - Factor, but not as much as he could be on other teams...Brees has lots of people he throws to (multiple TE's, all his RB's and all the WR's) and he would just be another weapon in the arsenal. While he would be capable of a big game any week, more likely the ball gets spread around so much that no one really has huge game.

Phi - Dangerous weapon given all the attention DJ would get along with Maclin...Reid would have all 3 on the field a lot and in that offense coupled with Vicks duel threat, I could see Evans putting up some big games given how much they pass.

ATL - MAJOR factor given all the attention White draws as well as having a potent rushing game. Lee could get a lot of one on one looks and would be capable of putting up some big plays with Ryan tossing him the ball.

So, for the most part, I really feel like Lee would have a sizeable impact on the passing games of the teams you mentioned.

LoL - Yup! Most everyone wanted him outta here. He's gone - deal with it, people! :oops:

It's always best to dump one's better players and create more holes, when already enough exist that two or three drafts can't fill. Pure genius.

..............and thankfully you and the "nay sayers" don't make the decisions for the Bills. Yes, it's quite possible to be worse than the Bills brass and many here have displayed that already.

I don't know how he would do if any of those guys were throwing to him but as the saying goes "what have you done for me lately" i don't see him living up to the allegience that the fans are giving him let alone living up to his contract .

He is a great team mate and and has had flashes of being a good not great or a #2 not a #1 WR . but the great ones do it no matter what and he just seems to get lost more than finding his way .

Look at what TO did here disspite Edwards & what could he have done if Fitz was throwing to him all year and this year with a decent QB he had another great year that's what great WR's do & that not what Evans does i hate to say . I wish he did but when was his last worthy year ------ When Losman was throwing to him enough said !!!!!!!

i'm a Lee Evans fan....his salary is $4.25 mil next year...you keep him.

to answer your question directly, his numbers would improve in all those other locations.

the one area Lee has NOT improved in, is STRENGTH in upper body. that is what keeps him from being elite.

BIG PICTURE....in building a team, i would not invest big dollars or early draft picks in WR's, but at this point, at $4.25mil, Lee represents good value.

The same people crying over Lynch are the same ones calling him a draft bust and thug.

PTR

This is not true. I always wanted to keep Lynch but I do not have any use for Lee as Lee does not try and drops way too many balls (and at key times) for a #1 receiver, But that gets to his level of effort which is decidedly lacking. If he was traded to another team he may try for a while but in the end he will fail because he has no heart. I also would have liked to keep Peters, Clemens, Winfield, Pat Williams, London Fletcher, Greer, Leonard, & Spikes to name a few. McGahee meanwhile can kiss my @$$, never liked his attitude or production. How can you all keep defending Lee when he does not produce? Is it because he is quiet? can't be much else as he has shown nothing, absolutely nothing on the field for three years running.