A Bills Coaching Fire

K-Gun10

Fire Inside LineBackers coach Cross stay tune...............

Well, POZ ... there's your coach going bye bye next it will be the players who couldn't shed a block or who were carried 5-10 yards on runners' backs before they brought them down ...

Although we have some holes at the DE slots ... it was embarrassing seeing major gains right up the gut of our defense after Williams was doubled off.

Poz and crew were constantly blown backwards.

I give Buddy and Chan credit .... get out the broom and sweep.

All the inside info on Buddy and Chan seem to be right...they don't give a shiz about what anyone thinks. They'll do whatever it takes to get the job done.

What job is that? Another 4-12 season?

If they had just half a gonad they'd have sent Maybin and McCargo to the curb a long time ago. What a waste of roster spots.

Gailey has been pretty open about maybins play. I,see him gone if he isn't up to scratch at otas and training camp. Mccargo I'm still scratching my head over...i agree that dude needs to be either cut or promoted to janitor until he pays back all the money he has not earned. The sad thing about maybin is that we can't even trade him for a bag of chips.

All the inside info on Buddy and Chan seem to be right...they don't give a shiz about what anyone thinks. They'll do whatever it takes to get the job done.

As it should be.

If they had just half a gonad they'd have sent Maybin and McCargo to the curb a long time ago. What a waste of roster spots.

Not intelligent to cut Maybin now. He was just drafted two years ago and he has a pocketful of money. Might as well see

if he can turn it around. If he doesn't look good in TC you will get your wish.

I'm sure this will be the last year we see Maybin. They're probably giving him one more off-season/pre-season to get his stuff together and if he isn't what they think he should be, he'll be gone.

Yeah. Our LBs suck because of the "positional" coach.

Poz et al will miraculously learn to take better angles, not over-pursue, shed blocks, and maintain gap control once they get a new "positional" coach.

Right.

GO BILLS!!!

Here's what I think:

Thank God! Chuck Dickerson and his minions will be very happy someone got canned.

[Maybe] George edwards back to coaching LineBavkers and a new DC brought in?

Tony Sparano for DC. He'll be pissed at Miami. [Crap...] He is staying in Miami and he is an Offensive coach

Well, POZ ... there's your coach going bye bye next it will be the players who couldn't shed a block or who were carried 5-10 yards on runners' backs before they brought them down ... Although we have some holes at the DE slots ... it was embarrassing seeing major gains right up the gut of our defense after Williams was doubled off. Poz and crew were constantly blown backwards. I give Buddy and Chan credit .... get out the broom and sweep.

demontie cross u mean? ... Wasn't Demontie Cross one of the holdovers' from Jaurons' staff? i believe so.. he assisted on special teams i think, also.

All the inside info on Buddy and Chan seem to be right...they don't give a shiz about what anyone thinks. They'll do whatever it takes to get the job done. [Although,] If they had just half a gonad they'd have sent Maybin and McCargo to the curb a long time ago. What a waste of roster spots.

[True but] Gailey has been pretty open about maybins play. I,see him gone if he isn't up to scratch at otas and training camp. Mccargo I'm still scratching my head over...i agree that dude needs to be either cut or promoted to janitor until he pays back all the money he has not earned. The sad thing about maybin is that we can't even trade him for a bag of chips. [on the other hand, some would say.. its] Not intelligent to cut Maybin now. He was just drafted two years ago and he has a pocketful of money. Might as well see if he can turn it around. If he doesn't look good in TC you will get your wish.

[still yet] I'm sure this will be the last year we see Maybin. They're probably giving him one more off-season/pre-season to get his stuff together and if he isn't what they think he should be, he'll be gone. If I was maybin I wouldn't even leave buffalo.... I would stay there everyday and not leave the weightroom unless I had to take a crap.... He needs to gain some mass and watch film...

[it's funny that some people] didn't realize inside linebackers had their own coach.

Hopefully they'll get some new players as well.

[it'd be cool if they could] bring in mike singletary as the bills new ILB coach? [Ya know what would be funny?] Can you envision Singletary with his famous stare chewing out Poz for being a wuss.

Cross was a sacrificial hamster. .. yup... [some would agree]

That's about all I got. Good thread though :thumbsup:

Yeah. Our LBs suck because of the "positional" coach.

Poz et al will miraculously learn to take better angles, not over-pursue, shed blocks, and maintain gap control once they get a new "positional" coach.

Right.

GO BILLS!!!

Point taken K-9, but if the position coach can't see the mistakes the players are making during game film review, then what good is he. Players have bad habits and they can be corrected if it's pointed out to them and the change is ingrained into them. But to let them do it week in and week out, then the coach sucks just as much.

Here's what I think:

Thank God! Chuck Dickerson and his minions will be very happy someone got canned.

[Maybe] George edwards back to coaching LineBavkers and a new DC brought in?

Tony Sparano for DC. He'll be pissed at Miami. [Crap...] He is staying in Miami and he is an Offensive coach

Well, POZ ... there's your coach going bye bye next it will be the players who couldn't shed a block or who were carried 5-10 yards on runners' backs before they brought them down ... Although we have some holes at the DE slots ... it was embarrassing seeing major gains right up the gut of our defense after Williams was doubled off. Poz and crew were constantly blown backwards. I give Buddy and Chan credit .... get out the broom and sweep.

demontie cross u mean? ... Wasn't Demontie Cross one of the holdovers' from Jaurons' staff? i believe so.. he assisted on special teams i think, also.

All the inside info on Buddy and Chan seem to be right...they don't give a shiz about what anyone thinks. They'll do whatever it takes to get the job done. [Although,] If they had just half a gonad they'd have sent Maybin and McCargo to the curb a long time ago. What a waste of roster spots.

[True but] Gailey has been pretty open about maybins play. I,see him gone if he isn't up to scratch at otas and training camp. Mccargo I'm still scratching my head over...i agree that dude needs to be either cut or promoted to janitor until he pays back all the money he has not earned. The sad thing about maybin is that we can't even trade him for a bag of chips. [on the other hand, some would say.. its] Not intelligent to cut Maybin now. He was just drafted two years ago and he has a pocketful of money. Might as well see if he can turn it around. If he doesn't look good in TC you will get your wish.

[still yet] I'm sure this will be the last year we see Maybin. They're probably giving him one more off-season/pre-season to get his stuff together and if he isn't what they think he should be, he'll be gone. If I was maybin I wouldn't even leave buffalo.... I would stay there everyday and not leave the weightroom unless I had to take a crap.... He needs to gain some mass and watch film...

[it's funny that some people] didn't realize inside linebackers had their own coach.

Hopefully they'll get some new players as well.

[it'd be cool if they could] bring in mike singletary as the bills new ILB coach? [Ya know what would be funny?] Can you envision Singletary with his famous stare chewing out Poz for being a wuss.

Cross was a sacrificial hamster. .. yup... [some would agree]

That's about all I got. Good thread though :thumbsup:

Sparano isn't a defensive guy.

I think this is interesting for several reasons:

1. It means that the general affirmation of all the coaches which Gailey seemed to give is not actually and operative statement. While it is not good that there is even the perception that what Chan says and what he does are too different things, the wholesale endorsement of the coaches which this statement was interpreted as being was essentially nonsensical and undercut a central premise for any winning team that losing is ultimately not an option and jobs must be at risk based on results. Thank gosh somebody (s) paid with their jobs given the awful run D results (and arguably there should be more with Edwards on thin ice).

2. This points to where the braintrust feels there is a need for improvement in scheme and teaching for the awful run D results.

This makes sense though as when you look at the run D lack of production the ? is how do you make it better?

The choices are:

A. Better players

B. Better scheme

C. Better coordination (cause the players are good enough and the scheme is sound)

D. Better teaching and implementation

My guess is it likely is some combination of all of the above, but given that I think the DBs actually do well in many of these areas, the DL is actually not far from being better (it could use another stud player), the LBs actually need repair in a number of these areas and is the area I am most likely to simply tear down and start over. New leadership is likely a key to doing something very different.

Catavolos may be next in line...

I like the guy and he is a great coach in a Tampa-2/cover-2 scheme and his entire body of work coaching is in that background the Bills drafted safeties and DBs to pull off that "divide the field in two" scheme.

Of course all teams use a cover-2 now and then, but George seems lost when it comes to secondary play when used in a 3/4 defense; When trying to coach the secondary on reacting to the various zone blitz packages and having the DB's responsible for more man coverage with the free safety over top. Our terrible run defense covered up a very sub-par performance from our secondary getting burned deep, Bryd and Whitner taking bad angles, and stupid interference penalties in the red zone.

I disagree with some folks about the talent we have with Bryd, McKnucklehead, and our other DBs. They may not be the brightest bulbs on the tree, but the skill is there if they can be better coached.

IMO