American Idol Season 10

ajzepp

So basically, I've finally come on board with a lot of you who feel that Idol has already jumped the shark or is in the process of building up speed as they approach the ramp. Although I did tune in pretty much every week, the last two seasons have really struggled to maintain my interest. That being said, I'm actually glad that Simon and Kara are gone, and that we have some fresh bodies for judges. Simon just lost his edge from his earlier days on the show and he really just seemed to be there to collect a check. I've always been a huge Aerosmith fan, and Steven Tyler at least has the potential to be a polarizing and controversial judge, which may actually translate into entertainment. J-lo is as sexy as ever, but I don't know how interesting she'll be week in and week out. And Randy is Randy...

I really do enjoy the process of taking an unknown and turning them into a marketable pop performer, though...can't help it. And it's still undeniable just how many past contestants on this show have achieved some pretty impressive success as a result of their appearances on Idol. So I'm gonna give it a chance and see how some of these many changes work out.

In past seasons, what's made the show even more fun is logging on to TBD to see what all you guys are saying about the show and the contestants. Some of the threads we've had in the past have provided a ton of laughs, so hopefully we can rekindle a bit of that again this season. So no matter if you're a fan of the show or if you just love to have another opportunity to make fun of those of us who still watch this stuff, I hope you'll chime in from now until the finale some time in May! :thumbsup:

I think we're about two weeks away from the premiere, so hopefully this thread won't die out before then :lol:

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically, I've finally come on board with a lot of you who feel that Idol has already jumped the shark or is in the process of building up speed as they approach the ramp. Although I did tune in pretty much every week, the last two seasons have really struggled to maintain my interest. That being said, I'm actually glad that Simon and Kara are gone, and that we have some fresh bodies for judges. Simon just lost his edge from his earlier days on the show and he really just seemed to be there to collect a check. I've always been a huge Aerosmith fan, and Steven Tyler at least has the potential to be a polarizing and controversial judge, which may actually translate into entertainment. J-lo is as sexy as ever, but I don't know how interesting she'll be week in and week out. And Randy is Randy...

I really do enjoy the process of taking an unknown and turning them into a marketable pop performer, though...can't help it. And it's still undeniable just how many past contestants on this show have achieved some pretty impressive success as a result of their appearances on Idol. So I'm gonna give it a chance and see how some of these many changes work out.

In past seasons, what's made the show even more fun is logging on to TBD to see what all you guys are saying about the show and the contestants. Some of the threads we've had in the past have provided a ton of laughs, so hopefully we can rekindle a bit of that again this season. So no matter if you're a fan of the show or if you just love to have another opportunity to make fun of those of us who still watch this stuff, I hope you'll chime in from now until the finale some time in May! :thumbsup:

I think we're about two weeks away from the premiere, so hopefully this thread won't die out before then :lol:

We have not watched for a long time in my house. Not sure why, we just have not. For a long time, my kids really liked that Biggest Loser show, and I think Idol was on at the same time maybe? It was alwas on the DVR, but we always erased before watcing.

Now we are watch the Glee together, and that is on Tuesday night as well..and i hate to say it but I really like that show.

We still watch--at least the top 10.

You can't deny the success of American Idol. Consider the fact that it's created probably the best group of pop stars out there. Without the show, we wouldn't have Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Daughtry, Jordan Sparks, Adam Lambert--those are some pretty heavy hitters.

You can't deny the success of American Idol. Consider the fact that it's created probably the best group of pop stars out there. Without the show, we wouldn't have Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Daughtry, Jordan Sparks, Adam Lambert--those are some pretty heavy hitters.

And you can't forget Sanjaya!

I'll be watching. It's a fun show. I will miss Simon, but not miss Kara. Of course Randy is still around, what else can he possibly do? And of course we still have the ultimate tool, Ryan Seacrest.

Last season was one of the worst Idols ever, from top to bottom, but not every year is a winner, so I'm hoping for a rebound.

I think Steven Tyler will be a good addition, but why in the hell is Jennifer Lopez a judge?

Don't forget oscar award winner Jennifer Hudson...who happens to look amazing lately :thumbsup:

I'll be watching. It's a fun show. I will miss Simon, but not miss Kara. Of course Randy is still around, what else can he possibly do? And of course we still have the ultimate tool, Ryan Seacrest.

Last season was one of the worst Idols ever, from top to bottom, but not every year is a winner, so I'm hoping for a rebound.

I think Steven Tyler will be a good addition, but why in the hell is Jennifer Lopez a judge?

the only thing I'll miss about Kara was her battle with bikini girl...that was some epic television, and she looked fantastic in that bikini! :worthy:

I KNOW I will NOT be watching.

I will however, read this thread if Coli resumes his episode summaries.

Yeah, I had checked the "no" box for you before I even started the thread :lol:

And you can't forget Sanjaya!

I have to give Sanjaya credit...not just for having a hot sister, but for also being a good sport. People have bashed the hell out of that dude, but he takes it with a grain of salt and even laughs at himself. I saw him do a cameo on some cable show a few weeks ago...it was hilarious!

I have to give Sanjaya credit...not just for having a hot sister, but for also being a good sport. People have bashed the hell out of that dude, but he takes it with a grain of salt and even laughs at himself. I saw him do a cameo on some cable show a few weeks ago...it was hilarious!

If it's the same one I saw, it was "The Soup" on E!

If it's the same one I saw, it was "The Soup" on E!

I'll have to check out that link when I get home from work, but I think you're right...is that a show with the guy from Community as the host?

I'll have to check out that link when I get home from work, but I think you're right...is that a show with the guy from Community as the host?

Yup that's it. I saw it too, it's probably what made me think of him in the first place.

Yep, Joel McHale. They were doing their year end wrap up episodes these past two weeks and Sanjaya on for a 10-second bit.

Yup that's it. I saw it too, it's probably what made me think of him in the first place.

okay cool, thanks...I was glad to see Sanjaya just chillin and going with the flow...he seems to have accepted his non-celebrity status quite well lol. I respect people who know they are sort of the butt of the joke but still go along with it instead of whining and bitching about it, you know?

Yep, Joel McHale. They were doing their year end wrap up episodes these past two weeks and Sanjaya on for a 10-second bit.

Ah, so that's his name lol...I feel like I've seen him a bunch of times but never had any idea what his name was. I don't know if it's related to "talk soup", but the original show was how I became a Greg Kinnear fan. I didn't watch a single show that they would feature on talk soup, but Kinnear made it so damn funny that I had to watch. I was really glad that he hit it big in Hollywood, cause he's much more talented than people realize. This must have been way back in the early 90s or so...geesh, time flies.

Good luck to all of the contestants....my daughter auditioned this year at 14 but did not make it to the TV round........since she signed with an agent it looks like this will be her only year of trying out.

There was a lot of talent at the LA auditions......

I keep hearing that there is a lot of talent this year...hope it translates into some entertaining performances, cause I was falling asleep last year.

I think your dtr can audition again as long as she doesn't have an active contract with a label, but don't quote me. She must be really talented! I hope she reaches all her goals and wish her much success :thumbsup:

I keep hearing that there is a lot of talent this year...hope it translates into some entertaining performances, cause I was falling asleep last year.

I think your dtr can audition again as long as she doesn't have an active contract with a label, but don't quote me. She must be really talented! I hope she reaches all her goals and wish her much success :thumbsup:

She is on the verge of signing with a big label......and that really is (along with the exposure of American Idol) what they are seeking from the auditions.

My daughter took it all in stride and had a lot of fun. She made some new friends while she was waiting and did a TV interview for the local FOX LA television station before she went into her initial audition.....a good time had by all.

My daughter is signed with a top ten Hollywood Talent Agency AND just today signed with a manager who has some very well known teen actors/singers in his stable......

Things are moving right along......Im a proud papa

Dang, John, it sounds like your daughter has some pretty significant irons in the fire! I hope you'll keep us updated on how she does...that's pretty awesome :thumbsup:

BTW, here is a little light reading for you guys. As I mentioned earlier, I've always been a big fan of Aerosmith, and Steven Tyler is a pretty interesting dude. I'm starting to think this judges panel will actually be a lot of fun to watch this season. I also really like Tyler's take on how he relates the process and intent of Idol to how he sort of got his start singing in church and "in the lunchroom".

Billboard Article

One three more days til liftoff! :thumbsup: