American Idol Season 10

ajzepp

i know im a week late. sorry. gotta make that cheddar first!!!

anyway, the last guy on the wednesday idol was freaking great. i thought he was going to be a joke with that instrument. he's the guy that did a ray charles song.

he caught me off guard. i was expecting him to suck so bad that he wowed me even more.

ps. however, he seems like a one hit wonder..... we will have to wait for this.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know im a week late. sorry. gotta make that cheddar first!!!

anyway, the last guy on the wednesday idol was freaking great. i thought he was going to be a joke with that instrument. he's the guy that did a ray charles song.

he caught me off guard. i was expecting him to suck so bad that he wowed me even more.

ps. however, he seems like a one hit wonder..... we will have to wait for this.

If nothing else, he seems like a character. I couldn't tell if he had a naturally good voice or if he just sort of imitated Ray well, you know? I'm glad the auditions are over this week...Hollywood week rules :thumbsup:

columbian chick was good last night.

I liked her a lot...I also really liked the girl whose house burned down. The panel was mixed about her, but when she sang the 2nd song (with the geee-tar) I thought she sounded really good. I'm a big singer/songwriter fan, and I could see her doing a Suzanne Vega type thing. Her voice was very distinct. The last kid was like a straight version of Adam Lambert. He was doing a lot of screaming, but the raw materials are there for sure. If someone can coach him properly this season and reign in that voice a bit, that kid could really be good.

I liked her a lot...I also really liked the girl whose house burned down. The panel was mixed about her, but when she sang the 2nd song (with the geee-tar) I thought she sounded really good. I'm a big singer/songwriter fan, and I could see her doing a Suzanne Vega type thing. Her voice was very distinct. The last kid was like a straight version of Adam Lambert. He was doing a lot of screaming, but the raw materials are there for sure. If someone can coach him properly this season and reign in that voice a bit, that kid could really be good.

"the burned house that built me" lol

yeah she was special. at first i thought she was a chipmunk in a woman body. you're right. 2nd song was better and i can see me buying her album.

lets see if she develops.

adam lambert copy cat.... i wasnt really feeling. my wife was crying her ass off. whatever i guess.

"the burned house that built me" lol

yeah she was special. at first i thought she was a chipmunk in a woman body. you're right. 2nd song was better and i can see me buying her album.

lets see if she develops.

adam lambert copy cat.... i wasnt really feeling. my wife was crying her ass off. whatever i guess.

I'm probably right in the middle of you and your wife...figuratively speaking, of course :w00t: If the kid didn't grow at all, I'd find him incredibly annoying. Just like Lambert got on my nerves with all the screeching, the same would happen with this kid. BUT, if he can learn the art of subtlety and not blare out every note, I think there's potential. Besides, how can you not root for a kid who has Tourettes AND assburgers? lol

But yeah, you put fire girl in front a nice jazz quartet or some sort of acoustic arrangement, she'll knock it out of the park. I don't think the masses will be that crazy for her, but that's okay...those of us who have broader taste in music know how good she is :thumbsup:

I'm probably right in the middle of you and your wife...figuratively speaking, of course :w00t: If the kid didn't grow at all, I'd find him incredibly annoying. Just like Lambert got on my nerves with all the screeching, the same would happen with this kid. BUT, if he can learn the art of subtlety and not blare out every note, I think there's potential. Besides, how can you not root for a kid who has Tourettes AND assburgers? lol

But yeah, you put fire girl in front a nice jazz quartet or some sort of acoustic arrangement, she'll knock it out of the park. I don't think the masses will be that crazy for her, but that's okay...those of us who have broader taste in music know how good she is :thumbsup:

adam lambert became too one dimentional... the screaming which i loved at first did eventually get on my nerves.

you are right about fire girl.

cant wait till tonight. some people are going home!!!

adam lambert became too one dimentional... the screaming which i loved at first did eventually get on my nerves.

you are right about fire girl.

cant wait till tonight. some people are going home!!!

Hollywood week is my favorite part of the season. That's when all hell breaks loose..makes for good tv :thumbsup:

Did the singing cowboy make it? I don't think they showed it?? I was half asleep watching it so I could have missed it. :unsure:

Nope,sorry, they booted his twangy ass

the guy with the hot chick (big butt by the way; her not him) in his early 20's went out like a chump. then randy still told him NO. the guy left with no dignity. ps. his girl didnt seem to care too much that he didnt make it. she was sending text messages as he was leaving.....he too looked selfish.

the other couple with the short guy and again, pretty girl. i like both of them. but i prefer the girl more. poor guy. he's still in love with her even though she's already banging someone else. DONT YOU GET IT. SHUT UP AND SING. literally.

the hispanic girl with the large breast is crazy. "im honestly tired of hearing people not be able to do what i can do" she has balls. well not really. but you know what i mean. she's super crazy. did you see her dance her butt off when they announced back row "you're through" she didnt give a crap that others were sad. i currently like her. that could change pretty quick. or maybe not.

my 2 cents for last night!

:cry:

Well, I guess I don't have a reason to watch the show anymore.

;)

its too early to say that.

its practically impossible for me to fall asleep on idol. not my favorite show. but i love it anyway.

the guy with the hot chick (big butt by the way; her not him) in his early 20's went out like a chump. then randy still told him NO. the guy left with no dignity. ps. his girl didnt seem to care too much that he didnt make it. she was sending text messages as he was leaving.....he too looked selfish.

the other couple with the short guy and again, pretty girl. i like both of them. but i prefer the girl more. poor guy. he's still in love with her even though she's already banging someone else. DONT YOU GET IT. SHUT UP AND SING. literally.

the hispanic girl with the large breast is crazy. "im honestly tired of hearing people not be able to do what i can do" she has balls. well not really. but you know what i mean. she's super crazy. did you see her dance her butt off when they announced back row "you're through" she didnt give a crap that others were sad. i currently like her. that could change pretty quick. or maybe not.

its practically impossible for me to fall asleep on idol. not my favorite show. but i love it anyway.

I thought the same thing about the "power couple" who were split up...she definitely didn't seem all that phased that he didn't get through, and I agree that he came off like a classless douche. A couple of these folks that I didn't think sounded that good in their auditions sounded a little better last night...and vice versa. Even though she had the potential to be uber-annoying, I was sad to see the little "yo yo dawg" chick get booted...miss "I have 11 bags to check at the airport". She was pretty funny, I thought. Why they put the hispanic girl through is beyond me...there was no part her singing that could be considered musical last night...I thought for sure she'd be cut. Should be fun having her conceited-ness around for the group rounds next week though :thumbsup: I was glad that Lurch got cut too...

Now that I see them all in one place, there is actually some potential here. Some of these folks have big voices.

I thought the same thing about the "power couple" who were split up...she definitely didn't seem all that phased that he didn't get through, and I agree that he came off like a classless douche. A couple of these folks that I didn't think sounded that good in their auditions sounded a little better last night...and vice versa. Even though she had the potential to be uber-annoying, I was sad to see the little "yo yo dawg" chick get booted...miss "I have 11 bags to check at the airport". She was pretty funny, I thought. Why they put the hispanic girl through is beyond me...there was no part her singing that could be considered musical last night...I thought for sure she'd be cut. Should be fun having her conceited-ness around for the group rounds next week though :thumbsup: I was glad that Lurch got cut too...

Now that I see them all in one place, there is actually some potential here. Some of these folks have big voices.

you're right about the yo dawg girl with big ass teeth. actually i was SHOCKED that she didnt make it. she picked the wrong song. and her audition was long. probably the judges wanted to see if that's all she had in her. for me, this is upsetting moment number 1.

you're right about the yo dawg girl with big ass teeth. actually i was SHOCKED that she didnt make it. she picked the wrong song. and her audition was long. probably the judges wanted to see if that's all she had in her. for me, this is upsetting moment number 1.

Even though she wasn't going to win, to keep hispanic girl over her was pretty lame...and to think about her having to take all that luggage back to the airport...lol

Aside from that, I don't remember anyone being cut that I thought should have stayed. That one teenager with the really deep country voice should stick around for no other reason than to hear him try and sing other genres of music lol. That will make for good entertainment :)

Edited by ajzepp

She only has one breast?? :nana: I found her very annoying since she showed up with the stupid stars on her boobs. :rolleyes: I can't believe she made it through but not the ghetto kid.

I normally don't fall asleep during the show but I had only 4 hrs of sleep the night before. -_-

i can't wait for Drive-By Truckers night ... oops, wrong thread. :flirt:

jw

You know you watch Idol, John...you know it, I know it, lana knows it, Clippers knows it, EVERYONE knows it.

:w00t:

You know you watch Idol, John...you know it, I know it, lana knows it, Clippers knows it, EVERYONE knows it.

:w00t:

wife and i generally watch a few of the audition shows. and this year they seemed a little more formulaic. idol is still trying to recapture that car-wreck spontaneity of william hung, which is impossible to do, given that that was one of the truer moments on the show. pants on the ground wasn't bad a few years ago, but ...

otherwise, this group of judges bores me, though j-lo certainly is easy on the eyes.

rarely do we watch once the competition gets going. and i couldn't tell you who won last year, the year before that ... and on.

and the fact that idol provided the world carrie underwood, to me, remains a stain and black mark against this process.

so, please call me when they have a Drive-By Truckers night, followed by a Replacements night, and maybe a Clash night. then we'll see what happens.

and keep in mind, my wife fondly refers to me as a "music snob," and i don't disagree. so i apologize beforehand.

jw

I was watching Showtime & they had a half hour standup show with Brian Dunkleman. He made some jokes about Idol and when the show ended they had him commenting and he talks about how he made the dumbest decision in TV history when he quit Idol. One of his jokes was about once being on the same plane with William Hung thinking if the plane crashed, Hung would get top billing on the casualty list.