American Idol Season 10

ajzepp

It just goes to show you that you can not predict who America will vote for. I have come to accept that. Having said that, the judges lost some credibility tonight.

Jovany & Stefano were given a chance to sing for the wild card spot and Clint & Jordan were'nt? Are you kidding me?

Ashton over Kendra & Julie?!!! Are you serious?!! Kendra did everything right the night before and tonight. If Ashton had sung better the night before, then you could make a case for her. The judges just got rid of strong contestants in Kendra, Robbie, Julie, Clint & Rachel, for the likes of two contestants who will not last much longer in this competition. I'm happy for Naima, again how did she not get enough votes from America? Stefano & Ashton will just be glorified also-rans in this competition. If Kendra had gotten more TV coverage, she would have made it, that's another reason why America voted for Haley.

It's not the judges fault that so many contestants had to be cut in one night, but some of their choices tonight were highly questionable.

BTW, they sure knew how to just brush off the contestants who did'nt make it. "Thanks for participating. Now BEAT IT!!!" Idol sure knows how to be sensitive to the ones who are eliminated.

I thought Jordan sucked, personally, but like you I was confused as to why Clint didn't get a chance to sing for the WC spot. I don't know if maybe it had something to do with the Jacee thing or what, but he was one of my early favorites. In all honesty, though, once I heard the WC performances, I understood why thy chose who they did...those six performances were better than almost everything I heard the last two years.

Kendra DEFINITELY deserved to be there over Haley...but the problem with Kendra is that she has the personality of a rock. They need to think about entertaining people above all else, and if you are boring and/or uneventful as a contestant, you won't get much face time on air. Look at Brett...that kid SUCKED royally, but he was one of the most visible people on the show. He had an interesting back story, he was outgoing, and he had some interesting characteristics that had people talking. I didn't even REMEMBER Kendra when she sang on Wed night. I just think that has a lot to do with it...it's not JUST about singing...it's about being a performer and entertaining people.

Case in point: That really wacked out blonde-haired surfer kid that didn't have much talent but a LOT of off-the-wall personality. That kid should have never even made it past his audition, but he lasted all the way until they made the cut for the top 24. On top of that, apparently he just got a spot in a tv series (I think it was Glee, but not sure). You've got to be entertaining in addition to having talent.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of the departing, I only liked Julie and Robbie. But my wife liked Robbie too much so screw him.

This season is a lot less about the judges because they add nothing now that the show is live.

Steven: "You did great."

J-Lo: "I loved it. You moved me." Or "You gave me goosebumps."

Randy: "Pitch problems" and contrast beginning of performance with end. 90% chance of mentioning how he saw it differently than Steven and J-Lo.

Edited by Peace

First of all, I'm really glad that the way Clippers called the show tonight was the way it went down...that was one of the most entertaining AI shows I've seen in a while. The one thing that stood out to me above all else was the feeling that the last two seasons have been beyond stale. The six singers who sang for the WC spots tonight gave better performances tonight than I've seen in any TOP SIX from the last two years...and three of these folks didn't even make the top THIRTEEN this year. This is easily the most balanced, most talented group of finalists ever. I thought those six performances tonight were all excellent, and I'm really thankful that the two I wanted for the WC (plus one bonus) made it.

As was discussed earlier in this thread, the last two years there were only like three people I looked forward to hearing each week....the rest put me to sleep. I can honestly say that I'm looking forward to every single performance next week. Lee Dewyze and Kris whatever his name was would NOT have made this top 13...lol The only one I didn't think should have made the finals was scotty. He'll be great as a country recording artist, but he's going to sound like complete asss trying to sing any other genre. I would have rather seen Clint or Robbie in there instead, but that's okay...I'm also sad that Kendra didn't make it, but as Clippers said, there are like 8 girls that deserved to go through...if we only had one more spot :(

I don't know if it's Lythgoe or whoever, or just a combination of stuff, but this show feels fresh and rejuvenated. I'm really looking forward to the rest of this season!

Hell, even J-Lo's video was pretty damn good...although I have no idea who the bald white guy was

Kendra not advancing was the biggest disappointment for me tonight....she could have replaced Haley for sure.

And I bet you that Stefano will grow on you as the season goes on...I think that kid has a lot of potential and he did great tonight :thumbsup:

dont feel bad. kendra is another haley. both are sexy. both have soul. i preferred haley. sorry.

It just goes to show you that you can not predict who America will vote for. I have come to accept that. Having said that, the judges lost some credibility tonight.

Jovany & Stefano were given a chance to sing for the wild card spot and Clint & Jordan were'nt? Are you kidding me?

Ashton over Kendra & Julie?!!! Are you serious?!! Kendra did everything right the night before and tonight. If Ashton had sung better the night before, then you could make a case for her. The judges just got rid of strong contestants in Kendra, Robbie, Julie, Clint & Rachel, for the likes of two contestants who will not last much longer in this competition. I'm happy for Naima, again how did she not get enough votes from America? Stefano & Ashton will just be glorified also-rans in this competition. If Kendra had gotten more TV coverage, she would have made it, that's another reason why America voted for Haley.

It's not the judges fault that so many contestants had to be cut in one night, but some of their choices tonight were highly questionable.

BTW, they sure knew how to just brush off the contestants who did'nt make it. "Thanks for participating. Now BEAT IT!!!" Idol sure knows how to be sensitive to the ones who are eliminated.

hell yeah!!!! by the way julie was my favorite girl prior to last night. she eventually was going to be chewed up by the more talented singers. she would have needed to rely on her looks for votes.

ashton, you mean "the diva", she said, 'IM NOT GOING HOME TONIGHT" She sang to save her life and it showed. her confidence is at 110%. she is actually my number 1 girl now.

rachel murdered that song. if you know what the real fiona apple song sounds like, it sounds nothing like the way rachel sang it. she screwed a cult classic from the 90's.

im with you on govany. but stefano??? he also sang to save his life. and it showed. i really really liked his performance.

robbie. he's good. but would he bore us every week???

my new revised list of faves

#1 casey

#2 ashton

#3 karen rodriguez

#4 pia

#13 thia magia (asian chick)

Of the departing, I only liked Julie and Robbie. But my wife liked Robbie too much so screw him.

:lol:

#1 casey

#2 ashton

#3 karen rodriguez

#4 pia

How would you rank them in terms of who you think will win? Would you have the same order or different?

My favorites would be as follows:

Pia

Stefano

James

Naima

Casey

Jacob

Lauren

Thia

Karen

Paul

Ashton

Haley

Scotty

:lol:

How would you rank them in terms of who you think will win? Would you have the same order or different?

My favorites would be as follows:

Pia

Stefano

James

Naima

Casey

Jacob

Lauren

Thia

Karen

Paul

Ashton

Haley

Scotty

who would win order would be different. since america has gotten it wrong so many times. kris over adam lambert??? lee over crystal??? because of that,

my list is always who i like and who i vote for. not really for who may win.

Hell, even J-Lo's video was pretty damn good...although I have no idea who the bald white guy was

Kendra not advancing was the biggest disappointment for me tonight....she could have replaced Haley for sure.

And I bet you that Stefano will grow on you as the season goes on...I think that kid has a lot of potential and he did great tonight :thumbsup:

his name is PIT BULL. not white. hispanic from puerto rico or cuban.

he is like a Will-I-AM from black eyed peas.

he does club songs engish and spanish

im really surprised YOU dont know him. maybe not like him, but at least know OF him.

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

who would win order would be different. since america has gotten it wrong so many times. kris over adam lambert??? lee over crystal??? because of that,

my list is always who i like and who i vote for. not really for who may win.

his name is PIT BULL. not white. hispanic from puerto rico or cuban.

he is like a Will-I-AM from black eyed peas.

he does club songs engish and spanish

im really surprised YOU dont know him. maybe not like him, but at least know OF him.

Ah okay...I have heard of him...there is one song of his I like, but can't remember what it's called...

I'm more of a Coolio kind of guy.

Ah okay...I have heard of him...there is one song of his I like, but can't remember what it's called...

I'm more of a Coolio kind of guy.

ganster paradise.

that was his only hit. at least that was his biggest

i like practically anything

dance

techno/electronica

rock

country

rap

hip hop

ballads

jazz

90's was my favorite music decade

ganster paradise.

that was his only hit. at least that was his biggest

i like practically anything

dance

techno/electronica

rock

country

rap

hip hop

ballads

jazz

90's was my favorite music decade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbA84QCZEns

HELLZ YEAH, BIZNITCH!!!!!!

I thought Jordan sucked, personally, but like you I was confused as to why Clint didn't get a chance to sing for the WC spot. I don't know if maybe it had something to do with the Jacee thing or what, but he was one of my early favorites. In all honesty, though, once I heard the WC performances, I understood why thy chose who they did...those six performances were better than almost everything I heard the last two years.

Kendra DEFINITELY deserved to be there over Haley...but the problem with Kendra is that she has the personality of a rock. They need to think about entertaining people above all else, and if you are boring and/or uneventful as a contestant, you won't get much face time on air. Look at Brett...that kid SUCKED royally, but he was one of the most visible people on the show. He had an interesting back story, he was outgoing, and he had some interesting characteristics that had people talking. I didn't even REMEMBER Kendra when she sang on Wed night. I just think that has a lot to do with it...it's not JUST about singing...it's about being a performer and entertaining people.

Case in point: That really wacked out blonde-haired surfer kid that didn't have much talent but a LOT of off-the-wall personality. That kid should have never even made it past his audition, but he lasted all the way until they made the cut for the top 24. On top of that, apparently he just got a spot in a tv series (I think it was Glee, but not sure). You've got to be entertaining in addition to having talent.

If they did'nt give Clint a second chance because of the whole Jaycee fiasco, that is total BS. Clint came out with energy and kicked off Tuesday night with a bang. Despite that, the judges give Jovany a second chance? What did Jovany do to deserve that? The judges really lose some credibility on that decision.

As for Kendra being boring, you could be right about that. Nevertheless, no one can say that Kendra did not have the talent to move on and be a possible spoiler to all the co-favorites. Whose to say that she would not have gotten more entertaining as the competition went on? You are right that being entertaining is important. Look at Adam Lambert. He was one of the most overrated contestants ever on Idol. All he ever did was scream and make weird faces, but he was entertaining.

hell yeah!!!! by the way julie was my favorite girl prior to last night. she eventually was going to be chewed up by the more talented singers. she would have needed to rely on her looks for votes.

ashton, you mean "the diva", she said, 'IM NOT GOING HOME TONIGHT" She sang to save her life and it showed. her confidence is at 110%. she is actually my number 1 girl now.

rachel murdered that song. if you know what the real fiona apple song sounds like, it sounds nothing like the way rachel sang it. she screwed a cult classic from the 90's.

im with you on govany. but stefano??? he also sang to save his life. and it showed. i really really liked his performance.

robbie. he's good. but would he bore us every week???

#1 casey

#2 ashton

#3 karen rodriguez

#4 pia

I agree, Ashton & Stefano sang for their lives last night and it showed. Let me ask you this: Why were'nt they singing for their lives the previous nights? Stefano & Ashton sang well on Tuesday & Wednesday, but they were forgettable perfomances.

Meanwhile Kendra & Clint sang for their lives on Tuesday & Wednesday and were superb. And the judges did'nt think Clint deserved a second chance? Kendra also sang for her life a second time and delivered and the judges dismissed her?

Ridiculous!

Ashton & Stefano had better learn from this, because they will get buried by the superior talent on this show. Casey, Lauren, Pia, Thia, James, Naima & Paul will continue to bring their "A-Games" and bury Ashton & Stefano. Aside from Naima, the judges made poor decisions and really hurt this season of Idol.

Of course this is just my opinion and I could be wrong.

Having said all of this, I think we are in for the most entertaing Idol, since David Cook won.

I agree, Ashton & Stefano sang for their lives last night and it showed. Let me ask you this: Why were'nt they singing for their lives the previous nights? Stefano & Ashton sang well on Tuesday & Wednesday, but they were forgettable perfomances.

I had the same thought about ALL of them last night. I honestly thought those were the best 6 performances I've heard in one group of contestants for a LONG damn time. Of those that sang, Robbie was my least favorite, but they all sang their asses off. But yeah, why they DIDN'T do that on the actual show is beyond me...I don't get it either. :unsure:

If they did'nt give Clint a second chance because of the whole Jaycee fiasco, that is total BS. Clint came out with energy and kicked off Tuesday night with a bang. Despite that, the judges give Jovany a second chance? What did Jovany do to deserve that? The judges really lose some credibility on that decision.

As for Kendra being boring, you could be right about that. Nevertheless, no one can say that Kendra did not have the talent to move on and be a possible spoiler to all the co-favorites. Whose to say that she would not have gotten more entertaining as the competition went on? You are right that being entertaining is important. Look at Adam Lambert. He was one of the most overrated contestants ever on Idol. All he ever did was scream and make weird faces, but he was entertaining.

You're preaching to the choir, brother...I wanted both Clint and Kendra in the top 13 for sure.

Idol ratings from last night up TWENTY-NINE DAMN PERCENT over comparable week from last season, and up 12% from last week.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/03/04/tv-ratings-thursday-american-idol-rises-dominates-night/84615

I guess we're not the only ones finding this season MUCH better than last year's crap fest.

Meanwhile Kendra & Clint sang for their lives on Tuesday & Wednesday and were superb. And the judges did'nt think Clint deserved a second chance? Kendra also sang for her life a second time and delivered and the judges dismissed her?

Ridiculous!

Ashton & Stefano had better learn from this, because they will get buried by the superior talent on this show. Casey, Lauren, Pia, Thia, James, Naima & Paul will continue to bring their "A-Games" and bury Ashton & Stefano. Aside from Naima, the judges made poor decisions and really hurt this season of Idol.

Having said all of this, I think we are in for the most entertaing Idol, since David Cook won.

The rest of the story is the stuff we didn't see. We only saw a small piece of what went on in Hollywood & what inflenced the judges' decisions on the top 24. So no matter how good or bad a singer was on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week, the judges were picking the wild cards based on a total body of work that we only saw a fraction of. Until there's a way to see everything that has gone on from each contestant from the time they 1st auditioned to the final choices of the top 13, I don't feel we have enough information to criticize the wild card decisions.

Idol ratings from last night up TWENTY-NINE DAMN PERCENT over comparable week from last season, and up 12% from last week.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/03/04/tv-ratings-thursday-american-idol-rises-dominates-night/84615

I guess we're not the only ones finding this season MUCH better than last year's crap fest.

No doubt it's better but comparing the same weeks is not fair. It was the first time the new judges were live and 11 people were being cut. Let's see what happens with the ratings in a few weeks when the shows are comparable and after the "let's see how J-Lo does" effect has worn off.

Steven and J-Lo bring more than Ellen and Kara but they still add little.

No doubt it's better but comparing the same weeks is not fair. It was the first time the new judges were live and 11 people were being cut. Let's see what happens with the ratings in a few weeks when the shows are comparable and after the "let's see how J-Lo does" effect has worn off.

Steven and J-Lo bring more than Ellen and Kara but they still add little.

I think the contestants are a helluva lot more likeable this season too...I don't remember really giving a crap about much of anyone the last two seasons, saave for maybe Crystal. I really like some of these current folks, though.

What surprises me about the ratings is that I really just figured the show would fall from grace, and pretty much from the get-go. For it to be still performing this well is a surprise, IMO. I agree with what you said, though...how it holds up over the next few weeks will tell us a lot. Even the XFL had good ratings in the first week or two lol.

The rest of the story is the stuff we didn't see. We only saw a small piece of what went on in Hollywood & what inflenced the judges' decisions on the top 24. So no matter how good or bad a singer was on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week, the judges were picking the wild cards based on a total body of work that we only saw a fraction of. Until there's a way to see everything that has gone on from each contestant from the time they 1st auditioned to the final choices of the top 13, I don't feel we have enough information to criticize the wild card decisions.

I agree. That's why I think the Jacee thing may have come into play a little here. Both clint and jordan came off like douches to a degree, so when America didn't vote them into the top 10, maybe the judges felt they just weren't deserving...I dunno. I'm pretty happy with the finalists the way there are since it's mostly the right people. Usually it doesn't really matter who is 13th or 14th or whatever but this year there were still some talented people in those spots. A couple of them should have auditioned last year...probably could have won the damn thing.

Ridiculous!

im not too sure about stefano. but ashton will for sure. plus the way she sang thursday, i honestly dont think she will be a bottom feeder anymore. but like you say, i could be wrong too. BUT I DOUBT IT.

I had the same thought about ALL of them last night. I honestly thought those were the best 6 performances I've heard in one group of contestants for a LONG damn time. Of those that sang, Robbie was my least favorite, but they all sang their asses off. But yeah, why they DIDN'T do that on the actual show is beyond me...I don't get it either. :unsure:

You're preaching to the choir, brother...I wanted both Clint and Kendra in the top 13 for sure.

compare clint vs stefano

clint sings great but looks bad

stefano sings good but is a little handsome

the general public (keep in mind all the little girls voting), would put stefano further than clint.

while it may suck, that's life man. it doesnt really bother me because eventually the best ones would prevail anyway. so to me, it makes no real difference leaving now or in 3 weeks.

that's why i have ACCEPTED not having julie zorilla on the show anymore. i loved her, but probably i was sprung on her beauty more than her talent. oh well.

true and good point.

I disagree. Granted we only saw so much from "Hollywood Week", having said that each contestant is given a chance to grow and get better in the competition.

It's probably true that the judges are basing their decisions on the whole body of work, which is fine. Now after all the preparation leading up to the first week when it was time for America to vote, Kendra brought her A-game with her and Ashton did not. That is a big red flag to me.

Ashton had all those weeks to prepare for this, and all the Hollywood competition to get to this point, and failed on her first attempt. Then she sang for her life only when she was in jeopardy of getting cut, when she should have done that the night before. The judges should have taken into consideration why Ashton did'nt sing the way she did before she was in the wild card.

Then Kendra sings her heart out and delivers again, and what happens? Ashton moves on, Kendra is gone. I find that to be a highly questionable move on the judges part, because they got rid of some serious talent.

I disagree. Granted we only saw so much from "Hollywood Week", having said that each contestant is given a chance to grow and get better in the competition.

It's probably true that the judges are basing their decisions on the whole body of work, which is fine. Now after all the preparation leading up to the first week when it was time for America to vote, Kendra brought her A-game with her and Ashton did not. That is a big red flag to me.

Ashton had all those weeks to prepare for this, and all the Hollywood competition to get to this point, and failed on her first attempt. Then she sang for her life only when she was in jeopardy of getting cut, when she should have done that the night before. The judges should have taken into consideration why Ashton did'nt sing the way she did before she was in the wild card.

Then Kendra sings her heart out and delivers again, and what happens? Ashton moves on, Kendra is gone. I find that to be a highly questionable move on the judges part, because they got rid of some serious talent.

dont dwell on it too much. they are both good.

ps. how come america didnt vote for kendra as a top 5 without the wild card?

see what i mean. its in the past.

dont dwell on it too much. they are both good.

ps. how come america didnt vote for kendra as a top 5 without the wild card?

see what i mean. its in the past.

America makes the decision and I have no problem with that.

My problem is with the judges decision to pick Ashton over Kendra, and not giving Clint a second chance to save himself.

Instead they gave Jovany a second chance? Seriously?