American Idol Season 10

ajzepp

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mmmmkay...

what...was...THAT???

I know a few of them are sick this week, but that SUCKED!

I don't know if anyone else picked up on it, but that Jimmy guy who is in charge at Innerscope records and working the the contestants seemed a bit perturbed tonight. I got the impression that maybe some of these kids are getting too comfortable with their status and not working as hard as they ought to be. I may be way off, but that was the vibe I got from him...and given the total CRAPFEST I just watched, it would seem tht is the case.

Lauren did better than last week and Pia sounded and looked great...beyond that, I enjoyed the performances from James and Casey, but I didn't think either of them sounded good at all. Jacob was all right, but too over the top. Paul sucked. Thia sucked. Naima was boring. Scotty was the same as he is every time he's on the stage. Stefano was good, not great. Karen sucked.

:thumbdown:

I agree, worst performances to date, and what is Steven Tyler talking about? Best show since Beatles show? I don't think so. He has disappointed me. I love old Aerosmith and he really does know music, technically speaking, but have been disappointed with his critiques. Pia was the only good performance, not great tonight. Lauren ok, Alfred is good for his style but I can't stand modern, mainstream male country music but he'll probably have a nice career. Paul killed me. I love I guess that's why they call it the blues but that was awful. Oh, I forgot about Stefano, not really a fan of his voice(his tone and its too clean for my taste) but he did well. Thia has a nice voice but she's not picking the right songs. I'm not a fan of Naima and nothing changed that tonight. I agree about Jacob, love the song though. The rest were meh! I like Casey but didn't care for his performance at all. Nirvana is hard to cover and especially that song. Bad choice. Come as you are might have been doable for him.

mmmmkay...

what...was...THAT???

I know a few of them are sick this week, but that SUCKED!

I don't know if anyone else picked up on it, but that Jimmy guy who is in charge at Innerscope records and working the the contestants seemed a bit perturbed tonight. I got the impression that maybe some of these kids are getting too comfortable with their status and not working as hard as they ought to be. I may be way off, but that was the vibe I got from him...and given the total CRAPFEST I just watched, it would seem tht is the case.

Lauren did better than last week and Pia sounded and looked great...beyond that, I enjoyed the performances from James and Casey, but I didn't think either of them sounded good at all. Jacob was all right, but too over the top. Paul sucked. Thia sucked. Naima was boring. Scotty was the same as he is every time he's on the stage. Stefano was good, not great. Karen sucked.

:thumbdown:

I agree, worst performances to date, and what is Steven Tyler talking about? Best show since Beatles show? I don't think so. He has disappointed me. I love old Aerosmith and he really does know music, technically speaking, but have been disappointed with his critiques. Pia was the only good performance, not great tonight. Lauren ok, Alfred is good for his style but I can't stand modern, mainstream male country music but he'll probably have a nice career. Paul killed me. I love I guess that's why they call it the blues but that was awful. Oh, I forgot about Stefano, not really a fan of his voice(his tone and its too clean for my taste) but he did well. Thia has a nice voice but she's not picking the right songs. I'm not a fan of Naima and nothing changed that tonight. I agree about Jacob, love the song though. The rest were meh! I like Casey but didn't care for his performance at all. Nirvana is hard to cover and especially that song. Bad choice. Come as you are might have been doable for him.

lol, I remember the Alfred E. Neumann thing when I saw that kid today...too funny!

They need to get their act together quick...that was nearly unwatchable at times. This season has been a great big surprise up until tonight...hopefully they all watch their performances back, realize they were crap, and get back on track for next week.

My take on tonight:

1. Naima. Did an alright job, glad that it was not a karaoke performance. She made it her own, but did not exactly stand out. Time could be running out for her.

2. Paul. Moves around the stage like he is drunk, other than that he is an outstanding singer and he just continues to deliver.

3. Thia. Better than last week, but still playing it safe. She could sing the Disney songs in her sleep. She has a beautiful voice, but needs to step it up and make stronger song choices.

4. James. Another strong performance. Really showing how talented a rocker he is.

5. Haley. The biggest question mark in this competition. She seems to force her dance moves, and the first half was pitchy, but then these bluesy runs come from her and she becomes impressive. She may not win it all, but she is trying and she deserves to last another week.

6. Stefano. Best performace of the night? Slow down their judges. He sang it well but hardly the best. In fact not that much different than last week.

7. Pia. Better last week, but this young lady can belt it out. She'll be in the top 4.

8. Scotty. Keeps it coming smoothly and delivers it well. He may not be the next American Idol, but he does have a career ahead of him.

9. Karen. Better than last week, but still not showing the strength she had earlier in the competition. Quickly becoming the biggest disappointment of the season.

10. Casey. Not his best performance, but the guy is entertaining. I disagree with Lopez, Cobain did scream that song too.

11. Lauren. Much better than last week. She must keep doing that to become a strong contender again.

12. Jacob. Stepped out of the safe zone and sang a band song and sang it very good. Job well done.

Overall tonight was nowhere near as good as last week, but this happens. Some of the Idols still need to grow.

Best tonight: James, Casey, Pia, Paul & Lauren Bottom 3: Naima, Stefano, Karen OUT: Karen

Edited by Mark Vader

I'm glad that Mark and CL got more entertainment out of the show last night than I did...maybe I was just grumpy because I had to get up early today, I dunno...but I thought those efforts were just piss poor, with the exception of a few.

I really like Lauren, and I'm hoping that she continues to shine. She was my early favorite, and I like the Kelly Clarkson comparison. She also just seems like a great girl with a big heart...tough not to root for her.

My stab at bottom three tonight: Karen, Thia, and little Haley.

Paul is just horrible and Jacob will probably end the season as a woman. Yes, yesterday was one of the worst top 12 cumulative performances of all time.

Pia, James & Scotty look like shoe-ins for the top 5. It's too early to tell who will join them. Jacob might, he has the voice, but he is so fem it's going to affect his votes sooner or later.

Paul is just horrible and Jacob will probably end the season as a woman. Yes, yesterday was one of the worst top 12 cumulative performances of all time.

Pia, James & Scotty look like shoe-ins for the top 5. It's too early to tell who will join them. Jacob might, he has the voice, but he is so fem it's going to affect his votes sooner or later.

Pia is so physically attractive I almost wonder if that will work against her with the female vote, but I agree she should be there in the end. She has really come on and is very talented. I agree about James, and Scotty seems to really have a following even though I don't much care for the kid. I'm pretty sure he's been toward the top of the voting in each of the last three weeks.

Definitely agree about Paul and Jacob lol.

I like Paul. So there. :nana:

lol, I like him too, I just think he's not a very good singer :lol:

I don't know what it is, but all these strange gyrations and high-pitched girly vocals just aren't doing it for me lol The whole thing is just sorta weird now...He seems perfectly normal when he's being interviewed, but when he starts up his performance it makes me think of the peter pan guy. :ph34r:

My take on tonight:

Best tonight: James, Casey, Pia, Paul & Lauren Bottom 3: Naima, Stefano, Karen OUT: Karen

i laugh at your bottom 3. stefano...............??????

stefano was the best performer of the night. i agree with judge randy jackson.

i played it back and yup. he was the best. "if you dont know me by now" great song with great lyrics and great meaning. GOT SOUL?

karen is kinda plain. so i can agree with you there.

im crazy about haley. she is soooooo soooooo sooooo sexxxxxxxxxxxxxy!!!!! very nice expensive looking blouse with black leggings. that's how i love my women. whoa!

my dream would be stefano taking the whole competition with haley runner up. (but haley wont go that far.)

lastly. 2 that i can hardly stand. thia, sing something else dammit. once i saw her in that stupid dress, i knew it would be another slow song. dont get me wrong. i love LOVE music. but in a competition like this, she's getting very old. plus isnt she like 16. she should be singing some lady gaga. wthell?

scotty. doesnt he know country is evolutioning???? hes singing 1656 country male music. again, isnt he 16 or something. he should be TRYING to do some upbeat sugarland or a layback lady a? what the hell? ok at least brad paisley. ive said it before. i love country FEMALE country singers!!!!!

when ryan said nirvana and electric bass. wife and i (rockers for life) were already singing come as you are. then he did smells like teen spirit. cool. no prob. i have a great sense of humor. i laugh at basically everything. anyway, his creepy looks were making me laugh my ass off.

I'm glad that Mark and CL got more entertainment out of the show last night than I did...maybe I was just grumpy because I had to get up early today, I dunno...but I thought those efforts were just piss poor, with the exception of a few.

I really like Lauren, and I'm hoping that she continues to shine. She was my early favorite, and I like the Kelly Clarkson comparison. She also just seems like a great girl with a big heart...tough not to root for her.

My stab at bottom three tonight: Karen, Thia, and little Haley.

that's sad to hear. i really enjoyed it. wife me and my dog were chillin. i enjoyed practically every minute of it. i think it was you who said this year as an added bonus we have some pretty girlies to look at. nothing wrong with that either!

lol, I like him too, I just think he's not a very good singer :lol:

I don't know what it is, but all these strange gyrations and high-pitched girly vocals just aren't doing it for me lol The whole thing is just sorta weird now...He seems perfectly normal when he's being interviewed, but when he starts up his performance it makes me think of the peter pan guy. :ph34r:

if he sung in a telephone booth in all his performances he would either win it all or break the glass and go insane. lol

lastly. 2 that i can hardly stand. thia, sing something else dammit. once i saw her in that stupid dress, i knew it would be another slow song. dont get me wrong. i love LOVE music. but in a competition like this, she's getting very old. plus isnt she like 16. she should be singing some lady gaga. wthell?

scotty. doesnt he know country is evolutioning???? hes singing 1656 country male music. again, isnt he 16 or something. he should be TRYING to do some upbeat sugarland or a layback lady a? what the hell? ok at least brad paisley. ive said it before. i love country FEMALE country singers!!!!!

The theme last night was songs from the year they were born, so they couldn't have sang anything that you suggested this week. Now on previous/future weeks, I agree totally with you, but I think I like Scotty a little more than you do :thumbsup:

Edited by SpillerTime21

Last night was horrible. I fell off the couch laughing when, after Casey Abrams ran "Smells like Teen Spirit" through a woodchipper, my girlfriend said, "If Kurt Cobain wasn't already dead, he'd have killed himself after listenting to that."

the arragements for most of the songs were shockingly awful. And to whoever said Haley was hot, she is a two-bit skank.

I like Paul. So there. :nana:

Me too. He has a great smile too! :thumbsup:

Scotty is a nerdy country singer that is wooing all of the teenage girls that are voting for him. He will be around for a while. Even if he doesn't win this show, we will hear him on the radio.

Last night was horrible. I fell off the couch laughing when, after Casey Abrams ran "Smells like Teen Spirit" through a woodchipper, my girlfriend said, "If Kurt Cobain wasn't already dead, he'd have killed himself after listenting to that."

the arragements for most of the songs were shockingly awful. And to whoever said Haley was hot, she is a two-bit skank.

LMAO, dude, how you gonna call a 15 y.o. girl a two-bit skank? :lol:

if he sung in a telephone booth in all his performances he would either win it all or break the glass and go insane. lol

He'd probably sound much better in a telephone booth than he did last night

Me too. He has a great smile too! :thumbsup:

Yep! I think he's a cross between my daughter's former boyfriend and our very own Hammered-a-Lot! Both gorgeous. :wub:

He'd probably sound much better in a telephone booth than he did last night

Give him a break. He was sick. *LOL*

LMAO, dude, how you gonna call a 15 y.o. girl a two-bit skank? :lol:

Haley's 20, not 15. I called her that because thats what she looks like. She looks like the type of girl you target at the bar because you can take her home, she'll do anything you want, and you never even think of calling her back. Still, she's not as bad as Naima. I can't stand her. I felt like i got crabs from simply watching her sing.

Pia is where it's at.