American Idol Season 10

ajzepp

Really an emotional result show, thought Casey might be having a heart attack.(great save)

Thanks for the link on the mansion cablelady, sounds kind of creepy. I can't help but wonder though If someone who doesn't care for spiders might have had something to do with the sheet floating around.

Edited by Fig Newton

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really an emotional result show, thought Casey might be having a heart attack.(great save)

Thanks for the link on the mansion cablelady, sounds kind of creepy. I can't help but wonder though If someone who doesn't care for spiders might have had something to do with the sheet floating around.

Considering the guy has had two blood transfusions in the last month, I thought he was having a heart attack too! lol There was even a second there when Seacrest was like, "oooohhhhhh sh*t!"

great show. lots of nice surprises.

so so glad thia was finally in bottom 3.

Agree, was a fun show to watch fo' sure. Also glad to see Thia in the bottom three as well but she shouldda had the lowest votes, not Casey. Glad to see Casey was saved! :thumbsup:

Next week: Elton John Songs

I'm pretty interested to see how they do with the music of one of my favorite musicians. I'm really hoping someone picks Empty Garden, which is my all-time favorite Elton song, but one that I rarely hear anyone cover. I'd also like to see someone choose "Someone Saved My Life Tonight".

Next week: Elton John Songs

I'm pretty interested to see how they do with the music of one of my favorite musicians. I'm really hoping someone picks Empty Garden, which is my all-time favorite Elton song, but one that I rarely hear anyone cover. I'd also like to see someone choose "Someone Saved My Life Tonight".

Sweet, this should be a good show! Great music! Anyone have a list of the songs they are singing?

Paul is popular with the ladies! :lol:

Edited by LanaK6

I know someone who is popular with the gents...wowza!!!

BTW, apparently Casey had yet another (3rd) blood transfusion after last Thursday's show...

Okay, not a bad show tonight...I think it's clear that there is a group of about five who can win it, with a few of the others dropping into the "not gonna happen" group. I was disappointed that nobody sang Empty Garden, though...I really think someone could have a "moment" with this song if they'd give it a chance.

Casey: I thought he did pretty well. I liked that he actually SANG the song this time. I'd be surprised if he was in the bottom 3 again.

Super Pia: I really like this chick...she did a great job with one of my favorite songs of all time. As Randy says, she's in it to win it for sure.

Lauren: She really has done a good job getting her act together and recovering from a rocky start...she's back among my favorites to win it. Candle in the Wind is one of my least favorite Elton John songs, mainly because it's been overexposed to death...

Jacob: Another one of my favorite Elton songs...Jacob did well.

Haley: Randy called it the best performance of the night...ummm, no. It was good, but it was like the fourth or fifth best, IMO.

Naima: I would have liked it if not for the accent. WTF, where did that come from? Just tacky...

Scotty: Screw Scotty.

Stefano: I was glad he made it through the wild card round, but honestly he's really boring me. I still like the kid, and I think his mom is a sexy MILF cougar, but he'll be gone soon.

James: I loved this performance...it's so nice to have a legit rocker on the show again. James can bring it and I think this show will be his ticket to success, whether he wins or not.

Thia: She sang it well, but it was just boring. I wasn't really moved by this performance at all. She's not long for this show.

Paul: This guy is in the same category as Stefano for me...I used to like him, but honestly he's on the verge of getting the fast forward treatment soon. He does nothing for me.

we stayed at a nice hotel suite dont you think?

say wha?

:doh:

I feel guilty about it, but when I read that I spit my orange all over my laptop lol

And yes...Luke is not retarded...just deaf lol

Yeah, I think I'm probably in the camp that likes the Redemption island aspect. It hasn't been quite as dramatic as I expected, but I'd rather see the Redemption island duel than have a separate reward challenge. The redemption island duels allow for a chance to interact with the opposing team, which is interesting.

Also, James hit it on the head about Ralph...holy crap, this guy is a complete ignoramous!

-Probst: "Ralph, would you rather have twelve guys who work hard but don't get along, or twelve guys who don't work as hard but get along really well?"

-Ralph: "I disagree..."

-Probst: "That was a question, Ralph..."

LOL!

How cool was that volcano?? That would be an amazing experience to be perched up at the edge of that baby...talk about humbling! I was dying laughing when Rob threw the clue in there...I'm really enjoying his game this time around.

Okay, not a bad show tonight...I think it's clear that there is a group of about five who can win it, with a few of the others dropping into the "not gonna happen" group. I was disappointed that nobody sang Empty Garden, though...I really think someone could have a "moment" with this song if they'd give it a chance.

Casey: I thought he did pretty well. I liked that he actually SANG the song this time. I'd be surprised if he was in the bottom 3 again.

Super Pia: I really like this chick...she did a great job with one of my favorite songs of all time. As Randy says, she's in it to win it for sure.

Lauren: She really has done a good job getting her act together and recovering from a rocky start...she's back among my favorites to win it. Candle in the Wind is one of my least favorite Elton John songs, mainly because it's been overexposed to death...

Jacob: Another one of my favorite Elton songs...Jacob did well.

Haley: Randy called it the best performance of the night...ummm, no. It was good, but it was like the fourth or fifth best, IMO.

Naima: I would have liked it if not for the accent. WTF, where did that come from? Just tacky...

Scotty: Screw Scotty.

Stefano: I was glad he made it through the wild card round, but honestly he's really boring me. I still like the kid, and I think his mom is a sexy MILF cougar, but he'll be gone soon.

James: I loved this performance...it's so nice to have a legit rocker on the show again. James can bring it and I think this show will be his ticket to success, whether he wins or not.

Thia: She sang it well, but it was just boring. I wasn't really moved by this performance at all. She's not long for this show.

Paul: This guy is in the same category as Stefano for me...I used to like him, but honestly he's on the verge of getting the fast forward treatment soon. He does nothing for me.

say wha?

Just how much TV do you watch?

Just how much TV do you watch?

Let's see...

Idol: 2-3hr

Survivor:1hr

Amazing Race:1hr

Top Chef:1hr

Office:30min

Apprentice:2hr

About 8.5 hr per week for shows...then probably another 2-4 hr per week is spent watching NFL Network/ESPN.

I actually watch less tv than a lot of people. I don't watch any scripted shows except for the Office, and that is almost over with. During football season it's obviously significantly more, but I dont watch many tv shows at all (relatively speaking).

Thought it was a pretty good show. As you said, there's definitely a line drawn between the talented and the untalented. Pia was fantastic as usual. My girlfriend has come to grips that i'd leave her for Pia given the chance. :) I thought Casey did a really good job last night after butchering the past few. Thia/tourette's boy/stefano/GBG/naima still all suck and need to go immediately. Lauren did really well tho. I don't think she can win but she's holding her own. Scotty...i like scotty, because he's got the early-mid-90s country sound that i grew up with. I wish he'd get kicked off if for no other reason than so he can go to Nashville and start recording. Which brings me to...

Haley. I've been a big haley detractor in the past, but she stole the show last night. She did a hell of a job with Benny and the Jets. I may even go and download it. She's like a fungus in that I don't necessarily want her there, and i dont think i like it, but she's definitely growing on me. Every week my girl tells me that i secretly like Haley and just dont know it yet...and for the first time she may be right.

Edited by Ramius

Thought it was a pretty good show. As you said, there's definitely a line drawn between the talented and the untalented. Pia was fantastic as usual. My girlfriend has come to grips that i'd leave her for Pia given the chance. :) I thought Casey did a really good job last night after butchering the past few. Thia/tourette's boy/stefano/GBG/naima still all suck and need to go immediately. Lauren did really well tho. I don't think she can win but she's holding her own. Scotty...i like scotty, because he's got the early-mid-90s country sound that i grew up with. I wish he'd get kicked off if for no other reason than so he can go to Nashville and start recording. Which brings me to...

Haley. I've been a big haley detractor in the past, but she stole the show last night. She did a hell of a job with Benny and the Jets. I may even go and download it. She's like a fungus in that I don't necessarily want her there, and i dont think i like it, but she's definitely growing on me. Every week my girl tells me that i secretly like Haley and just dont know it yet...and for the first time she may be right.

haley. i've been saying haley for a long time now. she has major swag. and yesterday she did steal the show! i thought it was a betty boop/maryln monroe sexy performance. and her growl????? what??? for all the single guys out there. imagine she is growling at you in her lingerie????? wow. she is using her sex appeal to her advantage and its working.

you are right about pia and lauren.

Casey: Nice trim. he needed that. i liked him.

Super Pia: tough song and she did great as usual.

Lauren: love her.

Jacob: he looked scared and crying. i hated his facial expressions.

Haley: Randy called it the best performance of the night...ummm, no. I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH YOU. Randy and myself cant be wrong. she was the best for me!!!

Naima: elton and reggae dont mix naima. what the hell.

Scotty: george bush sux!

Stefano: i still like him a lot. but he needs to step it up...

James: #2 performance of the night. it felt very concert like to me. nice job dude.

Thia: finally i like her performance. but was it because i like the song alot??? i dont know.

Paul: i used to like him. pretty average again though... he needs to be careful

i changed it. let me highlight the changes.

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

Ever since you posted this when Scotty sings all I can do is think of his resemblence to Alfred E. Newman and laugh at him.

I was talking to my Mom tonight and forgot she watched the show and asked her if she knew who Alfred was and she just started laughing.

He actually reminds me more of George Bush Jr. Mannerisms, accent and all. :lol:

combine the two, haha

I can't argue with the results tonight, was not a fan of either. I liked them more in their auditions. Loved the Elton/Bernie songs! Band on the run was cool but suited Casey and James much better.

He actually reminds me more of George Bush Jr. Mannerisms, accent and all. :lol:

i agree. he's like a george bush III big time.

I can't argue with the results tonight, was not a fan of either. I liked them more in their auditions. Loved the Elton/Bernie songs! Band on the run was cool but suited Casey and James much better.

lauren smoked country boy big time.

from all the duets/bands/groups last night, i liked lauren the best followed by the 3 girls. pia and haley made little thia smaller than she already is. poor girlie.