American Idol Season 10

ajzepp

Their mansion sprung a leak from all the rain they've been getting in CA. :doh: Sheesh, don't they know how to build waterproof houses down there? :lol:

Ohhh, ok...I must have missed that

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that was probably my favorite show of the season so far...I wasn't in the mood for Idol tonight for some reason...was kind of tired from work and just in a "blah" mood...but the show really changed that and I had no problem being entertained.

I think it's time I just come out with it...I'm a James Durbin fan. This kid is a bit over his head in terms of his family life, being so young with a wife and child....but he stands up to his responsibilities and takes care of his business. In short, he just seems like a good-hearted kid and I dig that. As for his talent, he has done a GREAT job of taking the advice given to him since Idol started and the talent is just pouring out of him. His voice is LEGIT...he has a ton of range, and as he showed tonight he can really bring out some emotion in his performances. That George Harrison song was perfect for him...I really enjoyed his performance :thumbsup:

On the other hand, Jacob is really coming off like an arrogant a-hole, IMO. "If I end up in the bottom 3, it won't be because I didn't sing the song well...it'll be because America is too afraid to look at themselves in the mirror." Really, Jacob? WTF? lol

Pia...wow, she's just awesome...I am smitten.

Paul...I even thought THIS GUY did a great job! He should sing more Johnny Cash stuff, cause he KILLED it!....

Lauren: Not sure why her personality is going into its shell, but she still did well. She just doesn't seem to be having as much fun as she did in the beginning.

Stefano: Not a bad job with one of my all-time favorite songs...I'm pretty sure he's headed for the bottom 3 though.

Casey: Just like James, when this kid takes the time to actually SING, he really has a nice tonal quality to his voice...I thought this was his best performance, and I LOVE that CCR song.

Scotty: He chose one of my favorite Elvis songs, and he did well...I still don't think this kid is any good lol

Haley: She was lookin' hot, but I'm starting to lose interest. She's headed for bottom 3.

Good show overall, I thought...I'm predicting the bottom 3 as Haley, Stefano, and Jacob. What do you guys think?

Judging is horrible this season. No one criticizes a thing. Lauren looked horrific. HORRIFIC. Hair. Clothing. Just awful. Then she sings a song about the struggles of being an experienced woman? She's 15 Ffs. Not one criticism.

Durban was worse. He's creepy slowed down. The arrangement was painful. He did not sing well and Lamberted several times in a gorgeous song.

Jacob is an ass. Man in the Mirror over Let's get it on for moral reasons? Grow up. People get it on. That's part of life. Michael Jackson is not exactly true north on a moral compass either.

Rock and Roll night. No one rocked.Worst show of the season. Will.I.Am added not a single useful piece of advice. It's clear someone guides his musical hand.

Edited by Peace

Judging is horrible this season. No one criticizes a thing. Lauren looked horrific. HORRIFIC. Hair. Clothing. Just awful. Then she sings a song about the struggles of being an experienced woman? She's 15 Ffs. Not one criticism.

Durban was worse. He's creepy slowed down. The arrangement was painful. He did not sing well and Lamberted several times in a gorgeous song.

Jacob is an ass. Man in the Mirror over Let's get it on for moral reasons? Grow up. People get it on. That's part of life. Michael Jackson is not exactly true north on a moral compass either.

Rock and Roll night. No one rocked.Worst show of the season. Will.I.Am added not a single useful piece of advice. It's clear someone guides his musical hand.

:lol: Wow, I guess we're on two different pages lol

:lol: Wow, I guess we're on two different pages lol

BTW, first night that I liked Paul. Thought he had the second best performance after Scotty.

My bet: Jacob because Idol audience is pretty racist. Could be Stefano...outiside chance of Haley.

:o

:censored: :censored: :censored:

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pia was way to good to go this early, but I knew Pia's song choice might get her in trouble even though she killed it.

I think it was the prior weeks of ballads. Good voice, but very boring. No personality....thus, little connection. Actually, came across as a little bit pompous. Just my opinion.

I think it was the prior weeks of ballads. Good voice, but very boring. No personality....thus, little connection. Actually, came across as a little bit pompous. Just my opinion.

Good observation cablelady, Pia had great vocals but wasn't connecting well with her audience,

Song choice can also make or break you on AI,

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty much my reaction too. Idol just lost their best female contestant and a heavy favorite.

Unbelievable that Stefano is still around. He is this year's overachiever.

Pia will have a career, but it sucks that we will no longer see her on the show.

Pretty much my reaction too. Idol just lost their best female contestant and a heavy favorite.

Unbelievable that Stefano is still around. He is this year's overachiever.

Pia will have a career, but it sucks that we will no longer see her on the show.

There's just no WAY this should have happened at this point. I thought she'd have trouble winning it all, but 9th?? I don't get it. She's one of the few Idol contestants I'll definitely have interest in following after the show, though, so I hope she has a really solid career in music. But the thought of watching the next 6 or 7 weeks of Idol without her SUCKS man...I looked forward to seeing Pia each week. Oh well....

I can't help but wonder if something is up with the voting, though. This is the first season they are allowing online voting, and there are always risks with that. I just can't believe Pia is the NINTH most popular Idol...Stefano was a frickin wild card for gosh sakes. :doh:

Wow, that was a little crazy. You wonder about the voting. I think there are several variables that can explain, but who really knows for sure. Let me go full disclosure. I am a classically trained musician. My favorite bands/artists are Elvis, Kiss, Judas Priest, Elton John, Alice In Chains, System of a Down as far as pop music goes. I love classical, rachmaninov, prokofiev, mussorgsky, paganini, etc, big band, pre 1980 country, blah blah blah. You get the point. Pia is an brilliant singer. I am in sorta love with her, hell, Im Sicilian. Anyway,

I was not shocked to see her go. Her voice is great but she wasnt very endearing, did I care? No, but I know how the public is. i wanna hear her every week just for her talent. Oh well, thats the way it goes, she didnt have the votes, doesnt take away from her talent.

I always made fun of this show but some friends got me sucked into it and Ive made it a game. Thats how it works for me, I know a good voice when I hear it and she had one, I know talent when I hear it, and casey, james and pia reallly have it. I am a snob and will never buy these peoples records but they lost a true talent tonight.

This is usually about the time i bow out of watching idol, and i will again this year. Now, some talentless hack like tourette's boy is going to "win" and never pan out to anything.

Given the results from yesterday, its obvious that the idol voters didn't learn that you should never go full retard. They went full retard last night.

The best pure singer goes. Too funny. For those that say you'll be following her career: No you won't.

I had Pia as the heavy favorite. Who is it now? I say Scotty is the favorite followed by Haley. My personal favorites are the romantically linked Casey and Haley.

They can't get rid of Stefano, Jacob, and Paul fast enough to cure the embarrassment of Pia's departure at this stage.

Edited by Peace