American Idol Season 10

ajzepp

Probably one of the most talented and diverse group of singers to date, great job judges,

The bounce back by Naima Adedapo was spectacular and Yo judges don't mess with that,leave her alone, wouldn't change a thing about that performance, Niama is as unique as she is talented, Big WOW!!!

Casey Abrams, James Durbin,and Pia Toscano are my top three at this point, but Naima Adedapo made a huge impression and she's the one I'm probably going to remember the most from tonight's American Idol performance's.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably one of the most talented and diverse group of singers to date, great job judges,

The bounce back by Naima Adedapo was spectacular and Yo judges don't mess with that,leave her alone, wouldn't change a thing about that performance, Niama is as unique as she is talented, Big WOW!!!

Casey Abrams, James Durbin,and Pia Toscano are my top three at this point, but Naima Adedapo made a huge impression and she's the one I'm probably going to remember the most from tonight's American Idol performance's.

Totally agree, Figster...this was the first time in a LONG time where I was disappointed when the show was over. A couple of them weren't up to par, but nobody stunk it up tonight. You hit it on the head when you said how diverse this group is...I love that we have hip hop, rock, R&B, alternative, country (well okay, maybe not country lol), etc all represented here. I also love the pace of the show tonight. When I heard that Nigel hadn't been around the last two seasons, it made perfect sense to me. Nigel Lythgoe is a very smart man and the show really missed his influence and direction. The show moves along, the background pieces are interesting and not stale, the judges comments aren't predictable...just a much, much better product this year.

Casey Abrams is really growing on me. I don't think the guy has a great voice, but he's a showman. I loved his Joe Cocker song tonight. James Durbin took one of my all-time favorite songs and killed it...SO thankful this kid knows how to listen to criticism and apply it. He's doing a great job of avoiding being Adam Lambert II and becoming the first James Durbin. Pia Toscano sang another one of my all-time favorites and did great...I still don't know where this voice of hers came from. Randy was dead on correct when he said Thia sounded great the first half and sort of lost us in the second...I wish she would have carried out the song in the same manner from start to finish. Stefano started off a bit shaky but really brought it by the end. My early favorite to win it, Lauren, was off...Karen was off...Ashton was off....and Scotty just doesn't do anything for me at all. That brings us to Jacob Lusk...this guy honestly gets more feminine every week, but he's DAMN talented and I love the passion in his performances. I like this kid a lot. I liked Haley better than the judges did. And last but not least, my girl Naima. I agree with Fig about this chick...she was AWESOME. She looked like a legit star up there and I love the way she takes over the stage. I think it's funny that they don't show her husband much, probably because he's a hard-lookin' brotha, but hopefully they'll get over it at some point. I do think she needs to just go with Naima, though, and drop the last name.

All in all, easily the best "first" show of the season for me...I was very entertained and I'm looking forward to seeing some of these kids grow into marketable performers :thumbsup:

My bottom 3 prediction: Haley, Ashton, and Karen.

My thoughts:

First of all, this season is light years ahead of last year's dull season, and this very well could rival the David Cook season. I'm thrilled that we have such good talent from top to bottom. Here is how I see tonight's performances.

Lauren: An early favorite came out and sang a somewhat safe song. Did a good job, but she needs to step up and "WOW" the audience. She should have sung a stronger Shania song. She'll probably survive this week, but right now she looks like a middle of the pack contender.

Casey: He may not be the best singer, but he knows who he is and he can bring it. He'll be around for a long time.

Ashton: Sang well, but did not stand out tonight. Did she learn nothing from last week?

Paul: The biggest mystery of the group. He has a different style of singing, and he's good at delivering it. Can he capture the "young" vote?

Pia: Amazing. Everyone pay attention to her, she is going far.

James: Sang with confidence. That's all you can ask for. He'll be around for awhile.

Haley: True it was not the most exciting performance, but Haley delivered it beautifully. I almost began to think she was a crooner. I was'nt crazy about her last week, but deserves to stay.

Jacob: Strength & passion combined in his singing. He will need to change it up, otherwise he will become repetitive.

Thia: First half was better than second half. For as young as she is, she has a beautiful voice. I'd like to see her "rock out" a little more.

Stefano: Sang well, but tried to hard. Not a stand out performance.

Karen: Major disappointment. Went from a co-favorite to being in jeopardy tonight.

Scotty: Is he really the next American Idol? I do'nt think so, but damn he can sing. It will become old, if he does'nt change it up, but he might surprise.

Naima: A very cool performance. She is someone you look forward to watching. Looked a bit rough with the dance moves, but she is very entertaining.

Best of the night: Pia, Casey, James, Paul & Scotty. Bottom 3: Ashton, Karen & Stefano. Out: Ashton

Oh judges, if only you had kept Kendra.

My thoughts:

First of all, this season is light years ahead of last year's dull season, and this very well could rival the David Cook season. I'm thrilled that we have such good talent from top to bottom. Here is how I see tonight's performances.

Lauren: An early favorite came out and sang a somewhat safe song. Did a good job, but she needs to step up and "WOW" the audience. She should have sung a stronger Shania song. She'll probably survive this week, but right now she looks like a middle of the pack contender.

Casey: He may not be the best singer, but he knows who he is and he can bring it. He'll be around for a long time.

Ashton: Sang well, but did not stand out tonight. Did she learn nothing from last week?

Paul: The biggest mystery of the group. He has a different style of singing, and he's good at delivering it. Can he capture the "young" vote?

Pia: Amazing. Everyone pay attention to her, she is going far.

James: Sang with confidence. That's all you can ask for. He'll be around for awhile.

Haley: True it was not the most exciting performance, but Haley delivered it beautifully. I almost began to think she was a crooner. I was'nt crazy about her last week, but deserves to stay.

Jacob: Strength & passion combined in his singing. He will need to change it up, otherwise he will become repetitive.

Thia: First half was better than second half. For as young as she is, she has a beautiful voice. I'd like to see her "rock out" a little more.

Stefano: Sang well, but tried to hard. Not a stand out performance.

Karen: Major disappointment. Went from a co-favorite to being in jeopardy tonight.

Scotty: Is he really the next American Idol? I do'nt think so, but damn he can sing. It will become old, if he does'nt change it up, but he might surprise.

Naima: A very cool performance. She is someone you look forward to watching. Looked a bit rough with the dance moves, but she is very entertaining.

Best of the night: Pia, Casey, James, Paul & Scotty. Bottom 3: Ashton, Karen & Stefano. Out: Ashton

Oh judges, if only you had kept Kendra.

:thumbsup:

Hey man....have you seen 127 hrs?

Not yet, waiting for dvd.

It's awesome man...saw it this past weekend. Let me know what you think

ill chat with yall later. but real quick

country boy looks like a young george bush

rock guy looks like dumbo

haley is a sexy mama

pia is sooooo hot. if she had a better nose, she would be on another show (americas next top model)

jacob was the best to me yesterday. the run at the end where they cut the main music and he kept going up and down up and down on with his voice was special. special note: i kinda hate that song. i believe i can fly. bulls. if im giving him credit on that song, he must have deserved it.

stefano is growing on me big time. i like fast paced dance music. techno/electronic. so to see him do that on a stevie classic was great FOR ME. im sure its not everyones cup of tea.

casey is still my boy.

ashton i still love, but i want her to pick some pop songs that everyone knows. maybe that's why i liked her song last week. you're going to love me and you and you and you AND ME. yes i love you girl. she has a body!

oh wait. this is a singing competition.

one last one before i split.

i never understood the hype on thia magia. at least she could have done man in the mirror. SMILE?????? girl is boring as hell!!!!!! cuz you know she doesnt have beat it, thriller, or BILLIE JEAN potential. sorry baby girl.

ill chat with yall later. but real quick

country boy looks like a young george bush

rock guy looks like dumbo

haley is a sexy mama

pia is sooooo hot. if she had a better nose, she would be on another show (americas next top model)

jacob was the best to me yesterday. the run at the end where they cut the main music and he kept going up and down up and down on with his voice was special. special note: i kinda hate that song. i believe i can fly. bulls. if im giving him credit on that song, he must have deserved it.

stefano is growing on me big time. i like fast paced dance music. techno/electronic. so to see him do that on a stevie classic was great FOR ME. im sure its not everyones cup of tea.

casey is still my boy.

ashton i still love, but i want her to pick some pop songs that everyone knows. maybe that's why i liked her song last week. you're going to love me and you and you and you AND ME. yes i love you girl. she has a body!

oh wait. this is a singing competition.

one last one before i split.

i never understood the hype on thia magia. at least she could have done man in the mirror. SMILE?????? girl is boring as hell!!!!!! cuz you know she doesnt have beat it, thriller, or BILLIE JEAN potential. sorry baby girl.

I don't know if you watched the Oscars, but when they did the tribute to the actors/producers/etc who have passed away in the last year, Celine Dion was on stage singing her version of "Smile". This was where I thought Thia was going with it, and if she WOULD have gone in that direction it could have been a big moment for her. I hadn't heard the song in ages, and maybe it was because of I was feeling a bit nostalgic watching some of the people they were paying tribute to at the Oscars, but Celine just killed it. Thia should have stayed with the tone she set in the first half and I think that would have been great...but she fugged it. I definitely agree with you about Ashton's hotness...she's smokin! I just wish she had sang a little better last night :( Definitely agree with you about "I believe I can fly", and I don't see how anyone can say R.Kelly is their frickin IDOL lol. But he had another big moment with it and I really enjoyed his performance.

My bottom 3 prediction: Haley, Ashton, and Karen.

right on the money aj!!!

she was an early fave of mine. but she's coming off kinda plain now. i dropped her from my top 5..

new list

casey

stefano. little dude is like a total "pop" package. handsome. sings good. dances good.

pia she's silently moving up the scale

haley she's so pretty. and her voice is so unique. her bluesy interpretation was not excellent. but pleasant. can she lullaby me to sleep?

lol

right on the money aj!!!

she was an early fave of mine. but she's coming off kinda plain now. i dropped her from my top 5..

new list

casey

stefano. little dude is like a total "pop" package. handsome. sings good. dances good.

pia she's silently moving up the scale

haley she's so pretty. and her voice is so unique. her bluesy interpretation was not excellent. but pleasant. can she lullaby me to sleep?

First time for everything :lol: I'll get all three wrong next week probably lol.

I don't know what's up with Casey, but this is the 2nd blood transfusion he's required in the last few weeks...not good.

Did you see that house that these fuggers are living in??? Seriously, wtf?? lol

And I'm still hoping Karen gets it together, but I don't think she really has much of a fan base right now...I guess we'll see. Hopefully Scotty will be in the bottom 3 next week :devil:

by the way. i really dont like adam lambert.

his song was normal normal normal for 3 minutes. then last 5 seconds with that stupid scream. damn its annoying to me. then on top of that, in his post interview he says something like "i wanted to show a subtle side of this song" bull sh. you still had to get your stupid nightmare scream at the end.

as much as i like music, why dont i like that junk??? i dont know.

Oh, but that voice... :wub:

scotty doesnt really impress me too much... i am more biased towards women country singers anyway.

by the way. i really dont like adam lambert.

his song was normal normal normal for 3 minutes. then last 5 seconds with that stupid scream. damn its annoying to me. then on top of that, in his post interview he says something like "i wanted to show a subtle side of this song" bull sh. you still had to get your stupid nightmare scream at the end.

as much as i like music, why dont i like that junk??? i dont know.

Oh, I know. I was cringing during that. :wallbash:

First time for everything :lol: I'll get all three wrong next week probably lol.

I don't know what's up with Casey, but this is the 2nd blood transfusion he's required in the last few weeks...not good.

Did you see that house that these fuggers are living in??? Seriously, wtf?? lol

And I'm still hoping Karen gets it together, but I don't think she really has much of a fan base right now...I guess we'll see. Hopefully Scotty will be in the bottom 3 next week :devil:

im praying he's in the bottom 1. lol! as much as i dont like thia. she may eventually (crossing fingers) do something good. i think scotty has showed us exactly who he is and who he will always be.

get out, go make country music. bye.

Oh, I know. I was cringing during that. :wallbash:

i really really liked adam at one point. he would change the arrangements like ridiculously great!!!! regarding his nightmare on elm street scream, wife was saying that it's his signature. and i guess she's right. but can he sign somewhere else? j/k

im praying he's in the bottom 1. lol! as much as i dont like thia. she may eventually (crossing fingers) do something good. i think scotty has showed us exactly who he is and who he will always be.

get out, go make country music. bye.

i really really liked adam at one point. he would change the arrangements like ridiculously great!!!! regarding his nightmare on elm street scream, wife was saying that it's his signature. and i guess she's right. but can he sign somewhere else? j/k

Exactly...give him a country deal and get rid of him...I'm sure he's a nice enough kid, but he's a one trick Pony. Ooooh, a Garth Brooks song...how original and unexpected <_<

I'm not all that high on Thia either, but like you, I think she's got the potential to have a "moment".

The other thing about this season is that, for once, I feel as if the judges are seeing the same performances I am. Before, there would be some major crapfest on stage that I'd hate, but the judges would praise endlessly. This year I feel like we're all watching the same performances. I honestly EXPECTED them to gloat all over Lauren's performance, whereas about half way through it I was saying to myself, "ugh...very disappointing..." But alas, the judges felt the same way and they let her have it. Steven likes just about everything, but J-Lo has really shown up and impressed as a judge. She is very honest and up front, and most of her critiques are dead-on. Lastly, I hope they have the money producers assisting with the finalists again...I really liked seeing behind the scenes a bit and hearing about some of the work these peopel have done. I liked that aspect of it, and I think it helps them to be more prepared as potential recording artists.

Exactly...give him a country deal and get rid of him...I'm sure he's a nice enough kid, but he's a one trick Pony. Ooooh, a Garth Brooks song...how original and unexpected <_<

I'm not all that high on Thia either, but like you, I think she's got the potential to have a "moment".

The other thing about this season is that, for once, I feel as if the judges are seeing the same performances I am. Before, there would be some major crapfest on stage that I'd hate, but the judges would praise endlessly. This year I feel like we're all watching the same performances. I honestly EXPECTED them to gloat all over Lauren's performance, whereas about half way through it I was saying to myself, "ugh...very disappointing..." But alas, the judges felt the same way and they let her have it. Steven likes just about everything, but J-Lo has really shown up and impressed as a judge. She is very honest and up front, and most of her critiques are dead-on. Lastly, I hope they have the money producers assisting with the finalists again...I really liked seeing behind the scenes a bit and hearing about some of the work these peopel have done. I liked that aspect of it, and I think it helps them to be more prepared as potential recording artists.

i like the producers too. however i honestly think that's what screwed karen. karen bleeds selena. she cant sing a selena song????? they probably advised to do this do that. instead of just doing her own damn thing like scotty. scotty said man im not trying to deviate from the original. and did just that and look where he is.

in other words its hard to adjust to a "new" way of doing things.

ps. ashton fell in this too. they were trying to get her to sing to new heights she had never tried before. im pretty sure she is thinking "why didnt i just do my own routine????"

i like the producers too. however i honestly think that's what screwed karen. karen bleeds selena. she cant sing a selena song????? they probably advised to do this do that. instead of just doing her own damn thing like scotty. scotty said man im not trying to deviate from the original. and did just that and look where he is.

in other words its hard to adjust to a "new" way of doing things.

ps. ashton fell in this too. they were trying to get her to sing to new heights she had never tried before. im pretty sure she is thinking "why didnt i just do my own routine????"

Great point. That's another reason why I'm glad the judges are being honest. When you see a tape of that Interscope guy talking about how good a performance is going to be, and then it's NOT good, the judges could easily sort of dance and skirt around the issue so as to allow the producers to save face. They didn't do that, though. When something sucked, they said it sucked...regardless of what was said by the producers just prior to the song. I think this lends credibility to what's going on, you know?

Great point. That's another reason why I'm glad the judges are being honest. When you see a tape of that Interscope guy talking about how good a performance is going to be, and then it's NOT good, the judges could easily sort of dance and skirt around the issue so as to allow the producers to save face. They didn't do that, though. When something sucked, they said it sucked...regardless of what was said by the producers just prior to the song. I think this lends credibility to what's going on, you know?

love all 3 judges this year.

randy and jlo come off as really understaning music

steve just likes ass. but hes funny. so he's still ok in my book.