American Idol Season 10

ajzepp

top 24 selected. wow. some left some stayed

oh well. it is what it is.

so my revised top 5 are:

#1 white ray charles

2 skinny tall black dude (music teacher)

3 julie or juliana. pretty hispanic girl who plays keyboard. always dresses nice

4 karen rodriguez

5 tia toscano or pia toscano. super hot italian or new york chick

6 the girl who had tyler singing his own song in her original audition

oh wait, i said top 5...

what about you aj, what's your list? lana?

Let's see...my list will probably be completely different, but that speaks partly to how good the talent is this year. I really think that certain voices shine once they get some amplification behind them (i.e. when they use a mic). I often get compliments for my voice, but never as often as I used to when I have spoken over a microphone. I think it's the same with singers. Some of them sounded pretty good with just the a'cappella audition, but others really came alive once they got on the mic. I still can't believe how strong some of those Vegas performances were...anyhooo...

My top five...not in order, but these are the ones I'd pick for the top 5 grouping

Lauren Alaina (tyler lover girl)

Retarded Elton John guy (clint something)

Lauren Turner (needs to make sure she's always got make-up on)

Paul McDonald (skinny furry guy...James blount meets Ray LaMontaigne)

Stefano Langone (car crash guy...really turned it up in Vegas)

It's gonna be a really strong top-12...these weekly shows will be the most entertaining they've been in a while!

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, well since sexy cowboy singer John Wayne is gone I can't pick him for my top 5. :angry:

Here's mine (not in any order):

Tim Halperin: Reminds me of John Mayer.

Lauren Alaina: Reminds me a little of Carrie Underwood.

Casey Abrams: Great musician and good singer. And I like his goofy personality. :lol:

Julie Zurilla: looks the part and has a good voice.

I like Brett's voice just because it's different sounding but I don't think he has it all to win it. So I guess the last one I pick is Jacob. Great soulful singer.

BTW, anyone else think Robbie looks like a live version of Aladdin? :lol:

Let's see...my list will probably be completely different, but that speaks partly to how good the talent is this year. I really think that certain voices shine once they get some amplification behind them (i.e. when they use a mic). I often get compliments for my voice, but never as often as I used to when I have spoken over a microphone. I think it's the same with singers. Some of them sounded pretty good with just the a'cappella audition, but others really came alive once they got on the mic. I still can't believe how strong some of those Vegas performances were...anyhooo...

My top five...not in order, but these are the ones I'd pick for the top 5 grouping

Lauren Alaina (tyler lover girl)

Retarded Elton John guy (clint something)

Lauren Turner (needs to make sure she's always got make-up on)

Paul McDonald (skinny furry guy...James blount meets Ray LaMontaigne)

Stefano Langone (car crash guy...really turned it up in Vegas)

It's gonna be a really strong top-12...these weekly shows will be the most entertaining they've been in a while!

you were not kidding about the difference. lol

retarded elton john guy? is this the hispanic guy from long beach with the ugliest glasses in the whole universe? if you are talking about him. he's a great singer. but the glasses have to go and he also doesnt fit the part of full am idol.

paul. nice pick. sweet voice. his duet with (kendra i believe), in vegas was beautiful just like jlo said it was.

car crash guy is good.

Hmmm, well since sexy cowboy singer John Wayne is gone I can't pick him for my top 5. :angry:

Casey Abrams: Great musician and good singer. And I like his goofy personality. :lol:

I like Brett's voice just because it's different sounding but I don't think he has it all to win it. So I guess the last one I pick is Jacob. Great soulful singer.

wow. you know their names pretty well. i still have to describe them.

oh yes, robbie IS alladin.

cant wait till arabian night NIGHT followed by elton john ugly ass glasses look alike contest. lmao

im surprised you didnt mention the shipyard guy???

wow. you know their names pretty well. i still have to describe them.

oh yes, robbie IS alladin.

cant wait till arabian night NIGHT followed by elton john ugly ass glasses look alike contest. lmao

im surprised you didnt mention the shipyard guy???

I cheated and looked on the Idol website. I'm horrible with names. :lol:

Who's the shipyard guy??

you were not kidding about the difference. lol

retarded elton john guy? is this the hispanic guy from long beach with the ugliest glasses in the whole universe? if you are talking about him. he's a great singer. but the glasses have to go and he also doesnt fit the part of full am idol.

paul. nice pick. sweet voice. his duet with (kendra i believe), in vegas was beautiful just like jlo said it was.

car crash guy is good.

Definitely agree about the guy not fitting the idol look...that's the part I find most interesting about the show, though...transforming these raw materials into something marketable, you know? This kid may look exactly the same by the end of the season, in which case I can't see him winning either lol. That being said, if we did a top 5 list of who we think will WIN, my list would look totally different. I do think Lauren Alaina has a really good shot. I heard (before I heard her sing) that she was like a younger kelly clarkson, and that comparison holds up well. This girl has a great look, she's got a really outgoing-but-not-too-annoying personality, and she can had a very nice range. I think she's not only the favorite, but by a large margin.

Paul McDonald is the type of singer/songwriter that is my preference in terms of the music I buy. Amos Lee, Ray LaMontaigne (sp?), Jack Johnson, etc, etc...that's my style and I could see myself really enjoying this guy's stuff. Will he win? Hell no. He'll be able to get to like the last 5 or 6, but then he'll be voted off in favor of the more pop-ready performers. But this is the sort of show that this kid can use for exposure and end up really having a nice launch to his career.

I love the human voice. I love vocals that are unique and/or powerful, and there are a lot of contestants who fit that mold. I think this may be a pretty good season...I know I've said that like three times, but I'm really hoping, cause if we have another repeat of the last two years, then I can see myself bailing for sure. It also gives me hope that maybe when Simon gets back on the air with his $5million prize in hand later this year, that he'll be able to find some prospects with potential for that X Factor show.

Not sure how accurate this is, but apparently this is what the guys will be singing on Tuesday...

1. Clint Jun Gamboa – Superstition by Stevie Wonder

2. Jovany Barreto – I’ll Be by Edwin McCain

3. Jordan Dorsey – OMG by Usher

4. Tim Halperin – Streetcorner Symphony (Come On Over) (Rob Thomas)

5. Brett Loewenstern – Light My Fire – Doors

6. James Durbin – You Got Another Thing Comin’ by Judas Priest

7. Robbie Rosen – Arms of an Angel by Sarah McLachlan

8. Scott McCreery – Letters From Home – John Michael Montgomery

9. Stefano Langone – Just The Way You Are – (Bruno Mars)

10. Paul McDonald – Maggie Mae by Rod Steward

11. Jacob Lusk – House is Not a Home

12. Casey Abrams – I Put a Spell On You

Not sure how accurate this is, but apparently this is what the guys will be singing on Tuesday...

6. James Durbin – You Got Another Thing Comin’ by Judas Priest

JP? Are you kidding me? Gonna have to see that. I can definitely hear him doing Rob Halford with the range he has. Although his high end is already getting on my nerves. It's best used in small doses.

Here is an interesting take on

. Wonder if he will use it on the show, if he lasts.

JP? Are you kidding me? Gonna have to see that. I can definitely hear him doing Rob Halford with the range he has. Although his high end is already getting on my nerves. It's best used in small doses.

Here is an interesting take on

. Wonder if he will use it on the show, if he lasts.

I know the judges offered criticism to that Jacob guy for being too intense too much of the time, so hopefully they'll talk with James, too. Adam Lambert grated on my nerves, and this new kid screams even more frequently than Lambert did. They both need to just chill and save the really intense vocals for the appropriate points in the song. He's gonna get the fast-forward treatment from me if he keeps this up, and that would be too bad cause the kid has potential.

Wish I could see that link you posted...stupid work computers :wallbash:

I cheated and looked on the Idol website. I'm horrible with names. :lol:

Who's the shipyard guy??

no prob cheater.

shipyard guy is the hispanic guy that took off his shirt with tyler on his first audition.

also he has the smallest mouth on the planet. its like half an inch i think

I am very pleased with this year's group of 24 contestants. Both groups are solid from top-to-bottom, but I give a slight edge to the women this year on overall talent. Regardless, we should get a much better season of Idol than we did last year.

One other thing that I do not like about Idol is, why are we determining the final 12 contestants by their sex?

Why does it have to be the top 6 men & top 6 women? It should be the top 12 singers! Period! I'm tired of watching singers getting cut because we have to have x amount of men and women on the show. It is just wrong.

I am very pleased with this year's group of 24 contestants. Both groups are solid from top-to-bottom, but I give a slight edge to the women this year on overall talent. Regardless, we should get a much better season of Idol than we did last year.

One other thing that I do not like about Idol is, why are we determining the final 12 contestants by their sex?

Why does it have to be the top 6 men & top 6 women? It should be the top 12 singers! Period! I'm tired of watching singers getting cut because we have to have x amount of men and women on the show. It is just wrong.

I totally agree Mark. In past seasons it may not have mattered that much, but this top 24 is really damn good. I'd hate to see a deserving contestant not make it because of the boy/girl quota...stupid.

I don't understand that either. Yeah, agree...should be the best top 12 regardless of gender. :thumbsup:

same here.

even though my favorite is a guy.

same here.

even though my favorite is a guy.

I know what you mean, Clippers. Last season I thought the guys were a better all-around group, but that Crystal Bowersox was the clear favorite to win it all.

Carrot Top suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. Should be the first to go although the kid with the Mr. Magoo glasses may go fist too because he was such a jerkoff during group week.

I was not impressed by "Mr. Magoo Glasses" with his first audition, but throughout the show he has proven that he belongs here.

I am concerned that the situation with group week will come back to haunt him. I hope that is not the case. He should be judged for his singing.

I know what you mean, Clippers. Last season I thought the guys were a better all-around group, but that Crystal Bowersox was the clear favorite to win it all.

I was not impressed by "Mr. Magoo Glasses" with his first audition, but throughout the show he has proven that he belongs here.

I am concerned that the situation with group week will come back to haunt him. I hope that is not the case. He should be judged for his singing.

it will haunt him. i too dont think its fair. people will not vote for him for what he did. but what did he do??????

he felt that jacee didnt belong in his group. and the problem is ____________?

in business, this happens all the time. especially the music industry. people get dissed all the time. dog eat dog world. he just did it in a public audience.

it will haunt him. i too dont think its fair. people will not vote for him for what he did. but what did he do??????

he felt that jacee didnt belong in his group. and the problem is ____________?

in business, this happens all the time. especially the music industry. people get dissed all the time. dog eat dog world. he just did it in a public audience.

If it were anyone other than jacee, it wouldn't have been a big deal. But jaecee is so well loved that it came off like a real douche move. But if I were in LA or whatever and I had to look out for #1, anyone who was holding me back would get their ass booted, too.

If it were anyone other than jacee, it wouldn't have been a big deal. But jaecee is so well loved that it came off like a real douche move. But if I were in LA or whatever and I had to look out for #1, anyone who was holding me back would get their ass booted, too.

I've never voted for American Idol, but if I did, that guy would never get my vote. I understand why he did it, but there's no way I'd ever reward someone for being that much of a jerk to a 15 year old kid. If he had any guts, he would have said my singing will get me through no matter who is in my group.

I've never voted for American Idol, but if I did, that guy would never get my vote. I understand why he did it, but there's no way I'd ever reward someone for being that much of a jerk to a 15 year old kid. If he had any guts, he would have said my singing will get me through no matter who is in my group.

Yeah, that's why I say if it was anyone other than little Jacee....he deserved better for sure.

when it all comes down to it after considering voice, talent, etc. when my friends cant agree on a person, we ask the following:

would you buy their cd?

for me the answer is no to jacee.

glasses guy is not my favorite. that's why he doesnt get my vote. but if all my faves get eliminated and he's the best. i will vote for glasses dude. i vote for the best singer. not based on their personality.

or else it becomes a popularity contest or a likeable contest.... hence crystal losing last year when even lee was surprised.

Edited by Clippers of Nfl