A Few Thoughts About The Game

Bill from NYC

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for pointing that out...I was asked how is Mayo there and my reply was we don't have a tight end so he just can run around hammering guys.....also concerning was not getting beat we would have to play very well to compete with the pats and didn't but stuff like 25 year old Poz not able to cover 38 year old Crumpler-- not thier number one tight end, not the number two but the number three tight end, and Brady didn't have to slip into a tight window either he runs our turns around and our #51 is just mystified but the move. - just one example

1) Congrats to Spiller on his one lucky pass reception, but his fumbles were brutal, as was his entire game. He was a disaster today. But, the real disaster wrt Spiller was the day that the Bills wasted a #9 on this stupid, virtually useless little smurf.

2) 6 minutes left. NE was up 31-3 and Belichick went for it on 4th and 9? I should be above this, but I despise that m.f.

3) Kelsay was all pumped after his sack in the 3rd quarter, no? I guess he forgot that he sucks. He is a sub-par football player.

4) The first qtr. td by Woodhead was all on Poz. He couldn't shed blocks, and had a lousy game today.

5) Fitz stunk up the field. I guess he was entitled to do so. Right, or no? Is he our long term answer? You tell me.

6)I liked watching Welker drop passes. Screw him, Brady, Belichick, and the entire Patriots organization.

7) On the first drive, both OGs were blocking like monsters. After that it fell apart.

8) On the play before the early 2nd Qtr. TD, Whitner had a very nice tackle. Of course, it was after a long gain where he was torched by Gronkowski. He wants 7 mil per year? Actually, he is a sorry, suckass, small waste of money. I really do hope that the Bills withdraw their offer to him and usher him out of town. It would be a great step forward in terms of cutting ties with the stupid, losing era of Dick Levy.

9) The Bills would win one, perhaps 2 more games next seson if they had a good right offensive tackle. They are manning this position with utter, absolute garbage. I understand that OTs don't sell tickets, but winning football games does. You can't win football games with garbage at OT. The Bills are living proof.

10) Troup was on the field but showed nothing. This sucks. However, Carrington did appear to be alive. That doesn't suck.

11) Arizona won, and this is a good thing for the draft.

12) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are we in a foul mood tonight, Bill?

I'll just address one issue here, and that is the going for it on 4th and nine with the game in hand.

I do not see "running up the score" as some kind of sin in any sport- College football, NFL, Little League Baseball...NOTHING

If one team is 100 points worse than another team, then they should lose by 100 points and take it as a message that they need to get better.

When one team is in the process of pounding the piss out of an inferior team, they should still try to score. The only reason a team should back off is to pull their starters off the field to avoid injury and give the 2nd stringers some game experience.

I even hate 5 run inning limits and 10 run rules in Little League baseball to preserve the "self-esteem" of the loosers. Saving time should be the only consideration

Edited by Bills99999

I think there's really only one pertinent thought for the game today...

When you lose the turnover battle 0-7, you will lose.

5. Fitz is Fitz and that game comes with the territory. I question Chan for giving up on the run way too early and for calling so many deep passes on makeable 3rd down situations. Too many home run attempts. With our defense we need "ball control".

+1 on the "ball control"

:worthy:

It was driving me nutzoid, Jackson would run for 4 followed by two swings for the fences. Pound it out, keep the ball away from Brady!

On Fitz: *uncertain*.

If you're right, "that game comes with the territory" the naysayers have it and Fitz is only good enough to lose with.

I think Fitz tries to be the whole team in himself sometimes.

I want to see him with a decent right tackle, improvement all around on the OL, and a quality TE.

If a game like that still "comes with the territory" then I concede.

9) The Bills would win one, perhaps 2 more games next seson if they had a good right offensive tackle. They are manning this position with utter, absolute garbage. I understand that OTs don't sell tickets, but winning football games does. You can't win football games with garbage at OT. The Bills are living proof.

10) Troup was on the field but showed nothing. This sucks. However, Carrington did appear to be alive. That doesn't suck.

Agree on all counts Bill, specifically 9. You can't man the OT position with late round picks, UDFA's, street free agents and former practice squad scrubs the HC coached in college.

A lot of fans want a DE next year in the draft. I'm not sure that's their big issue, with D. Edwards, Carrington, and Spencer Johnson being there. One has to hope Carrington develops so the front office can use resources at OT, LB, or perhaps TE.

But then again, Chan and Buddy thought Spiller would make the OL better. <_<

I was at my mom's house saw the score 34-3 saw the stats and relized that Fitz had more yards then Brady and I wondered how were we losing so bad then I saw the 3 INT's by his name and it figures and then I realized we also lost 4 fumbles which equals 7 turnovers. I was really suprised the game was that close. Then I came home to watch it on DVR and wondered again how could the Bills have gotten blown out like this after the first drive then even the second drive where we had it like at the 20 yard line moving the ball when Fitz fumbled, still we were moving the ball at will. But after Fitz fumbled and the Pats went down and scored you could tell the wind was out of Buffalo. Especially after Johnson's drop on 4th down. I really love this team and I love to watch Fitz but I wonder is he really the guy. I say throw all your balls in one basket trade picks 1 and 2 this year and get Luck. Re-sign Poz, Wilson, Wrotto, Florence, and Merriman. Dump Kelsay, Stroud, Whitner, and Maybin. Sign a vetren OT and Soliai off the dolphins roster (6-4 355) to play NT in a rotation with Troupe, move Williams to end lined up with Carrington you also have Johnson and Edwards. Let Luck play behind Fitz for awhile so Fitz can show him the NFL life with our O-line as Bell Lav Hang Wood and FA or Urbik, let TE Nelson live or die this year we have good young recievers, good secondary, and decent LB's i think when all are healthy and if we can sign Merriman and he is healthy we still have Torbor and Coleman on IR and can draft one in later rounds. If there is no way to get Luck devote this hole draft class to defense. JMO.

Defensively one of the worst efforts I've seen. Said it before and I'll say it again...picking Spiller and switching to a 3-4 and having a first time DC was a very stupid and arrogant move (with the stress on arrogant) given the personnel on the team.

Picking Spiller and switching to the 34 were moves for the future. Not arrogant at all. The Bills got rolled up the past couple years running the 43. The bottom line is they have

to get personnel that fits the 34. They started last April and will continue in 2011. Change takes time. Be patient or be on the message board whining, but that won't change anything either.

Best team in the NFL. They did the same thing to playoff teams. We're not as good as NE. What team is?

PTR

Yupp. What kills me is how the Bills turned the ball over 7 damn times. Do that against Carolina and you will lose!

Edited by Mr_Blizzard

Picking Spiller and switching to the 34 were moves for the future. Not arrogant at all. The Bills got rolled up the past couple years running the 43. The bottom line is they have

to get personnel that fits the 34. They started last April and will continue in 2011. Change takes time. Be patient or be on the message board whining, but that won't change anything either.

Be patient? Really? You mean 11 seasons isn't enough to wait for the team to finally figure it out? Ah well, they'll throw another deck chair off the titanic, shuffle some other furniture around and voila everything will be great again. Does changes take 11 seasons? Because after today's game, I don't see this team winning 8 games in 2011 provided there's a season.

And BTW, dissent on a message board is actually allowed from time to time. Especially when the football team you root for averages 6 wins per season for a decade. Forgive me for not being more patient, but with a stadium lease expiring after the 2012 season, I'd like to see them win sooner rather than later. Guess I've just got to learn to be more patient.

Spiller has been less than fantastic to this point.

Was there no player they could plug into the 3-4 available at the #8 spot? No LB? No OT? No d-lineman?

Good coaches do not dictate scheme, they do the best with what they have AND they work to add personnel to allow them to play their style of play. Think Parcels is a good coach? Think he's stuck on the 3-4? Why didn't he play it when he first arrived in Dallas? Because he didn't have the personnel to fit the scheme.

It was an arrogant move unless you don't think that winning is important. The future? Tell that to this year's season ticket holders & don't confuse frustration with years of fumbles on and off the field as whining.

Good stuff bill. Funny i dont see any of the kelsay defenders around. I was at the game today and almost puked when kelsay felt the need to flex after that sack, when the game was far out of hand. He SUCKS, and the rest of em besides williams and moats arent that far behind

1) Congrats to Spiller on his one lucky pass reception, but his fumbles were brutal, as was his entire game. He was a disaster today. But, the real disaster wrt Spiller was the day that the Bills wasted a #9 on this stupid, virtually useless little smurf.

2) 6 minutes left. NE was up 31-3 and Belichick went for it on 4th and 9? I should be above this, but I despise that m.f.

3) Kelsay was all pumped after his sack in the 3rd quarter, no? I guess he forgot that he sucks. He is a sub-par football player.

4) The first qtr. td by Woodhead was all on Poz. He couldn't shed blocks, and had a lousy game today.

5) Fitz stunk up the field. I guess he was entitled to do so. Right, or no? Is he our long term answer? You tell me.

6)I liked watching Welker drop passes. Screw him, Brady, Belichick, and the entire Patriots organization.

7) On the first drive, both OGs were blocking like monsters. After that it fell apart.

8) On the play before the early 2nd Qtr. TD, Whitner had a very nice tackle. Of course, it was after a long gain where he was torched by Gronkowski. He wants 7 mil per year? Actually, he is a sorry, suckass, small waste of money. I really do hope that the Bills withdraw their offer to him and usher him out of town. It would be a great step forward in terms of cutting ties with the stupid, losing era of Dick Levy.

11) Arizona won, and this is a good thing for the draft.

12) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This game was a measuring stick, and demonstrated the team has a long way to go before it draws close to New England. In my opinion, the two biggest factors in the Patriots' win were these:

1) Quarterback play. Fitz made good decisions throughout the game. But he often failed to make accurate throws. In previous weeks Fitz's errant passes were sometimes dropped by stone-handed defenders. Today those passes were intercepted. In a game where Fitz needed to provide elite QB play to balance out Brady, he clearly came up short.

2) Time to throw. Brady had all day to throw because of the Bills' lack of pass rush. Meanwhile, Fitz had to deal with problems on the Bills' OL--especially at RT.

Solving the first problem will only take one guy--but that guy should be Andrew Luck. Getting him would involve paying a very high draft day price to Carolina, assuming they're willing to trade their pick at all. Solving the second problem would take a RT, possibly one or more additional OL, and probably at least two front-7 defensive players. The Bills are probably at least two years away from matching the quality of the Patriots' OL and defensive front-7, even if they invest all their early draft picks into the project.

Unfortunately, getting Andrew Luck would also likely use up 1.5 years' worth of early draft picks (at least). So the Bills are probably at least four years away from being competitive with the Patriots, assuming that the front office does an above-average job of player selection, and assuming that the two above-mentioned problems are solved through the draft. If, however, the Bills elect to stick with Fitz, we should expect to see more games in which the Bills lose because Fitz got badly outplayed by Brady.

This game was a measuring stick, and demonstrated the team has a long way to go before it draws close to New England. In my opinion, the two biggest factors in the Patriots' win were these:

1) Quarterback play. Fitz made good decisions throughout the game. But he often failed to make accurate throws. In previous weeks Fitz's errant passes were sometimes dropped by stone-handed defenders. Today those passes were intercepted. In a game where Fitz needed to provide elite QB play to balance out Brady, he clearly came up short.

2) Time to throw. Brady had all day to throw because of the Bills' lack of pass rush. Meanwhile, Fitz had to deal with problems on the Bills' OL--especially at RT.

Solving the first problem will only take one guy--but that guy should be Andrew Luck. Getting him would involve paying a very high draft day price to Carolina, assuming they're willing to trade their pick at all. Solving the second problem would take a RT, possibly one or more additional OL, and probably at least two front-7 defensive players. The Bills are probably at least two years away from matching the quality of the Patriots' OL and defensive front-7, even if they invest all their early draft picks into the project.

After looking at the teams picking before us and what i heard on the NFL network the other night, Carolina might not pick Luck, they picked Clausen last year with a two so they might give him time to develop, the broncos might pick ahead of us they got Tebow, the only problem right now is Cinny they have Palmer but with the year he is having they would probably pick up Luck. I also think the bengals are going to be far behind the Bills as far as rebuilding, a new coach might let TO and Johnson go and pick up AJ Green, that would be awesome. Leaving Luck for the Bills that would be a dream come true.

Unfortunately, getting Andrew Luck would also likely use up 1.5 years' worth of early draft picks (at least). So the Bills are probably at least four years away from being competitive with the Patriots, assuming that the front office does an above-average job of player selection, and assuming that the two above-mentioned problems are solved through the draft. If, however, the Bills elect to stick with Fitz, we should expect to see more games in which the Bills lose because Fitz got badly outplayed by Brady.

On first drive we were moving at 10 yards a clip running and then we decide to start throwing the rest of the game with wind that even Brady could no navigatte. My problem is why not just keep runnign? Spiller is very hestant on KO returns and also as a RB. Should be instinctive I would have thoight with is history. Guess we just have to be patient with him on the fumbles as well for now. Jackson looks unstoppable but we don't run him enough. Does not matter who we have at TE as we don't utilize him in pasing game anyway. Might as well just put out a 3rd Tackle or guard in that spot but I guess we have no depth on OL to even consider that. Martin sucks all around.

seeing that we should draft between 3-7 we need an OT or LB first and then just keep alternating the whole draft.

I think Troup and Carrington show enough size/strength to get better next year.

Go back to a 4-3 strictly with bigger guys and we will be OK. Need a big strong saftey to replace small Witner.

Be patient? Really? You mean 11 seasons isn't enough to wait for the team to finally figure it out? Ah well, they'll throw another deck chair off the titanic, shuffle some other furniture around and voila everything will be great again. Does changes take 11 seasons? Because after today's game, I don't see this team winning 8 games in 2011 provided there's a season.

And BTW, dissent on a message board is actually allowed from time to time. Especially when the football team you root for averages 6 wins per season for a decade. Forgive me for not being more patient, but with a stadium lease expiring after the 2012 season, I'd like to see them win sooner rather than later. Guess I've just got to learn to be more patient.

Expecting a new GM/coach to turn things around in 1 season because previous seasons have been bad is asinine. No surprise you subscribe to that theory.

I find it odd how you complain that you supposedly want the Bills to re-build the correct way, yet then you B word about how they need to win now. Seems to me like you just want to whine and B word no matter what situation.

I wonder if Chan will B word Spiller out. CJ lost concentration as the game wore on and that last fumble was atrocious and completely unacceptable. No excuse for that.

Fitz is winging it a little too much. His accuracy (or lack thereof) is a killer.

Man do we need players all over on D and on the OL.

I actually hope Chan plays Brohm this week. We'd be better off with the #4 pick instead of the #10.