A Few Thoughts About The Game

Bill from NYC

1) Congrats to Spiller on his one lucky pass reception, but his fumbles were brutal, as was his entire game. He was a disaster today. But, the real disaster wrt Spiller was the day that the Bills wasted a #9 on this stupid, virtually useless little smurf.

2) 6 minutes left. NE was up 31-3 and Belichick went for it on 4th and 9? I should be above this, but I despise that m.f.

3) Kelsay was all pumped after his sack in the 3rd quarter, no? I guess he forgot that he sucks. He is a sub-par football player.

4) The first qtr. td by Woodhead was all on Poz. He couldn't shed blocks, and had a lousy game today.

5) Fitz stunk up the field. I guess he was entitled to do so. Right, or no? Is he our long term answer? You tell me.

6)I liked watching Welker drop passes. Screw him, Brady, Belichick, and the entire Patriots organization.

7) On the first drive, both OGs were blocking like monsters. After that it fell apart.

8) On the play before the early 2nd Qtr. TD, Whitner had a very nice tackle. Of course, it was after a long gain where he was torched by Gronkowski. He wants 7 mil per year? Actually, he is a sorry, suckass, small waste of money. I really do hope that the Bills withdraw their offer to him and usher him out of town. It would be a great step forward in terms of cutting ties with the stupid, losing era of Dick Levy.

9) The Bills would win one, perhaps 2 more games next seson if they had a good right offensive tackle. They are manning this position with utter, absolute garbage. I understand that OTs don't sell tickets, but winning football games does. You can't win football games with garbage at OT. The Bills are living proof.

10) Troup was on the field but showed nothing. This sucks. However, Carrington did appear to be alive. That doesn't suck.

11) Arizona won, and this is a good thing for the draft.

12) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Bill from NYC

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Congrats to Spiller on his one lucky pass reception, but his fumbles were brutal, as was his entire game. He was a disaster today. But, the real disaster wrt Spiller was the day that the Bills wasted a #9 on this stupid, virtually useless little smurf.

2) 6 minutes left. NE was up 31-3 and Belichick went for it on 4th and 9? I should be above this, but I despise that m.f.

3) Kelsay was all pumped after his sack in the 3rd quarter, no? I guess he forgot that he stunk up the field, and he is a sub-par football player.

4) The first qtr. td by Woodhead was all on Poz. He couldn't shed blocks, and had a lousy game today.

5) Fitz stunk up the field. I guess he was entitled to do so. Right, or no? Is he our long term answer? You tell me.

6)I liked watching Welker drop passes. Screw him, Brady, Belichick, and the entire Patriots organization.

7) On the first drive, both OGs were blocking like monsters. After that it fell apart.

8) On the play before the early 2nd Qtr. TD, Whitner had a very nice tackle. Of course, it was after a long gain where he was torched by Gronkowski. He wants 7 mil per year? Actually, he is a sorry, suckass, small waste of money. I really do hope that the Bills withdraw their offer to him and usher him out of town. It would be a great step forward in terms of cut ties with the stupid, losing era of Dick Levy.

9) The Bills would win one, perhaps 2 more games next seson if they had a good right offensive tackle. They are manning this position with utter, absolute garbage. I understand that OTs don't sell tickets, but winning football games does. You can't win football games with garbage at OT. The Bills are living proof.

10) Troup was on the field but showed nothing. This sucks. However, Carrington did appear to be alive. That doesn't suck.

Particularly aggressive today. A saucy game, perhaps?

Two responses:

On point 7: both Chan and Fitz stated in their pressers that after the first drive, New England switched up their personnel and formations to be much more stout against the run.

Your first point has now become my signature. I will keep it there to a.) demonstrate to the world your intellectual authority or b.) show just how dumb a statement like can look a year or two down the road. Either way, the world will know! :thumbsup:

3) Kelsay was all pumped after his sack in the 3rd quarter, no? I guess he forgot that he sucks. He is a sub-par football player.

8) On the play before the early 2nd Qtr. TD, Whitner had a very nice tackle. Of course, it was after a long gain where he was torched by Gronkowski. He wants 7 mil per year? Actually, he is a sorry, suckass, small waste of money. I really do hope that the Bills withdraw their offer to him and usher him out of town. It would be a great step forward in terms of cutting ties with the stupid, losing era of Dick Levy.

Dad? Is that you? Sounds exactly what I heard for roughly 3 hrs today. :bag:

Bill I normally agree with your analysis however not sure I agree on a few.

1) Spiller, given how bad the run D is would have preferred a different pick. Not clear he can be labled a bust yet but clearly had a terrible game in cold and snow.

2) Couldnt agree more I wish the sf would crash and burn one of these days

3) Kelsey is beyond subpar he out right SUCKS and the fact they extended him is CRAZY and makes me concerned about the FO

I am very concerned in general about the draft picks made this year, none of the top rounders have made an impact on this team. RT MUST be fixed and as much of Levy/DJ picks must be jetisoned from this team. I was impressed with the performance of McCargo and Maybin today they did a great job of keeping a seat warm.

Bill, My comments to your comments (in order)

1. Hard to argue with you when you look at our defensive front 7 and our OL depth.

2. Agree.

3. Agree. I want him cut next year.

4. Poz got creammed but were was the help? Jarius Byrd got sucked to his left and then took a bad angle. I blame Byrd for the TD.

5. Fitz is Fitz and that game comes with the territory. I question Chan for giving up on the run way too early and for calling so many deep passes on makeable 3rd down situations. Too many home run attempts. With our defense we need "ball control".

6. Agree

7. I did not see the monsters. I saw hard running and I saw NE over pursue and get burned on cutbacks.

8. Whitner will go were the money is .. and it is not Buffalo.

9. They need to sign a veteran OT and then draft one too. And I dont mean a 7th round project either.

10. Troup has outplayed Carrington all year. That said, neither of them were ready to contribute as rookies and, in retrospct, the whole idea of changing to a 3-4 in one year with the talent we have was just silly. Add in a rookie DC and you get the defense we have.

11. agree.

12. The season is coming to a merciful end.

Way to stay classy with #1. :thumbdown:

Fans wonder why players hate them? #1 is a perfect example of why.

Players hate fans? That is a new one.

I always hear the opposite. Fans pay the salaries.

the only redeeming thing i saw in the game was how fast williams comes out of his stance. he went into the backfield on a few plays but nobody else did anything.

spiller isn't ready for primetime and i think a number 9 running back should be. that being said, i think he'll be weapon down the road. if next year is mediocre, then that pick looks like the dolphins taking ted ginn.

can't fault the patsies for going for it on 4th down. wasn't the ball on the 28 yard line? no real shot at a field goal and a punt would have been odd.

donte's coverage on gronkowski was laughable. it really was. he simply isn't big enough to cover a good TE. not so hot hot with mediocre TEs either.

fitz played poorly. i still like him.

steve johnson needs to catch that 4th and 12 pass. yes he got hit. he still needs to catch it. probably wouldn't have changed the outcome, but the bills had a shot to make it 14-10.

bills-giants superbowl. i had flashbacks. belicheck's D went out and slammed reed on his crossing patterns at every opportunity. it was the time i ever saw reed rattled. the whole bills receiving corp except for roosevelt was rattled today. can't blame nelson though. fitz put him in a terrible position.

this was the first time i've seen gailey outmaneuvered by a defense.

Edited by billsintaiwan

Yes, Fitz had a really bad day, and it is to bad they did not try the relief pitcher..Brohm We really don't know about him.....and we could have found out if her is/was as bad as Fitz on this day. You know, in baseball, its no sin to bring in a reief pitcher......I wonder why Chan did not see it was out of hand by one series into the second half (yeh, but remember the second half at Cinci) anyhow, got some JV's out there in other positions...RG?RT, why not try out theJV QB and see if he can do it with the big boys.

Interesting comments, Bill from NYC. Bit of a "tough crowd" at times, but when you're right, you're right (Whitner)

Heh, heh. Did you catch the announcers saying something about he can rush the passer as well as anyone?

I sat back, stunned. *blink* *blink* he can? did I miss it while *blink*ing?

He did indeed. Good teams, and good players, have bad days. Doesn't make them entitled, doesn't excuse it, does happen sometimes.

Real Q to me is why, and is it something Fitzy can fix going forward?

For whatever reason, seemed he was trying too hard today instead of playing his own game.

That's a head thing, and Fitz seems in general to have a sound head and the ability to make adjustments and move forward.

I think Fitz is like Stevie Johnson, a player who could become very very good if he continues to develop.

I think your point #9 is germaine - I'd like to see Fitz behind a decent OL and with a decent TE.

My opinion no salesman will call, I think Magical Franchise QB would suck behind this OL.

We'll see next season - does Fitz continue to improve or has he plateaued?

I think it was important for Fitz to see that Chan would stick with him and not yank him and put in Brohm.

I don't think he's the kind of guy you improve or motivate by benching for one bad game.

In his presser, Gailey commented that NE had changed up their D after the 1st drive. (I joined the game in the 2nd Q so can't say)

I think his comment was they switched from a nickle package to stacking the box. Maybe someone who saw it can comment.

In his presser, Gailey commented that NE had changed up their D after the 1st drive. (I joined the game in the 2nd Q so can't say)

I think his comment was they switched from a nickle package to stacking the box. Maybe someone who saw it can comment.

It made sense to me after I heard his presser. I remember thinking.....where did all these big-azz D-men come from? :blush:

If you need one play that encapsulates Kelsay's contributions it's a drive in the first half where he gets ridden 10 yds behind Brady, yet Brady is in the pocket for a very very long time, Kelsay runs back, then suddenly stops before he reaches Brady because he thinks Brady will throw the ball. Instead Brady takes off for a 1st down run. If Kelsay keeps coming, it's a sack.

Did you see the play where he was ridden 5 yards out of bounds? Cannot shed blocks is a correct statement.

I don't remember which TD it was, forgive me for losing track...but the play by play guy ended his sentence with the following "and Whitner was back there watching". That pretty much sums things up.

One other thought...so, the pats* changed their defense after the first series? Yet we had no counter moves?

Defensively one of the worst efforts I've seen. Said it before and I'll say it again...picking Spiller and switching to a 3-4 and having a first time DC was a very stupid and arrogant move (with the stress on arrogant) given the personnel on the team.