How about a little love for Mansfield Wrotto

Not bad for another reclamation project. Did Wake even play??? I know he had some help along the way, but I'm sure others before him did also, and didn't fare as well. All in all I thought he turned in a pretty decent performance. Bring us your tired, your weary, your down trodden, yearning to be free. This team of cast offs and unwanted's just keep playing in your face football. You gotte love it! I would love to see a sweep of the AFC East to finish the season. This band of over achievers deserves some credit.

Not bad for another reclamation project. Did Wake even play??? I know he had some help along the way, but I'm sure others before him did also, and didn't fare as well. All in all I thought he turned in a pretty decent performance. Bring us your tired, your weary, your down trodden, yearning to be free. This team of cast offs and unwanted's just keep playing in your face football. You gotte love it! I would love to see a sweep of the AFC East to finish the season. This band of over achievers deserves some credit.

So would I my friend, so would I. :thumbsup:

Wrotto has done a remarkable job considering his background of not being able to find a home.

I've been very pleased with him since he came to Buffalo. I was just thinking the other day, how he stabilizes the position since no one like...Howard Ballard?

And how about Bell?

Both of these guys were up against Wake and both played superb.

Before you go anointing Wrotto the second coming, watch the game again. Wrotto, when facing Wake, had lots of help or the throws were of the quick variety. No one on the O-line did a decent job in the run game. He may become serviceable, but he still has a long way to go both in the pass game and the run game.

Edited by Spiderweb

Wrotto has done a remarkable job considering his background of not being able to find a home.

I've been very pleased with him since he came to Buffalo. I was just thinking the other day, how he stabilizes the position since no one like...Howard Ballard?

And how about Bell?

Both of these guys were up against Wake and both played superb.

There is a good story brewing here. I mean what Gailey is doing with this crew of misfits.

Too bad they haven't won enough games to get the attention of outside media (local media aren't capable of doing the full story). Maybe over the summer or next year.

Before you go anointing Wrotto the second coming, watch the game again. Wrotto, when facing Wake, had lots of help or the throws were of the quick variety. No one on the O-line did a decent job in the run game. He may become serviceable, but he still has a long way to go both in the pass game and the run game.

I'm not saying I wouldn't love to find a solid RT somewhere(but not the first two rounds) in the draft. Just saying he seemed to do a servicable job against the leagues #1 rusher, and deserved a little love. If you look at films I'd be willing to bet quite a few RT's go some help against Wake this year and didn't do as well.

No team has been good against the Dolphins in the run game this year.. And just be happy the line didn't get fitz killed, hell other teams have chipped, and double team Wake and lost focus of Misi and got there QB hammered. Hands down they did a great job yesterday.. Can't we be happy about something this team has shown..

Another band of misfits just won the World Series. There's just something about pulling together as a TEAM.

But our pitching will never be that good! I was in SF for that and I dream of the day I can fly back home to Buffalo for such an amazing spectacle as a Lombardi trophy being carried into Niagra Square. But I doubt we'd get Journey's Steve Perry to be on the stage like the Giants...

I'm a Wrotto-rooter. I hope he continues to develop but I honestly can't evaluate whether he can be an elite tackle or just a great interim step on the way to one. He's gotten a fair amount of help as many point out, but C.Biscuit's got it right - hats off to the coaches for putting him in a position where he can succeed.

No team has been good against the Dolphins in the run game this year.. And just be happy the line didn't get fitz killed, hell other teams have chipped, and double team Wake and lost focus of Misi and got there QB hammered. Hands down they did a great job yesterday.. Can't we be happy about something this team has shown..

Some people just can not be happy about any positive aspect you may find with the Bills, and they must piss in your corn flakes.

I think Wrotto has done a good job. Perhaps they are designing blocking schemes to help him out, but seems to do well.

I can recall only two penalties on Wrotto in recent weeks. Not too shabby.

Agreed. But it sure is nice having a coach that can neutralize a dominant player to allow the team to win a game.

Wrotto's done an admirable job, but there's no way I'm happy with the team if they don't add a decent RT over the off-season.

Don't know much about the new OL guys they picked up, but they are big, and at least one has RT written all over him. While I agree that they should draft a tackle at some point, I'd prefer 3 out of the first 4 picks focus on the front 7 of the D. I think the combination of Oline coaching, Gailey's scheme, and Fitz at QB make OL a lower draft priority now.

Don't know much about the new OL guys they picked up, but they are big, and at least one has RT written all over him. While I agree that they should draft a tackle at some point, I'd prefer 3 out of the first 4 picks focus on the front 7 of the D. I think the combination of Oline coaching, Gailey's scheme, and Fitz at QB make OL a lower draft priority now.

If they can make castoffs serviceable, imagine what they could do with genuinely good-great players. If ol is your bpa at the picks, take 'Em. If it's front 7 defense, take Em. If it's pretty much any position, this team lacks star players all over. I like the trenches, all things equal but that's because I think they will change the face of the entire unit, not just their position group... There's not one player, offense or defense that you MUST account for currently. To win consistently we need to find those players and build systems around them. with help on the lines we might find those guys on the roster already even. I won't cry if green is our bpa though cause it looks like we can atleast "get by" with what we've got up front.

Imagine Evans Johnson Nelson and Parrish with spiller as an underneath if we didn't have to keep in backs and TEs.

That's easily correctable with a good offseason weight lifting program

You'd think if it were that easy, it wouldve happened. Weak upper bodies can be worked on but coming out of a high level college program then several NFL programs... Either there's huge motivation issues, or I think more likely his frame and natural build dont support the muscle. One hopes with better technique and some hard work you see a difference. Not something I hold my breath for, but is possible.

Edited by NoSaint