Al Qaeda May Be Targeting Football Stadiums

truth on hold

So?

So, the point is, as intelligent consumers of news (which I hope some of us are) we should recognize this sort of stuff for what it is. It fills the news hole. It isn't wrong/false info. But it isn't "new" either. For a short period of time it moves to the forefront because it is being pushed by those who make $$ off of our fear, and know this is the time of year to make hay with this sort of info.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, the point is, as intelligent consumers of news (which I hope some of us are) we should recognize this sort of stuff for what it is. It fills the news hole. It isn't wrong/false info. But it isn't "new" either. For a short period of time it moves to the forefront because it is being pushed by those who make $$ off of our fear, and know this is the time of year to make hay with this sort of info.

It depends, if they have new and credible information re: specific targets, then it is new and noteworthy. If not then it's a general rehash of stuff we already know. But in this case they're saying it's the former.

fear mongering and scare tactics. Feel free to turn back on fox news propaganda

If you don't want your posts removed then don't respond to political posts that will inevitably be removed along with any replies.

And I have no idea what on Earth you're talking about re: Wallymart.

So you remove a reply to a political post. But not the original political post, which is still there as of 08:34AM? Fair and balanced indeed

And RE: Walmart® / See Something Say Something

that exactly what I said. Nice non sequitur logic there. Do I think a stadium is a potential target? Of course. But so is rodeos, fruit stands, circus', nail salons, star trek conventions, unicycle manufacturers, aquariums, etc. Unlike many Americans- I don't pay any attention whatsoever to what the terror color is. And the mainstream media is a joke. If that is what the public is basing their news on, then no wonder much of the world finds Americans dumb

Oh, bull ****. What terrorist is going to blend in at a Star Trek convention?

I wonder what the responses would have been like if something like this was reported on just before 9-11? A story about a possible terrorist attack on the World Trade Centers. I'm sure that would have been called "fear mongering" or "propaganda" as well. Or yeah, yeah it's old news, the WTC was attacked already, we can't let the terrorists win.

For all of the people arguing on the "Take this more seriously" side, what would you suggest people do about this?

Not attend NFL or college football games anymore, or just avoid any crowded place at all costs?

Seems like there really is no answer that makes sense which is where I believe the "not living my life in fear" crowd is coming from.

It is no secret that the world is a dangerous place. You have to evaluate personal risks every day in one way or another and hopefully come out on top more often than not. To me going to a Bills game or to the mall is still an acceptable risk, but I wouldn't judge anyone harshly who disagreed.

For all of the people arguing on the "Take this more seriously" side, what would you suggest people do about this?

Not attend NFL or college football games anymore, or just avoid any crowded place at all costs?

Seems like there really is no answer that makes sense which is where I believe the "not living my life in fear" crowd is coming from.

It is no secret that the world is a dangerous place. You have to evaluate personal risks every day in one way or another and hopefully come out on top more often than not. To me going to a Bills game or to the mall is still an acceptable risk, but I wouldn't judge anyone harshly who disagreed.

Agreed.

The take it more seriously message is to be aware when you see something that just doesn't make sense. That guy who just left his bag under the seat and walked away? Yeah, it's probably nothing, but tell him "hey, you forgot your bag". If nothing else, you probably just saved that guy from having to buy some new stuff. I see no problem in it.

hey...Al Q reads these boards...probably in Pakistan someone is running into OBL's little hut and saying

"HEY...I GOT AN IDEA FROM TBD...Let's BLOW UP A STADIUM!!"

Do you think they are happy with the Buffalo Bills? Or have any insight in to Maybin? There are just some things those savages should share with us!

Do you think they are happy with the Buffalo Bills? Or have any insight in to Maybin? There are just some things those savages should share with us!

I'm pretty sure that they're actually behind this long period of suck that is known as Buffalo Bills football.

Black Sunday

What is the big deal? We have been dealing with this kind of threat since 1977.

And more recently Sum Of All Fears

I also remember back in the early-mid 80's a made for TV movie about terrorists in America, just can't remember the title. One scene showed two of them walking down a mall hallway tossing gernades in every store they went by. So I guess I shouldn't go shopping also?

So you remove a reply to a political post. But not the original political post, which is still there as of 08:34AM? Fair and balanced indeed

Sorry, I'm not seeing any political posts in this thread.

I also remember back in the early-mid 80's a made for TV movie about terrorists in America, just can't remember the title. One scene showed two of them walking down a mall hallway tossing gernades in every store they went by. So I guess I shouldn't go shopping also?

Found it : Under Siege (not the Steven Segal movie)