Al Qaeda May Be Targeting Football Stadiums

truth on hold

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For all of the people arguing on the "Take this more seriously" side, what would you suggest people do about this?

Not attend NFL or college football games anymore, or just avoid any crowded place at all costs?

Seems like there really is no answer that makes sense which is where I believe the "not living my life in fear" crowd is coming from.

It is no secret that the world is a dangerous place. You have to evaluate personal risks every day in one way or another and hopefully come out on top more often than not. To me going to a Bills game or to the mall is still an acceptable risk, but I wouldn't judge anyone harshly who disagreed.

Metal Man, what you say is true, and I do not believe that we should live in fear.

What I want to know is why are some people so upset about this stuff being reported. I watched the clip, and nobody was suggesting that we should live in fear. Did they state the obvious about where attacks could take place? Yes, and I do not see the harm in that. It certainly is'nt fear mongering.

As I said, we should'nt live in fear, but we should show concern. It is true that there are some dangerous people out there who want to harm this country, and that should be taken seriously.

Metal Man, what you say is true, and I do not believe that we should live in fear.

What I want to know is why are some people so upset about this stuff being reported. I watched the clip, and nobody was suggesting that we should live in fear. Did they state the obvious about where attacks could take place? Yes, and I do not see the harm in that. It certainly is'nt fear mongering.

As I said, we should'nt live in fear, but we should show concern. It is true that there are some dangerous people out there who want to harm this country, and that should be taken seriously.

In as much as I might be upset (I'm not), it's only because of the "report the blistering obvious" nature of the story, like how they waste massive amounts of time every single !@#$ing Thanksgiving reporting that the airports are busy.

I just hate filler, I guess.

Because I believe that terrorists do want to attack and kill americans here in the this country, I don't consider reporting on legitimate threats to be fear mongering.

I think a little different that some people. I don't live in fear, I carry on my life as I would otherwise. I do however take the warning to heart, and regularly think about what I will do if the unthinkable happens. I would not go to a large sporting event/concert/etc. without having a plan. I would make sure my loved ones knew what to do and when to do it. I also would protect my family with my life if necessary. Running around aimlessly or even worse in a panicked state after or during an attack will do nothing if not cause my/your demise.

So what if the media is reporting on terror threats? It just reminds me that we are at war with terrorists, and they really want attack us here again.

Or, you can walk around with your head up your ass.... you pick.:lol:

In as much as I might be upset (I'm not), it's only because of the "report the blistering obvious" nature of the story, like how they waste massive amounts of time every single !@#$ing Thanksgiving reporting that the airports are busy.

I just hate filler, I guess.

Two days later, guess what - malls are busy!