Draft day futility

Mr. WEO

Today's game was a snapshot of how the Bills treat he first round of the draft. Look at our young stars:

Spiller---too soon to decide "bust", but clearly a wasted pick. He's a RB---a top 10 back on a team with many needs has to come in and contribute immediately. This kid hasn't delivered on all that was promised--he looks lost out there.

Maybin--certain bust that should have spotted a mile away.

Wood---solid player but injured again. Not his fault, but fact is he's not on the field for a team with )-line problems. Likely an injury prone career.

McKelvin---besides the idiocy of taking a DB in the top 15, he sucks. Getting worse at both KR and DB. A true game loser.

(Lynch---gone, replaced by Spiller)

Whitner----see above re:DBs in top 15 for teams with many needs. Fact is he's not very good. If he was a 6th round pick, no one would think better of him. He'd be Keith Ellison.

McCargo---absolute bust who is, inexplicably, still on the team. A ghost today.

So, what's the difference if we pick 1,2 or 3?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget Lee Evans; #13 overall for an average #2 WR, JP Losman for whatever king's ransom we traded for that pick, and Willis McGahee (dumped to draft Lynch who was dumped to draft Spiller).

I was limiting the drafts on display today. But your point is well taken.

Today's game was a snapshot of how the Bills treat he first round of the draft. Look at our young stars:

Spiller---too soon to decide "bust", but clearly a wasted pick. He's a RB---a top 10 back on a team with many needs has to come in and contribute immediately. This kid hasn't delivered on all that was promised--he looks lost out there.

Wood---solid player but injured again. Not his fault, but fact is he's not on the field for a team with )-line problems. Likely an injury prone career.

McKelvin---besides the idiocy of taking a DB in the top 15, he sucks. Getting worse at both KR and DB. A true game loser.

Whitner----see above re:DBs in top 15 for teams with many needs. Fact is he's not very good. If he was a 6th round pick, no one would think better of him. He'd be Keith Ellison.

I have some encouraging news that you might find uplifting. Tom Modrak is still the head of college scouting. :oops: LOL

Edited by JohnC

Yup.

It doesn't matter who we pick.... no matter who they are, they will be a loser. The only success a player can hope to have if we draft them, is if we get rid of them and he goes to play in the UFL.

Jeez...I think I'll go suck on my exhaust pipe for a while, maybe take a swan dive off the garage roof :cry:

RW has to pay a heck of a lot more in guaranteed money.

Hell, I guarantee the Bills are gonna F%@k their pick up. The only upside, as you mention, is that Wilson is gonna take it up his arse big time paying guaranteed money to another bust... and deservedly so. He hasn't given two schittz about the fans for a long time.

I have some encouraging news that you might find uplifting. Tom Modrak is still the head of college scouting. :oops: LOL

The sad comedy is that Modrak is deemed untouchable, apparently because the owner feels his evaluations have been mismanaged by others such as Donahoe and Jauron. That seems to be a common theme in the front office, everyone is doing a super job so long as they aren't the guy put forward as the human shield. Note to Buddy: that means you, so be careful where you take your naps.

The sad comedy is that Modrak is deemed untouchable, apparently because the owner feels his evaluations have been mismanaged by others such as Donahoe and Jauron. That seems to be a common theme in the front office, everyone is doing a super job so long as they aren't the guy put forward as the human shield. Note to Buddy: that means you, so be careful where you take your naps.

There are a many peculiarities to this very ramshackle organization. What is even more weird is the number of people that truly believe that the team is on the verge of emerging. Just odd, very odd.

:wallbash:

Wow, a thread with all the negative guys on it. Just missing a few of you but I'm sure the rest will show up sooner or later.

how exciting.

Yeah, because winning is overrated. You do realize this franchise is averaging about 6 wins per this decade, right? The same team with 1 winning season in that same stretch.

We get that anyone who rains on your homer parade and isn't glowing about the team bothers you. It's called the ignore button Hondo.

Don't forget Lee Evans; #13 overall for an average #2 WR, JP Losman for whatever king's ransom we traded for that pick, and Willis McGahee (dumped to draft Lynch who was dumped to draft Spiller).

Let's not forget Mike Williams. I know that your lists are players on the team, but to wiff that badly again and again and again and...

i hate speculation but could you imagine oher levitre handy wood bell? with wood moved to center and wang in at guard we would have a huge o line that could protect anyone. then if instead of spiller we take brandon graham and we have a nice end. i love playing hypothetical gm.

Female caning?

Obviously, because he is a fan. Just because he is a fan with expectations doesn't mean he isn't a fan.

Doc will never understand that concept.

Real fans tolerate endless mediocrity, or worse, without question--perhaps much as in life.

Yeah, because winning is overrated. You do realize this franchise is averaging about 6 wins per this decade, right? The same team with 1 winning season in that same stretch.

We get that anyone who rains on your homer parade and isn't glowing about the team bothers you. It's called the ignore button Hondo.

How could anyone forget with your 4,288 posts telling us everyday? But hey, thanks for keeping it "real". :thumbdown: