Draft day futility

Mr. WEO

All we have to do is go with the obvious choice. McKinney was the obvious choice over Williams. Ngata was the obvious choice over Whitner. Dalls Clark over mcgahee (we had travis henry) CJ Spiller was not the obvious choice and his play has shown it this year.

Obvious Choice? Offensive and Defensive Line. Get the best player available. If a franchise caliber linebacker or tight end is available, go for him. Quarterback? another losing proposition that won't really help this team yet. There will be qb's in future drafts when we need them.

Exactly. And Ryan Clady over McKelvin. Orakpa/Oher over Maybin. It just goes on and on. Thanks for reminding me why the draft position is meaningless.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? Come on doc. That's your carefully considered response?

OK, I'll go along: of course it doesn't ensure success, but the current owner ensures continued failure while he owns the team.

Another way to make this simple concept even more clear: the new owner would offer the "hope" of success.

it all starts at the top..even the arrogant, little man who named a stadium after himself concedes this and apologized to us all for whatever that's worth. what's not being said but obliquely inferred in several posts is his rumored meddling in the draft, especially high picks. it really is the only conceivable reason for such consistent failure to me.