Walking Dead

ajzepp

Yes...the scene with the hitchiker was really great.... my favorite scene from the show, all-time (I think) was the one with the "businessman zombie" marching across a field, as Shane took a slight notice from the car window...nice framing for the begining and end of the show. The scene last night was a nice, reminder of the abyss that these people exist in. Honeslty, the writing was a notch above what I have come to expect from the show at this point..Rick recognizing the insanity of Morgan (guy was great on this episode) as the direction he is heading in. Big thumbs up for me...I was losing faith in the writing. Didn't notice who wrote this one, but will be curious to see if they write some more memorable ones.

This was sort of a "bottle episode" that took us on an excursion (other than a few verbal references) from the on-going story line...it was kind of refreshing.

Agree on the scene where Shane sees the tall walker in a suit lumbering through the field with great music playing. That was a very poignant moment for the show. I was thinking the same thing about this being a "bottle episode" while watching... "There are only 4 'actors' here. The make-up/scenery is expensive but they're saving money on SAG lines.'" Carl wanting that photo from the diner just for his little sister drove home how he's grown so fast. That's not how a normal 13 year-old thinks.

Getting some closure with Morgan was nice (Lennie James is such a superior actor, I was worried he'd destroy Andrew Lincoln but it worked out). The story about Duane & his 'Mom' was heart-breaking but just about right.

According to IMDb, we're not done with Morgan.

This episode made me think TWD is on the right path going forward.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this show suffers when its watched weekly. I've been rewatching season 3 with my daughter and even the slower episodes work better when watched as part of a mini marathon. Waiting a week after a "setup" episode can get frustrating.

I think this show suffers when its watched weekly. I've been rewatching season 3 with my daughter and even the slower episodes work better when watched as part of a mini marathon. Waiting a week after a "setup" episode can get frustrating.

I did that with season 2 and didn't mind one bit all the complaints that people said about the search for Sophia.. DVDs and streaming of shows online has really hurt the "live viewing" of tv shows. That said, I'm 3 episodes behind right now and they're still waiting for me on the DVR. I'm guessing I'll enjoy them all.

Yeah, I agree, some shows just work better in rapid succession. "Boardwalk Empire" is much the same.

Glad that I'm not alone thinking this. That being said, last nights episode was great. .

I thought the Morgan episode was excellent (particularly by Walking Dead standards), but the last two have just been "meh"...for me. Hate to say it...but I may stop watching when this season is over.

So, I just read this article on the Huffigton Post about this past weeks episode. I guess there is much more going on with this show than I realized...or maybe you have to read the comics to get the whole thing...it just confirms, for me, that the writing on this show sucks. Obviously, don't read this if you haven't seen this past weeks episode.

http://www.huffingto...l?utm_hp_ref=tv

Edited by Buftex

He got shot by the Gov. and turned into a zombie. When Daryl arrived, Zombie Merle attacked him and Daryl repeatedly stabbed him in the face.

I loved the way he used the Governors tactics against him.

The group at the prison is going to really miss Merle.......he may have thinned out their ranks but he is a good fighter and the prison group is drastically outnumbered

What they really need is Morgan and all those booby traps.