Walking Dead

ajzepp

Heard the guy who plays Rick (Andrew Lincoln?) talking about how difficult it was to get the original actors to call to get their voices for the episode...maybe Dale wasn't available! No Shane either!

So it was Amy, Jim, and Lori who Rick heard on the line. Who was the other? Was there another?

Thoughts on this episode:

• I'm glad Daryl found Carol. I like their weird relationship.
  • The Governor is one evil dude. Sending a death-squad after Michonne was definitely the wrong move. Eventually Andrea will find out.
  • Andrea has horrible taste in men.
  • Michonne is now with the prison group. I'm looking forward to a conversation between her and Axel.
  • Bad news for Glen & Maggie... I hope things work out for them.
  • That girl with the bow on the wall was going to be an Olympian? Really? She might have the worst aim in the history of the show.
  • Two more episodes left for the first half of season 3. I figure there will be a huge thing or a cliff-hanger for S3E8.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard the guy who plays Rick (Andrew Lincoln?) talking about how difficult it was to get the original actors to call to get their voices for the episode...maybe Dale wasn't available! No Shane either!

Shane was a very different case though. The rest were deaths that were out of Rick's control.

Hops, the second female voice was Jackie, the woman who stayed behind at the CDC.

Edited by shrader

no, one of the Woodbury citizens (a woman, don't remember who) blew Lori away as she was fleeing the prison, killing both her and the baby. When she found out that there was a baby, and that the prison people were not the evil folks the Governer protrayed them as, she lost it and blew the Gov away with the same shotgun...

Man, don't know how I forgot that. I guess my memory just filled that in for me. All I remember is the disturbing two pager

Man, don't know how I forgot that. I guess my memory just filled that in for me. All I remember is the disturbing two pager

yeah, it's such a dark work. There was so much more evil things in there. I have repeatedly said that if they get even half as dark as the book, this show will be pushing it. They started down that path a bit when the kid Randall admitted being a party to gang rape of two teenagers in front of their father under questioning, but the GN gets sooo much worse. Like these (SPOLIERS):

1. the three redneck dudes trying to rape Carl at the gas station, Rick has to chew through the one guys neck. Carl admits he was glad Rick killed the three.

2. The big blond guy (can't remember his name) telling Rick how his neighbors gang raped his wife and 8 year old daughter, and how he had to kill them all, even the teenage kid who used to cut his grass.

3. The hunters subplot. The guys who ate thier own children and were trying to pick off the group, only to be taken apart piece by piece by Rick and company.

4. Rick and Michonne's treatment in Woodbury, and teh subsequent revenge on the Governer by Michonne.

When would the second half of season 3 be back on?

Nothing has been confirmed but according to IMDb, it will be sometime in February 2013. Last year they started the second half of Season 2 on February 12th. I'd guess they'd do the same this time around and restart this season the Sunday after the Super Bowl.

AMC usually brings back shows in July...

Breaking Bad will probably come back in July for the second half of the final season (Season 5). Mad Men will probably return in late March. These are just my guesses.

Oh and "The Killing" is coming back for a 3rd season on Netflix. I heard that "Boss" was cancelled by Starz. I'd like to see that continue somewhere.

When would the second half of season 3 be back on?

Website says the second half will begin in the "spring"... my guess is March...

Oh and "The Killing" is coming back for a 3rd season on Netflix. I heard that "Boss" was cancelled by Starz. I'd like to see that continue somewhere.

Hopefully with different writers...acting is fine! I can't believe how awful that show was...

Given a choice between the three, I'd rather have a show with BOTH Lori and Carol over Andrea, hands down. I hope the Governers daughter eats her for lunch...

Agreed. I find scenes with Andrea painful to watch. This is odd, because I find her attractive and she seemed to have a smokin' body when they showed her getting governed. Still, all the hot in the world can't help her one note acting. Michonne's constant scowling thinks that Andrea needs to show more depth.

Hops, the second female voice was Jackie, the woman who stayed behind at the CDC.

Ah, thanks. Not much depth to Jackie but having her make the decision to stay there with Jenner was a good thought exercise. I was reminded of her when Daryl & Andrea found that guy in the woods that had "opted out" and was hanging from the tree. The survival instinct is strong but living in that world... suicide is a topic that needs to be examined. It's sort of like how religion/morality is something always hanging over "Dexter".

Ah, thanks. Not much depth to Jackie but having her make the decision to stay there with Jenner was a good thought exercise. I was reminded of her when Daryl & Andrea found that guy in the woods that had "opted out" and was hanging from the tree. The survival instinct is strong but living in that world... suicide is a topic that needs to be examined. It's sort of like how religion/morality is something always hanging over "Dexter".

The farmhouse season would have been far more entertaining if Beth had been successful in killing herself. They would have unexpectedly wound up with a zombie inside the house.

I love how unpredictable this thing looks going into next week. There are so many cases of split loyalties heading into this mini-war: Merle, Darryl, Andrea... this thing could go in any direction.

And I really hope they didn't give away too much with one line Carl said in the previews for next week.

I love how unpredictable this thing looks going into next week. There are so many cases of split loyalties heading into this mini-war: Merle, Darryl, Andrea... this thing could go in any direction.

And I really hope they didn't give away too much with one line Carl said in the previews for next week.

Indeed. I really like how this season is playing out. I really don't have any idea what is coming...

What did he say? I couldn't find it.

What did he say? I couldn't find it.

In case people don't like watching those clips, I'll throw it in spoiler tags:

They showed him and others (I want to say Herschel) running away from walkers inside the prison. He yelled out "you have to leave her". So that means either Carol, Beth, or the baby. I hope its just someone left locked in a cell that is surrounded by walkers and not someone who is dead. Killing off Carol or the baby would just seem cruel at this point. But if it was Herschel he yelled it to, it would probably be Beth left behind, and she adds very little to the show at this point. Still, Herschel potentially losing both of his daughters (at least in his mind) over the course of two episodes would be a tough pill to swallow.

Meh...

I feel ya but I love the show too much to not be geeked. I like the addition of the new group, especially the dude from the wire. Seeing Carl's maturation into a cold calculated leader is frankly not surprising. Ricks inability to let the past go got their new prison buddy killed. Andrea's lack of urgency when it comes to her bed pal is annoying. The Merl and Darryl dynamic is awesome and the more Michonne the better.